Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Bilstein 5100 Series Discount Code "Fixed"

Old 06-16-2009, 10:01 PM   #1
Downsouth Motorsport
Downsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Downsouth Motorsports's Tacoma Gallery
Bilstein 5100 Series Discount Code "Fixed"

Good evening to everyone,

Well it took me awhile, but I figured out what was wrong with the
Promo code for the Bilsteins 5100 Series Pre-Load Adjustable Shocks
for the '05-'09 Tacoma's.....It works now and again I apologize for any Inconvenience and the code is still the following for the set of "4"
Shocks:

BIL0509....and the "0" are Zeros.......

You will need to register on the site first then place your Order and
Plug in the code and you should be good to go.....

Again sorry about.....I never claimed to be a computer wiz and it shows...

Now off to 1st Gen Tacoma's section.......

Thank you
Sonny

Old 06-16-2009, 10:16 PM   #2
Downsouth Motorsport
Downsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Sorry one more thing.....Just a heads up....

King just raised there OEM Replacement Performance Coilover Kit
Retail Pricing and yes the Forum members still get a discount and you
will need to contact us for the discount...I can not put it in print without
having someone complain......

Thanks,
Sonny
Old 06-16-2009, 10:28 PM   #3
it is what it is
09TRD is on a distinguished road

09TRD's Tacoma Gallery
I thought I was doing something wrong with the promo code, I'm no computer genius either! Now I have to get the nerve back up again to place the order...lol.
Old 06-16-2009, 10:30 PM   #4
Downsouth Motorsport

I know sorry about that......But better late then never and
there is a learning curve for me and computers....HA, HA, HA
Old 06-16-2009, 10:31 PM   #5
it is what it is

09TRD's Tacoma Gallery
I hear that...lol, how is the supply of the front/rear 5100's for the 2009's right now?
Old 06-16-2009, 10:33 PM   #6
Downsouth Motorsport

Thank God...Good right now and it looks like we should be o.k. for a little while...
Now the First Gen Tacoma's...That's a whole different story....
Old 06-16-2009, 10:37 PM   #7
it is what it is

09TRD's Tacoma Gallery
I hate to hi-jack the thread but what you think I could sell the stock TRD Off Road bilstein's out from under my truck for? 3,000 miles on 'em.
Old 06-16-2009, 10:44 PM   #8
Downsouth Motorsport

You might get $100 to $150 for the set of "4"
Craigs List and E-Bay is what I would recommend as well
as Race Dezert....
Old 06-16-2009, 10:46 PM   #9
it is what it is

09TRD's Tacoma Gallery
Alright, that seems to be the consistent answer. I'll be another satisfied customer of DSM soon enough. Thanks for all your help. I know I've sent you ALOT of pm's trying to figure all this out. lol
Old 06-16-2009, 10:48 PM   #10
Downsouth Motorsport

No Problem.....That is why I am here to help and answer questions....
Let me know.....

Thank you,
Sonny
Old 06-17-2009, 06:45 AM   #11
Simon2150 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon2150 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon2150 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon2150 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon2150 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon2150 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon2150 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon2150 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon2150 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon2150 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon2150 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Simon2150's Tacoma Gallery
<-- Satisfied customer right here. Got my billies installed last week and they're awesome!
Old 06-17-2009, 06:51 AM   #12
Negative1 will become famous soon enough

Negative1's Tacoma Gallery
I just started considering putting 5100's on my 09, and Im not sure I understand how just a 'shock' can lift the truck 2.5"

If my search skills are right, people are not putting in aftermarket springs, and are just using their stock springs with the 5100's in the front to get 2.5" lift.

And for the rear, the 5100's don't give any lift, its more just to match up the ride stiffness... Right?

I'll prob order a set, when I know more about this.
Old 06-17-2009, 08:25 AM   #13
Downsouth Motorsport

Good morning,

I figured I would answer this one as best I could....

The front shocks are lifting the truck because you are raising the lower spring Plate
location and adding Pre-Load to the spring to change the ride height.
That is why you are re-using your factory spring and Top hat and there is no need
for an after market spring unless you chose to...

The shock is not any longer then stock....

The advantage is the valving in the shock, because it is set up to help with the added pre-load of the spring.....The front and Rear shocks are valved to work together and
that is also what makes the shocks unique....

The rear shocks do not lift the rear because of the leaf spring suspension you have.
The only way to change the ride height on a leaf spring would be to add a AAL
or a block and U-Bolt kit or Shackle or a new spring pack and so on.....

Hope this helps...
Old 06-17-2009, 09:55 PM   #14
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
invalid discount code

I went to the website, and created an account. I selected the bilstein 5100's, entered the discount code and no go. ...
Old 06-17-2009, 10:11 PM   #15
Downsouth Motorsport

Where are you located???

I tested it again this morning and it worked.....

You can place the order online and make a note in the year make and model section and I will modify the pricing on our end.....

Back to the drawing board...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottcrumley24 View Post
I went to the website, and created an account. I selected the bilstein 5100's, entered the discount code and no go. ...
Old 06-17-2009, 11:55 PM   #16
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks alot, look forward to doing business w/ ya!