Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Lug Nut Wheel Locks for 2006

Old 06-16-2009, 12:59 PM   #1
Banned
Pster is one of the sharper tools in the shedPster is one of the sharper tools in the shedPster is one of the sharper tools in the shedPster is one of the sharper tools in the shedPster is one of the sharper tools in the shedPster is one of the sharper tools in the shedPster is one of the sharper tools in the shedPster is one of the sharper tools in the shedPster is one of the sharper tools in the shedPster is one of the sharper tools in the shedPster is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Pster's Tacoma Gallery
Lug Nut Wheel Locks for 2006

Do lug nut wheel locks really work and stop wheel/tire theft? I am looking at a set of Gorilla lug nut locks that have an outer spinning sheath........anyone else have them?
Old 06-16-2009, 01:01 PM   #2
Banned
DdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Crazy
DdayIsNear's Tacoma Gallery
do not have but remmeber this, all alarms locks etc are prevention, nothing stops someone who really wants something, $250k ferrari can be stolen in seconds by the right person who is motivated enough. but i have em and would get em if i didn't
Old 06-16-2009, 01:06 PM   #3
Banned
Pster is one of the sharper tools in the shedPster is one of the sharper tools in the shedPster is one of the sharper tools in the shedPster is one of the sharper tools in the shedPster is one of the sharper tools in the shedPster is one of the sharper tools in the shedPster is one of the sharper tools in the shedPster is one of the sharper tools in the shedPster is one of the sharper tools in the shedPster is one of the sharper tools in the shedPster is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Pster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DdayIsNear View Post
do not have but remmeber this, all alarms locks etc are prevention, nothing stops someone who really wants something, $250k ferrari can be stolen in seconds by the right person who is motivated enough. but i have em and would get em if i didn't
Yeah, I figure it would slow them down...but wondering if they are easy to get off. Seems that the right lug nut wrench might be able to "forcibly turn them".?
Old 06-16-2009, 01:08 PM   #4
"Let's Ride!"
Padilla1880 has a brilliant futurePadilla1880 has a brilliant futurePadilla1880 has a brilliant futurePadilla1880 has a brilliant futurePadilla1880 has a brilliant futurePadilla1880 has a brilliant futurePadilla1880 has a brilliant futurePadilla1880 has a brilliant futurePadilla1880 has a brilliant futurePadilla1880 has a brilliant futurePadilla1880 has a brilliant future

Name: Daniel
Padilla1880's Tacoma Gallery
I have the Gorilla Locks with the spline key adapter. Pretty good design. If you don't have the spline key adapter you won't be getting those lugs off.
Old 06-16-2009, 01:42 PM   #5
O.F.
bb609 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbb609 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbb609 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbb609 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbb609 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbb609 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbb609 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbb609 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbb609 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbb609 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbb609 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: JFK Center, Fort Bragg, NC
bb609's Tacoma Gallery
Total waste on money IMO. If they don't just steal your truck, usually an impact socket and BFH will spin them off no problem.
Old 06-16-2009, 01:53 PM   #6
Banned
Pster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bb609 View Post
Total waste on money IMO. If they don't just steal your truck, usually an impact socket and BFH will spin them off no problem.
Really? You have done this? or just pontificating.....? I like FACTS and REALITY. And GOD. And JESUS for EVERYTHING ELSE.
Old 06-16-2009, 02:04 PM   #7
O.F.
bb609 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbb609 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbb609 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbb609 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbb609 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbb609 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbb609 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbb609 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbb609 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbb609 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbb609 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

bb609's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pster View Post
Really? You have done this? or just pontificating.....? I like FACTS and REALITY. And GOD. And JESUS for EVERYTHING ELSE.
Done it many times.
Old 06-16-2009, 02:13 PM   #8
The clown has no penis...
smallcandle is a name known to allsmallcandle is a name known to allsmallcandle is a name known to allsmallcandle is a name known to allsmallcandle is a name known to allsmallcandle is a name known to all

