Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

What bed liner decal to go for on my taco?

Old 06-16-2009, 07:31 AM   #1
StandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Prior service. KC135 Crew Chief
Name: John
StandingCow's Tacoma Gallery
What bed liner decal to go for on my taco?

I can't decide what looks better.. unless you guys have another one that might look better? Timberland green is hard to match, I would love to make a dropkick murphys custom one, but I don't think he does custom ones anymore.

Forgive the sloppy photoshop work...

I was worried that the first one might look almost.. "Christmasy" but I don't think it looks bad at all.
Attached Thumbnails
What bed liner decal to go for on my taco?-dec1.jpg   What bed liner decal to go for on my taco?-dec2.jpg  
Old 06-16-2009, 07:33 AM   #2
Banned
DdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Crazy
DdayIsNear's Tacoma Gallery
first one with skull...but i like skulls, so i am biased...but looks bad ass
Old 06-16-2009, 07:34 AM   #3
StandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by DdayIsNear View Post
first one with skull...but i like skulls, so i am biased...but looks bad ass
Yea, I am wondering about if the red was removed from the outline.. not sure if sock can do that yet though, he is checking.
Old 06-16-2009, 07:35 AM   #4
Simon2150 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon2150 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon2150 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon2150 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon2150 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon2150 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon2150 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon2150 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon2150 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon2150 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon2150 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Simon2150's Tacoma Gallery
I would get it done in black, which ever design you go with. It looks more subtle and doesn't stick out.
Old 06-16-2009, 07:35 AM   #5
DanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shed
DanGer's Tacoma Gallery
I can't tell what the second one is exactly
Old 06-16-2009, 07:37 AM   #6
I see you now..................
longbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bill
longbow's Tacoma Gallery
My opinion, to much red in the first one, and to dark on the other.

Look farther down the road and what you are going to do with your ride, if you are going to add items, lift, wheels, sliders, bumpers and such.
Get a color that will blend everything together.

The way it sits now, and if it was mine I would go maybe grey/silver or a lighter shade of geen, with just a little red outline.

But that just my two cents worth.
Old 06-16-2009, 07:38 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon2150 View Post
I would get it done in black, which ever design you go with. It looks more subtle and doesn't stick out.
What about replacing the red with black? Or with green...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgerm View Post
I can't tell what the second one is exactly
Yea, that is due to my quick crappy photoshop work, it is a pile of skulls.
Old 06-16-2009, 07:44 AM   #8
My hair is all natural
lsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hotdog
lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
I prefer the skulls, but I don't like all the red. It might blend in more when the sticker is actually installed.
Old 06-16-2009, 07:52 AM   #9

Yea, tried replacing the red with black, that looked better...
Old 06-16-2009, 07:54 AM   #10
I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.
mws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
mws4ua's Tacoma Gallery
Not to sound like a jerk, but is your truck a TRD? I'd go w/ the black one, either way, but I def. wouldn't put a TRD sticker on a non-TRD truck.

Although... I've heard the TRD sticker adds at least 5 HP.
Old 06-16-2009, 07:57 AM   #11
Begin With The End In Mind.
carmellocafe is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarmellocafe is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarmellocafe is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarmellocafe is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarmellocafe is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarmellocafe is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarmellocafe is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarmellocafe is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarmellocafe is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarmellocafe is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarmellocafe is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: KEVIN
carmellocafe's Tacoma Gallery
The second one gets my vote. Right on man.
Old 06-16-2009, 07:58 AM   #12

Ok, here it is black..

Quote:
Originally Posted by mws4ua View Post
Not to sound like a jerk, but is your truck a TRD? I'd go w/ the black one, either way, but I def. wouldn't put a TRD sticker on a non-TRD truck.

Although... I've heard the TRD sticker adds at least 5 HP.
That was one concern... but the SR5 selection is limited. Really though, since I got the TSB done... what is the difference between my truck and a TRD now? Some labeling and my tires?
Attached Thumbnails
What bed liner decal to go for on my taco?-dec3.jpg  
Old 06-16-2009, 08:09 AM   #13

Hmm, last one, I could go with this more simple design, and ask if he can replace red with black. This way I won't be "pretending" to be TRD either.. not that I care what others think.
Attached Thumbnails
What bed liner decal to go for on my taco?-sr5_or.jpg  
Old 06-16-2009, 08:16 AM   #14
mws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shed

mws4ua's Tacoma Gallery
^ I vote for that one w/ the Black.

I don't think you care what people think, and it really doesn't bother me, either. I'm just wondering if the guy that buys your truck down the line might notice and think you're being less than honest. The TSB didn't put Bilstein shocks or the locking differential, which (I think) are the major differences.
Old 06-16-2009, 08:28 AM   #15

Quote:
^ I vote for that one w/ the Black.

I don't think you care what people think, and it really doesn't bother me, either. I'm just wondering if the guy that buys your truck down the line might notice and think you're being less than honest. The TSB didn't put Bilstein shocks or the locking differential, which (I think) are the major differences.
It does do the bilstein shocks. But you are right about the locking diff... unless in 09s that was replaced even on the offroads with auto LSD... I don't think it was.
Old 06-16-2009, 08:34 AM   #16

mws4ua's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by StandingCow View Post
It does do the bilstein shocks. But you are right about the locking diff... unless in 09s that was replaced even on the offroads with auto LSD... I don't think it was.
My bad... you're right about the Bilsteins, of course. Not sure what I was thinking.

Either way, I like the last sticker you posted the most of all of them.
Old 06-16-2009, 08:37 AM   #17

Quote:
My bad... you're right about the Bilsteins, of course. Not sure what I was thinking.

Either way, I like the last sticker you posted the most of all of them.
Yea, sometimes simple = awesome.

I think I have to agree, that last one is nice.
Old 06-16-2009, 09:10 AM   #18
I smell corn
kilted1117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilted1117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilted1117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilted1117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilted1117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilted1117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilted1117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilted1117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilted1117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilted1117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilted1117 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gophuk Yousef
kilted1117's Tacoma Gallery
Iv'e got the last one in black and grey and it looks kick ass. But my truck is silver/black and it stands out a little more.