1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

TSB suspension question

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by mr2crazed, Jun 15, 2009.

1. Jun 15, 2009 at 9:29 PM
    mr2crazed

mr2crazed [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Morro Bay, CA.
    Vehicle:
    06 DC PreRunner SR5
    I recently purchased a 2006 DC Prerunner with 38k miles on it and I don't know if the TSB has been performed. How can I tell?
    I just looked at the frame where the bump stop would contact and it definately has been contact.

What's the likelyhood of me getting the TSB performed seeing I have 38k now? Anyone have luck getting it done outside of factory warranty?

2. Jun 15, 2009 at 9:55 PM
    DanGer

DanGer Avatar approved by 98tacomav6

Member:
    Northern Virginia & Blacksburg
    Vehicle:
    07 Base 4Cyl 4x4 Manual
    White Head Light mod, White shorty antennae, Doug Thorley Long Tube headers, AFE Drop in air filter, Secondary Air Filter Removed,
    People have had luck, but it takes a long fight. I would take it to the dealer, probably get rejected, then call the 1800 # for toyota and get a case #.

If you have 3 leaves in the rear suspension then the TSB has not been performed. Also, if your truck is not a TRD, then you won't have the blue and yellow shocks that come with the TRD package and the TSB

3. Jun 15, 2009 at 9:58 PM
    Ghost96Romeo

Ghost96Romeo What is the Search Tab for????

Member:
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    06 TRD Off-Road D-Cab
    3" Pro-Comp Suspension Lift AAL Rear w/TSB, All-Pro Plate Bumper, Lightforce 240 Blitz lights, Lund Genesis Roll-top Bed cover, K&N Filters, Spidertrax Wheel spacers, Built-by-Me Rock Sliders, Jeep Tow-Hook, Black Leather seats, 48"Hi-Lift Jack mounted in the bed, Blacked out TRD Rims, BHLM, FLM..... and Awesomeness
    If you bought it from a Toyota dealer as a certified used or whatever, then I would definately argue that this should of been done. Not the best argument, but something they knew about and could of done before reselling the vehicle.

4. Jun 16, 2009 at 7:46 AM
    mr2crazed

mr2crazed [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Morro Bay, CA.
    Vehicle:
    06 DC PreRunner SR5
    Thanks for the replies. I don't have the TRD package and unfortunately I did not purchase it from a Toyota dealer.

Looks like it'll be a fight then.

5. Jun 16, 2009 at 9:56 AM
    Padilla1880

Padilla1880 "Let's Ride!"

Member:
    First Name:
    Daniel
    Temecula, CA
    Vehicle:
    05 TRD OffRoad V6 SR5 PreRunner

Products Discussed in

To Top