Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

snugtop rear window hydraulic is broken

Old 06-17-2009, 05:53 PM   #1
curlingjh is on a distinguished road
Name: Josh
curlingjh's Tacoma Gallery
snugtop rear window hydraulic is broken

i have a 2007 tacoma with a snugtop. one of the hydraulics that lifts the back window lost pressure and fluid. any idea where replacement parts can be found?
Old 06-17-2009, 05:58 PM   #2
spp is a splendid one to beholdspp is a splendid one to beholdspp is a splendid one to beholdspp is a splendid one to beholdspp is a splendid one to beholdspp is a splendid one to beholdspp is a splendid one to beholdspp is a splendid one to behold
spp's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by curlingjh View Post
i have a 2007 tacoma with a snugtop. one of the hydraulics that lifts the back window lost pressure and fluid. any idea where replacement parts can be found?
Best place to find one is a local snug top dealer. Auto parts stores usually carry gas charged struts and you maybe able to find a match as a second choice.
Old 06-17-2009, 06:15 PM   #3
[eric] is on a distinguished road
Name: Eric
[eric]'s Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by curlingjh View Post
good luck and post back when you get a solution. the same thing happens in mine. i spent 2 months emailing Snugtop and i never got a response back.
Old 06-18-2009, 06:26 AM   #4
If The World Didn't Suck, We'd All Fall Off
Rocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
Rocketball's Tacoma Gallery
Try Google.

I was looking for a part for my Leer cap a few months ago and found a parts dealer that had all kind of replacement parts for truck caps.

Sorry, I don't remember the name or have a link for ya, but it's definately out there.
Old 06-18-2009, 06:41 AM   #5
Go Vick ??? Go Birds !!!
Rtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Rtrn2taco's Tacoma Gallery
try www.centurydistributing.com they will have them. If that fails let me know the part number (example: c16-xxxxxx), I sell truck caps and have alot of numbers in stock.
Old 06-18-2009, 08:31 AM   #6
curlingjh is on a distinguished road
Name: Josh
curlingjh's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for the help. Found the part through the snug top midwest distributor. 866-768-4543. The shock is $30 plus $10 shipping. Thanks rtrn2taco..I saw your post right after I placed the order.
Old 06-18-2009, 08:39 AM   #7
Go Vick ??? Go Birds !!!
Rtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Rtrn2taco's Tacoma Gallery
No problem, $40.00 total is a little steep but it is good to know it is on its way.
Old 03-02-2011, 03:16 PM   #8
zerobs is on a distinguished road
Name: Mike
zerobs's Tacoma Gallery
broke strut

I am a little late but this is good info anyways. Always replace both struts at the same time. I just replaced 1 because when I took them off, only 1 was not working. That was just 1 year ago & now the glass is falling on my head again. I was told I should replace both at the time but MR. Smart, here, decided ta go with just 1. I am now going to replace both & am looking on EBay for them.
My initial search has come up with the price tag of about $30 for both including shipping. The stock ones r 40 lbs capacity, I believe. I am going to try to find 45 LBs. I got my 1st replacement, at the local Snugtop dealer & he charged me $20, out the door.
This isn't the exact strut I need but from the same store. Thought u might want ta check it out... http://snipurl.com/265js0
This is my 1st response, hope it helps somebody......