Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

What do i have?

Old 06-15-2009, 07:24 PM   #1
Banned
DdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Crazy
DdayIsNear's Tacoma Gallery
What do i have?

How can i tell what suspension"trd" or not, and other mechanical etc stats on the car with the following pictures:

Old 06-15-2009, 07:27 PM   #2
I KEEEEEL YOU
Burgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Stephen
Burgman's Tacoma Gallery
its weird it doesnt say sport on the tailgate but with the tires and side stickers u prolly have the sport bilsteins with a rear LSD
easy check for TRD: plug in bed of truck, temp gauge above center console, bilstein shocks, blue and yellow. and if u have all this stuff have a rear LSD
Old 06-15-2009, 07:27 PM   #3
Founder Socaltacomas.com
SocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve-0
SocalMan22's Tacoma Gallery
You have the sport tuned suspension you have bilsteins all around the yellow ones. I have never seen it say sport on the tailgate just on the sides
Old 06-15-2009, 07:38 PM   #5
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by socalman22 View Post
You have the sport tuned suspension you have bilsteins all around the yellow ones. I have never seen it say sport on the tailgate just on the sides

ditto...definately no sport on the tail. u have the sport stickers, the sport wheels, and color matched bumper....all also point to sport
Old 06-15-2009, 08:17 PM   #6
Banned
DdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burgman View Post
its weird it doesnt say sport on the tailgate but with the tires and side stickers u prolly have the sport bilsteins with a rear LSD
easy check for TRD: plug in bed of truck, temp gauge above center console, bilstein shocks, blue and yellow. and if u have all this stuff have a rear LSD
i do have the plug in the bed, temp and compass next to sunglass holder, blue n yellow shocks...
Old 06-15-2009, 08:20 PM   #7
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by DdayIsNear View Post
i do have the plug in the bed, temp and compass next to sunglass holder, blue n yellow shocks...
then TRD sport it is
Old 06-15-2009, 08:22 PM   #8
Banned
another stupid question, but thanks everyone for the info, what do i have now, gear ratios, lsd, blah blah, whatever it is i have, i am curious so that i know what i have..does that make sense...its like your gf/or bf, if they have something you wanna know about it.
Old 06-15-2009, 08:24 PM   #9
Sooooooper Moderator

i know u have the mechanical LSD, but not sure about the ratios
Old 06-15-2009, 08:26 PM   #10
Banned
what other kind of lsd is there, also, how does it work,, my mazdaspeed protege had an lsd, dont know about mechanical or other, but how does the mechanical lsd work in this case....sorry for the ignorance, but i feel better asking rather than wondering...no pride, just a taco...
Old 06-15-2009, 08:28 PM   #11
Sooooooper Moderator

there are mechanical like in the 05-08 sports....then an auto like in all of the 09's. mechanical lsd's are actually in the rear deff, where the auto is all brake controlled. mechanicals work better than the auto's.
Old 06-15-2009, 08:38 PM   #12
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhodge83 View Post
there are mechanical like in the 05-08 sports....then an auto like in all of the 09's. mechanical lsd's are actually in the rear deff, where the auto is all brake controlled. mechanicals work better than the auto's.
+1 to me then...awesome. is that why in all this rain, i dont slip the rear tires in 2wd, i am not trying to, but i have a heavy foot and have not spun them yet....
Old 06-15-2009, 08:44 PM   #13
Sooooooper Moderator

Quote:
+1 to me then...awesome. is that why in all this rain, i dont slip the rear tires in 2wd, i am not trying to, but i have a heavy foot and have not spun them yet....
possible, but if u do, u should leave 2 marks at least....haha
Old 06-15-2009, 08:46 PM   #14
Banned
btw jhodge, love the avator
Old 06-15-2009, 08:56 PM   #15
Sooooooper Moderator

Quote:
btw jhodge, love the avator
thx....its my personal pic of martie...i'm sure she'll come around in here now...lol