Name: Brian
smallcandle's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Done it many times.
Under what circumstances?
Old 06-16-2009, 03:06 PM   #10
Banned
Pster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Keys lost. You a cop or somethin'???
Exactly how do you get them off? We are curious and want to know! oh hell no we're not cops. We just want to make correct decisions on spending our hard earned money!!!
Old 06-16-2009, 03:10 PM   #11
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Im not sure if I have the gorrilla locks or not, but I know we tried to get them off by pounding a socket on them, and it didnt work. We tried for an hour. AND, as frustrating the dam "Key" is to use to get them off, Im thinking they keep the wheels as safe as anything else.
Old 06-16-2009, 03:20 PM   #12
O.F.

bb609's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Exactly how do you get them off? We are curious and want to know! oh hell no we're not cops. We just want to make correct decisions on spending our hard earned money!!!
Use a slightly larger impact socket and pound it onto the lug with a BFH (big f***ing hammer). Attach wrench and turn. Tightening the other lugs a bit helps too. As mentioned previously, worked EVERY time for me. I've used regular sockets too but as you might guess, they tend to crack.

Oh and again, as mentioned previously, don't waste your money. If a thief wants them that bad, they'll just steal your truck anyway.
Old 06-16-2009, 03:44 PM   #13
Banned
Pster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Use a slightly larger impact socket and pound it onto the lug with a BFH (big f***ing hammer). Attach wrench and turn. Tightening the other lugs a bit helps too. As mentioned previously, worked EVERY time for me. I've used regular sockets too but as you might guess, they tend to crack.

Oh and again, as mentioned previously, don't waste your money. If a thief wants them that bad, they'll just steal your truck anyway.
Like, the gang bangers in Charlotte drive around with pneumatic air wrenchs and shit? Me thinks someone is simply a malcontent. C'mon BB609, get real with us here. This isn't a H.S. auto shop.........
Old 06-16-2009, 03:46 PM   #14
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

LMAO!!!

Oopss.....
Old 06-16-2009, 03:58 PM   #15
O.F.

bb609's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Like, the gang bangers in Charlotte drive around with pneumatic air wrenchs and shit? Me thinks someone is simply a malcontent. C'mon BB609, get real with us here. This isn't a H.S. auto shop.........
R.I.F. - Impact SOCKET.....which can be used on a regular socket wrench, Sport. They won't crack like a regular socket will, hence an impact.

Do you guys live under a rock or something? No one here has heard of doing this before???? Serious.
Old 06-16-2009, 04:00 PM   #16

Quote:
R.I.F. - Impact SOCKET.....which can be used on a regular socket wrench, Sport.
FWIW, In the case of my wheels, the socket that fits the lug, is too large to fit into the holes in the wheels.
Old 06-16-2009, 04:08 PM   #17
Banned
Pster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
FWIW, In the case of my wheels, the socket that fits the lug, is too large to fit into the holes in the wheels.
Ditto! Ouch! My rock just fell on my finger!!! C'mon bb609...a jackhammer maybe, or cut off tool...but an Impact Socket that won't even fit into the lug nut recess????? We want THE TRUTH. Give us THE TRUTH. BE REAL. We don't want the "theororetical" removal method. Real life now...you drive up next my truck....I've got some KILLA Nitro's and YOU WANT THEM!!!!! Tell me how you and your posse get them off when I'm sporting a Gorilla lug nut lock with spinning outer sheath!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WE NEEDS TO KNOW!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-16-2009, 04:13 PM   #18
O.F.

bb609's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
And how exactly do you mount them????
Old 06-16-2009, 04:13 PM   #19

Quote:
And how exactly do you mount them????
Thin wall sockets.
Old 06-16-2009, 04:18 PM   #20
Banned
Pster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Thin wall sockets.
Yessiree! Honey...I dun need my crack pipe tonight....need i smack ya agin! I need ma thinwall impact wrench socket set bitch!!! gonna git me sum wheeeeels!!!!! Wha???? Ya down go it?!?!?!? Then git your freking ho ass down to Wallied MArt and git one!!!!!! Beeeetch!!!