1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Was your '09 TSB denied?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Bryan139, Jun 16, 2009.

1. Jun 16, 2009 at 9:03 AM
    Bryan139

Bryan139 [OP] I have a spectacular aura

Member:
    NJ
    Vehicle:
    '09 Sport
    I cut some wires here. Added some wires there.
    Being that almost half this group is now about the '09 tsb I thought I'd share how I got mine done after jumping thru the same hoops most of you are now. None of us should have to put anything in the bed and take it to the dealer or make more than 1 single phone call after spending close to $30k most likely, especially in this economy. We shouldn't have to print anything out or take any pictures of anything. To me it's this simple; Toyota claims the Tacoma has a payload capacity of 1295 lbs. It doesn't say with or without this or that, it says 1295 lbs. Period. No yellow sticker mentioned. These trucks cannot safely carry thier advertised payload capacity with the 3 leafs. Wether or not you'll ever put that much in the bed also doesn't matter. If the truck cannot safely do what it ws advertised to be able to do it's FALSE ADVERTISING. Go to this website: http://www.bbb.org/us/ and click "File A Complaint." It'll take you 10 minutes. You'll easily spend more time arguing with Toyota than that. Then go to this website: http://www.ftc.gov/ and under "Quick Finder" click Consumer Complaint . It'll also take less than 10 minutes. It's not like we're making this stuff up. Both agencies will notify Toyota complaints were filed against them. I was contacted by Toyota less than 48 hours after filing the complaints and they scheduled my "repairs" right then and there. If you do have the infamous sticker I can't say if that is there loop hole out of it or not, I didn't have the stupid sticker. But as it stands, for however great these trucks are, they can't do what they say and shame on Toyota for breaking our balls and making us go thru all this in the first place.

2. Jun 16, 2009 at 9:12 AM
    T@co_Pr3runn3r

T@co_Pr3runn3r XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Member:
    <----------------->
    Vehicle:
    08 RC Prerunner SR5
    AMEN!!!!! Excellent post. And...they've been gettin away with it since 05. Rep for you................

3. Jun 16, 2009 at 9:52 AM
    Padilla1880

Padilla1880 "Let's Ride!"

Member:
    First Name:
    Daniel
    Temecula, CA
    Vehicle:
    05 TRD OffRoad V6 SR5 PreRunner
    Excellent post! Way to stick it to them. All i gotta say to Toyota is BACK YOUR PRODUCT!

4. Jun 16, 2009 at 9:54 AM
    Burns

Burns Excellent Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    17 DCSB Off-Road
    Bilstein 5100's @ 2.0", Wheelers 1.5" AAL, 265/75/16 Firestone Destination AT2's
    Good job man, I went through the same bullshit getting my 08 done last spring. What dealer in Jersey did you deal with?

5. Jun 16, 2009 at 10:05 AM
    Endurozw

Endurozw War Damn Eagle!

Member:
    First Name:
    Zach
    Birmingham, Alabama
    Vehicle:
    09 PreRunner DC SR5 w/ tow package
    Fold-a-cover G4 - Wranger Duratrac 265/75/16 Audio Upgrades: Pioneer AVH-P4200DVD / JL Audio HD600/4 amp / Hybrid Audio 6.5 Clarus up front / Arc Audio 10 in subwoofer
    So what reason did you use in reporting the problem? Did you just say that you couldn't safely drive with the rated weight in the back of the truck? I guess I have the feeling they'd ask how you discovered the problem which usually leads to them asking for proof / you loading up cement bags in the back of your truck to go prove it. I've never done anything through the BBB so I'm not sure what process they go through in explaining the problem to toyota.

6. Jun 16, 2009 at 11:30 AM
    DriverSound

DriverSound Señor Member

Member:
    SoCaca
    Vehicle:
    2015 DCSB OR 4x4
    Too few to list.

They simply notify Toyota of your problem along with your actual complaint description. I did the same thing and filed with the BBB last month to get this done.

7. Jun 16, 2009 at 12:39 PM
    Bryan139

Bryan139 [OP] I have a spectacular aura

Member:
    NJ
    Vehicle:
    '09 Sport
    I cut some wires here. Added some wires there.
    I've gone thru Crystal Toyota on Rt 22 in Green Brook.

That's the best part of this, they don't make you prove anything. As soon as they notify Toyota, Toyota mans up and takes care of it. They don't have a lot of choice. Toyota knows damn well the stock Taco can't carry that much weight. That's the entire reason for the tsb. If they weren't legally liable they would never issue a tsb in the first place. A carpenter isn't going to stop at your house and say "I noticed your gutter was hanging so I fixed it for you, no need to thank me." Not one person would have ever gotten springs "on the house" if Toyota somehow was't legally bound. They're legally bound due to false advertising laws at the very least. If they want to get around it they need to change the advertised payload capacity.

And for the guys beating your heads against the wall like I was, just remember, it's not the dealership. They don't care what you have pictures of, what's in your bed, and what .pdf you printed out. It's all on Toyota Corporate. The dealership isn't going to do anything Toyota isn't going to reimburse them for. I can tell you Toyota Corporate (I'm just using that so we don't confuse them with indiviual dealerships) is going to have you take it in at least once for an evaluation by a dealer. The dealer will tell you either he can't duplicate the problem or it flat out just doens't apply to your vin #. That's part of the process. But from there let the law work for you. I didn't pay all this money to have to go to Home Depot and buy sand I don't need and save receipts so I can return the sand I didn't need and neither did any of you. At the very least my idea can't hurt you as you're not lying and it's less than 20 minutes out of your life. If the Feds want proof then load up some sand.

Products Discussed in

To Top