Old 11-29-2007, 08:55 PM   #22
Carolina Alliance: Midwest Firearms Division
TuRDTACO is on a distinguished road

TuRDTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to TuRDTACO
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilsonTheDog View Post
Where you guys meeting?
i think it's a forest preserve/camping area in north carolina, i had the link to it before but i dont remember what it was called
Old 11-30-2007, 07:16 AM   #23
Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!
nd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these parts

Name: Nate
nd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TuRDTACO View Post
i'm going to be sticking with the 89 for awhile until i have a huge road trip to do, like the Alliance meet in the spring. hey ndcouch can you give me an address somewhere by where we're meeting so i can calculate my driving distance?
i'm not exactly sure. i think tacomaman and jhodge know where the trail is. I think its actually in NC but i'm not sure where. I live in SC so i'll have to find out the details myself when the trip gets closer
Old 11-30-2007, 11:21 AM   #24
Carolina Alliance: Midwest Firearms Division
TuRDTACO is on a distinguished road

TuRDTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to TuRDTACO
i'm probly gunna be driving at least 1000 miles each way i think...thats alot of coffee and gas, and gasoline too haha
Old 12-01-2007, 02:39 AM   #25
ellsworth is on a distinguished road
ellsworth's Tacoma Gallery
Question octane

To all that run lower octane than toyota reomends I say goodluck..In lay terms, octane is the stability of the fuel under heat and presure. If an engine is designed to run certain number rating I run that number or higher. Hoping a engines ecm pulls out enough timing every time a knock sensor isnt happy is a sure bet for piston and or combustion chamber damage over time. A little ping from timt to time is considered by most normal but running a 86 or 87 in a 91 rated motor is not recomended.
Old 12-01-2007, 06:26 AM   #26
concrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Shit deflector
concrete jedi's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellsworth View Post
To all that run lower octane than toyota reomends I say goodluck..In lay terms, octane is the stability of the fuel under heat and presure. If an engine is designed to run certain number rating I run that number or higher. Hoping a engines ecm pulls out enough timing every time a knock sensor isnt happy is a sure bet for piston and or combustion chamber damage over time. A little ping from timt to time is considered by most normal but running a 86 or 87 in a 91 rated motor is not recomended.
Sounds like you have really studied this subject or perhaps are in the fuel industry ? Either way great info, I might have to ease up on the wallet and kick it up for the higher octane.
Old 12-01-2007, 11:43 AM   #27
Unapologetic Texan
sawdust is a splendid one to beholdsawdust is a splendid one to beholdsawdust is a splendid one to beholdsawdust is a splendid one to beholdsawdust is a splendid one to beholdsawdust is a splendid one to beholdsawdust is a splendid one to behold

sawdust's Tacoma Gallery
I haven't pulled out the owners manual to double check, but aren't the gen2 tacos rated for 87 octane?
Old 12-01-2007, 12:04 PM   #28
Oaklandish is on a distinguished road
Oaklandish's Tacoma Gallery
Gas

I have always used 89 in all of my vehicles, runs well and gives me peace of mind to know I'm not running the lowest grade. Cost difference balances out in the end.