Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

How to separate tail lights?

Old 06-15-2009, 03:50 PM   #1
Blaise22 has a spectacular aura aboutBlaise22 has a spectacular aura about
Name: Blaise
Blaise22's Tacoma Gallery
How to separate tail lights?

I painted the outside of my taillights but it looks kind of cheap so I want to open them up and do the inside. Do I use the same process as the head lights?
Old 06-15-2009, 03:52 PM   #2
Bourbon
EquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Casey
EquinsuOcha's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaise22 View Post
I painted the outside of my taillights but it looks kind of cheap so I want to open them up and do the inside. Do I use the same process as the head lights?
Won't work. The lenses are tinted red, and it'll just look funny. Sorry I couldn't be more help.
Old 06-15-2009, 03:59 PM   #3
I have an 09, there clear
Old 06-15-2009, 04:01 PM   #4
Bourbon
EquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Casey
EquinsuOcha's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaise22 View Post
I have an 09, there clear
Oops! Sorry, I should've checked that... The whole light, or just the center? Because I thought it was just the center that was clear.
Old 06-15-2009, 04:01 PM   #5
DanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shed
DanGer's Tacoma Gallery
No you cannot open them up the same way as the headlights...or at all really. They aren't constructed in the same manner and they with break if you try
Old 06-15-2009, 04:02 PM   #6
Quote:
Originally Posted by EquinsuOcha View Post
Oops! Sorry, I should've checked that... The whole light, or just the center? Because I thought it was just the center that was clear.
No problem, the whole lense is clear.