Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

change oil plug gasket every 500 miles???

Old 06-15-2009, 10:47 PM   #1
bra is on a distinguished road

bra's Tacoma Gallery
change oil plug gasket every 500 miles???

Hello everyone, I have make my first engine oil change but I have not changed my oil plug gasket. Is it good? Why do we need to change it every service?
Old 06-15-2009, 10:50 PM   #2
IgnoringChrisWatchingEdLi veVicariouslyThroughMJP2
TacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
TacoNut's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bra View Post
Hello everyone, I have make my first engine oil change but I have not changed my oil plug gasket. Is it good? Why do we need to change it every service?
some people change it every oil change, some don't...

in my opinion especially since it's your first oil change just clean it off real good and re-use it. if you do decide to replace it's only $1.55 or so at the dealer
Old 06-15-2009, 10:51 PM   #3
I KEEEEEL YOU
Burgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Stephen
Burgman's Tacoma Gallery
change the oil plug gasket everytime u change ur oil, i believe u meant 5000 instead of 500 but everytime u change ur oil
Old 06-15-2009, 10:56 PM   #4
I KEEEEEL YOU
Burgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Burgman's Tacoma Gallery
hey taconut is the oil plug gasket paper on our trucks?
Old 06-15-2009, 10:58 PM   #5
TacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TacoNut's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burgman View Post
hey taconut is the oil plug gasket paper on our trucks?
it's the black o-ring washer thing that's on the drain plug
Old 06-15-2009, 11:04 PM   #6
I KEEEEEL YOU

Burgman's Tacoma Gallery
i was asking about the material its made out of, ive only changed my oil once now and i dont remember its composition
Old 06-15-2009, 11:06 PM   #7
go shit in your hat
brianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shed
brianr's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burgman View Post
i was asking about the material its made out of, ive only changed my oil once now and i dont remember its composition
I have been using composite ones that are greyish-black.
Old 06-15-2009, 11:07 PM   #8

TacoNut's Tacoma Gallery
its some sorta har rubber plastic
Old 06-15-2009, 11:08 PM   #9
I KEEEEEL YOU

Burgman's Tacoma Gallery
see now i remember my gfs celica has a blue paper one
Old 06-15-2009, 11:51 PM   #10
Resident Jackass
Krazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: EMT - Alberta Health Services - Olds
Name: Power Serge
Krazie Sj's Tacoma Gallery
I reused the one on mine when I did an oil change. No leaking. Probably use it one more oil change before getting a new one.
Old 06-15-2009, 11:53 PM   #11

TacoNut's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krazie Sj View Post
I reused the one on mine when I did an oil change. No leaking. Probably use it one more oil change before getting a new one.
not even gunna say it... don't wanna get boner punched