Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

What's a realistic price?

Old 06-16-2009, 09:46 AM   #1
Rockitman is on a distinguished road
Navy:
Rockitman's Tacoma Gallery
What's a realistic price?

Got my heart set on a new '09 doublecab 4x4 TRD offroad with tow package in Barcelona red. MSRP is around $31,000.

What can I realistically get this price down to? Is $25,000 going to be out of the question?
Old 06-16-2009, 11:39 AM   #2
Señor Member
DriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shed

DriverSound's Tacoma Gallery
Price all depends on a lot of things. If the dealer is hurting for a sale and about to go under, then maybe but you should shoot for a more realistic price like invoice. It's around $28.5K.
Old 06-16-2009, 11:42 AM   #3
EricT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricT is one of the sharper tools in the shed
EricT's Tacoma Gallery
TRD offroads MSRP only a slight amount more than the sports, people around here seem to be getting them for high 26s, low 27s. Which TRD OR package are you looking at, with or without the fancy audio? I got the fancy audio with bluetooth, and I am loving the bluetooth action. Reason I ask, msrp goes up a few hundred.
Old 06-16-2009, 11:53 AM   #4
Señor Member
DriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shed

DriverSound's Tacoma Gallery
I've not seen any post from anyone in CA who has purchased an 09 4x4 trd or for less than $28K before the rebate. Mine was $27.3K with an msrp of almost $32K.
Old 06-16-2009, 11:57 AM   #5
sweater914 will become famous soon enough
sweater914's Tacoma Gallery
These aren't Fords, Chevys, or Dodges a couple thousand off MSRP sure but not 6 or 7 grand.
Old 06-16-2009, 12:07 PM   #6
EricT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricT is one of the sharper tools in the shed
EricT's Tacoma Gallery
Dodge has a buy 1 get one free sale here. What a deal!
Old 06-16-2009, 12:18 PM   #7
Marazzito will become famous soon enough

Marazzito's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Marazzito Send a message via Yahoo to Marazzito
Be reasonable... $500 over invoice is a sweet deal on a $31,000 tacoma. Invoice if you are really a mooch. Don't try to steal from a dealership, they have a right to make some profit, this is capitalism remember.
Old 06-16-2009, 12:55 PM   #8
thecreeper is on a distinguished road
thecreeper's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweater914 View Post
These aren't Fords, Chevys, or Dodges a couple thousand off MSRP sure but not 6 or 7 grand.
i got prices that are $6k off MSRP. It depends on your area I think and how the dealer is hurting. Where I am trucks do not sell at all right now. They are hurting.

I got prices for a TRD Off Rd at $6k off. A lot of these dealers have too many Tacomas on the lot so they are more willing to deal. Yes you gotta play hardball and stall them out for weeks but they do come down in price.

Right off the bat I was getting $3k off MSRP on OFF RD Pkgs. The more you act as if you could care less and walk the more they will want to talk to you about lowering the price. I walked out of so many dealers and all of them are still calling me once a week... I'm waiting till the end of the month to buy one. I've gotten $6k off but am in no rush to buy it. I told them I'm looking at Frontiers as well (which I've come to find out there are none anymore) and let them stew for 3 weeks or so.

Now if you go to a Chevy dealer around my area those guys are really hurting badly. They can sell the sedans and stuff but the trucks???? They are rusting away. I went to a dealer for the fun of it and a $45k truck they were willing to let it go for $34k. I walked and they still call. Some of these dealers are using the "Why won't you support American" crap. Like that's gonna change my mind...
Old 06-16-2009, 01:24 PM   #9
sweater914 will become famous soon enough
sweater914's Tacoma Gallery
[quote=thecreeper;691623]i got prices that are $6k off MSRP. It depends on your area I think and how the dealer is hurting. Where I am trucks do not sell at all right now. They are hurting.

I got prices for a TRD Off Rd at $6k off. A lot of these dealers have too many Tacomas on the lot so they are more willing to deal. Yes you gotta play hardball and stall them out for weeks but they do come down in price.

Right off the bat I was getting $3k off MSRP on OFF RD Pkgs. The more you act as if you could care less and walk the more they will want to talk to you about lowering the price. I walked out of so many dealers and all of them are still calling me once a week... I'm waiting till the end of the month to buy one. I've gotten $6k off but am in no rush to buy it. I told them I'm looking at Frontiers as well (which I've come to find out there are none anymore) and let them stew for 3 weeks or so.

That's great, IN YOUR AREA, but the rest of the country is different. Like the previous poster said $500 over invoice is reasonable. You the customer aren't being racked over the coals and the salesman/dealership make some money. Dealerships with to much stock on the lot are hurting in a big way if they can't move product within 90 days.

The idea that people can barter every product down to pennies is unreasonable. In your area you seem to have many more dealerships, some of us aren't so lucky.