1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

TSB issues...

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by tlmotorsport, Jun 16, 2009.

1. Jun 16, 2009 at 3:21 PM
    tlmotorsport

tlmotorsport [OP] Active Member

Member:
    St. Louis
    Vehicle:
    08 4x4 Doublecab w/ offroad package
    So, last monday(the 8th) I took my 08 with the off road package in for the rear spring TSB, no problem in getting things going, and he estimates the parts will be in thursday. Call thursday afternoon to verify that the parts came in for the apt. friday, "all the parts are here except the springs, which wont be here till monday" call yesterday, the parts are there and arange to bring the truck in tuesday (today) at 8:30. Get a voicemail about 4:30 saying one of the parts (one of the springs) is damaged and they are having one overnighted in from KC and they wont be done with the truck till at least 3 tommorow. So, now here I sit at home with no transportation, I'm bored out of my freakin mind and getting more and more upset and cant talk to them anymore cause they closed at 5 today.

Seriously, they couldnt have checked the parts and called me by noon today so that I could have gotten the truck and done something with the rest of my day?

2. Jun 16, 2009 at 3:23 PM
    Jester243

Jester243 all I wanted was a god dang picture of a hotdog...

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Spokane, WA
    Vehicle:
    2016 Trail Premium 4Runner w/ KDSS
    some of this, a little of that
    On the bright side you can now spend more time on TW!!! :D

3. Jun 16, 2009 at 3:27 PM
    jandrews

jandrews Hootin' and Hollerin'

Member:
    Vehicle:
    '09 FourDubDee TRD OR
    A-TRUCK, Fat Kid in the Bed, Custom Pinstriping, Ported and Polished Muffler Bearing, Hi-Performance Bed Mat
    Settle down. They paid to have the replacement overnighted. They're doing their best to make it right as fast as they can. Give them a chance.

Surprised they didn't offer a loaner vehicle though...

4. Jun 16, 2009 at 3:30 PM
    Janster

Janster Old & Forgetful

Member:
    First Name:
    Jandy
    Lancaster, PA
    Vehicle:
    2016 GMC Canyon SLT w/ LineX and....
    Yes they could have.

But unfortunately, there are a lot of people in the world that don't think ahead and they surely don't care about convenience on customers behalf.

It's more convenient for them not to call you.

5. Jun 16, 2009 at 3:33 PM
    tlmotorsport

Member:
    St. Louis
    Vehicle:
    Well the guy just called back (after they were closed) and said I could get a camry first thing in the morning. Its just frustrating that I have to be without my only form (of legal/working) transportation for 2 days when I have a bunch of yard stuff that needs moved for some landscaping that I'm doing. I'm more upset about the fact that it took em all day to tell me it wasnt gonna be done by the end of the day when, at least the way I do things, would have known fairly early on by inspecting the parts before getting to work.

6. Jun 16, 2009 at 3:38 PM
    ttylerr

ttylerr Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tyler
    Fort McMurray, Alberta
    Vehicle:
    09 MGM 4Banger 4x4
    5% tint all around, Alpine IVA-W505, 16x8 Mojave Teflon Rims w/Hercules Terra Trac 265/75, Grillcraft Grill, Slimcubby HIDs, Front 5100's @ 0 w/Eibach 1.6" springs, URD Short Shifter, Extang Trifecta Tonneau Cover, Uniden Pro510XL and K30Mag Mount, Relentless Fab Bumper soon to come
    Welcome to the wonderful world of dealerships
    I work at a Mack trucks dealership. Our policy is "get it in and get it apart" that way, the customer really has no choice but to get the work done, no matter how long it takes :)

btw, just putting it out there, i in no way agree with this... I just do what i have to to stay employed

7. Jun 16, 2009 at 3:43 PM
    tlmotorsport

Member:
    St. Louis
    Vehicle:
    Yes, but the owner, who I know from the racing world as I've helped do a bit of work on his T1 viper (http://www.viperracer.com/viper98.html) when he had the seat/cage reworked on the black one so he would fit better, will be getting a call.

8. Jun 16, 2009 at 4:25 PM
    RCBS

RCBS How long you willing to tolerate this crap??

Member:
    Harden your bark, there are storms on the horizon.
    Vehicle:
    Goodbye 06, Hello 21. TRDORDCSBMT
    Tornado intake, Duralube, Fartcan.
    i requested and was granted a corolla...damn they're small. i almost pulled a trick from the movie Commando, and ripped out the front seat to sit in the back whilst driving.

i had heard of dealerships screwing up and ordering the 3 pack instead of the four, and would not take my truck in until they confirmed the part #s. sure enough...they ordered the four pack for the pass side, and the 3 pack for the drivers. i'm glad i had them check, as i am 60 miles from them. in the end it worked out well. drove over and dropped my truck off after work one night, and came back the next to pick it up.

Products Discussed in

To Top