LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

power door locks?

Old 06-17-2009, 01:06 PM   #1
beaver6713 is on a distinguished road

beaver6713's Tacoma Gallery
power door locks?

I have a 2009 DC short bed that is equipped with power door locks but it did NOT come with a remote, question is, I have an extra Toyota remote (what it worked with I do not know) can I have it programed for my truck? Also ,what do you think about knerf bars on this truck, yes or no, chrome or black?
Attached Thumbnails
power door locks?-dscf1405.jpg  
Old 06-17-2009, 02:03 PM   #4
Evans381 is a splendid one to beholdEvans381 is a splendid one to beholdEvans381 is a splendid one to beholdEvans381 is a splendid one to beholdEvans381 is a splendid one to beholdEvans381 is a splendid one to beholdEvans381 is a splendid one to behold

Name: Ty
Evans381's Tacoma Gallery
Id get a set of wheels first bro.
Old 06-17-2009, 03:41 PM   #5

Thanks for the info. I will try the old remote and keep my fingers crossed. Yes I do agree, A set of wheels is on the wish list.
Old 06-17-2009, 03:55 PM   #6
Thread killer
LBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

LBtaco's Tacoma Gallery
or just get an alarm that can do it for you. 1st mod should always be security.
Old 06-17-2009, 03:56 PM   #7
needs to stop cruising Buy/Sell/Trade....
jefferson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjefferson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjefferson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjefferson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjefferson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjefferson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjefferson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjefferson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjefferson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjefferson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjefferson is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sex Panther
jefferson's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to jefferson
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBtaco View Post
or just get an alarm that can do it for you. 1st mod should always be security.
Just about to say, if you go through viper or whomeever.. theres cheap kits for either the whole alarm or JUST keyless entry. Easy to install, cheap to get.
Old 06-18-2009, 08:22 AM   #8

Just about to say, if you go through viper or whomeever.. theres cheap kits for either the whole alarm or JUST keyless entry. Easy to install, cheap to get.

thanks,this is the info that i was looking for.
Old 06-18-2009, 11:12 AM   #9
jefferson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjefferson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjefferson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjefferson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjefferson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjefferson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjefferson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjefferson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjefferson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjefferson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjefferson is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by beaver6713 View Post

thanks,this is the info that i was looking for.
np
Old 06-18-2009, 11:30 AM   #10
SilverStreakUSMC is on a distinguished road
Marines: Combat Engineer, OIF 01-08
SilverStreakUSMC's Tacoma Gallery
hoping this isnt a jack, being that its along the same lines, but is it possible for me to get power locks and/or power windows on my 08 access cab 4.0 V6?
Old 06-18-2009, 04:31 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverStreakUSMC View Post
hoping this isnt a jack, being that its along the same lines, but is it possible for me to get power locks and/or power windows on my 08 access cab 4.0 V6?
you can always install them.. just matters how much you wanna spend. Its all plugandplay.
Old 06-18-2009, 04:39 PM   #12
okayy....where would i go to find kits for all that? i mean ive tried google, and forums but i just cant find anything. i talked to toyota, and they said they wouldnt do it. so im wondering if anybody can give me any more information than what ive found for myself. ill decide if im willing to pay for it after i found out if i can even do it, you know what i mean?
Old 06-18-2009, 05:31 PM   #13
i believe i may have found what im looking for. thanks!
Old 06-18-2009, 05:44 PM   #15
well i found this http://www.a1electric.com/catalog/cat_key.htm for power door locks, keyless entry, and alarm. they have window kits but dont specify if they can be used on our tacos. i emailed them and hoping for the best.

but as i was saying earlier, the dealership actually said that i would need a whole new wiring harness to put the stock stuff in, but they have been dead wrong before, so i dont really know, and i dont know enough about our trucks electrical to make an educated decision on whether to buy this stuff or like you said, go to a junkyard or something, id much rather do that but i dont know if i have the right wiring harness.

eric