1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

snugtop rear window hydraulic is broken

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by curlingjh, Jun 17, 2009.

1. Jun 17, 2009 at 5:53 PM
    curlingjh

curlingjh [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    virginia beach, va
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD OffRoad--Blue on Black
    SnugTop Shell, Yakima Racks, 2.5" front levelers, rear AAL, 1.5" spacers, Satoshi Grill, Black Skid Plate
    i have a 2007 tacoma with a snugtop. one of the hydraulics that lifts the back window lost pressure and fluid. any idea where replacement parts can be found?

2. Jun 17, 2009 at 5:58 PM
    spp

spp OC, Kalifornia

Member:
    OC California
    Best place to find one is a local snug top dealer. Auto parts stores usually carry gas charged struts and you maybe able to find a match as a second choice.

3. Jun 17, 2009 at 6:15 PM
    [eric]

[eric] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Bend, OR
    Vehicle:
    2005 Tacoma TRD OFF Road
    good luck and post back when you get a solution. the same thing happens in mine. i spent 2 months emailing Snugtop and i never got a response back.

4. Jun 18, 2009 at 6:26 AM
    Rocketball

Rocketball If The World Didn't Suck, We'd All Fall Off

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    Westminster, MD
    Vehicle:
    08 Speedway Blue DC Sport 4x4
    Pioneer head unit, PAC steering wheel control modual, Hard wired Sirius radio, Hard wired radar detector, Hella Supertone horns, Blacked out badges, Smoked Tails, BHLM (color matched Speedway Blue), T-Rex Eyelids, Black Powder Coated Billet Grill, Color Matched Engine Cover, Lund in channel vent visors, FJ Cruiser wheels, Leer 100XQ shell, OEM bed mat, Piezo beeper for locking doors, Tinted front side windows, Black Westin bull bar, Aires tube steps, Mini Maglite Mod, D-Cell Maglite Mod, Weathertech Digifit Floor Mats
    Try Google.

I was looking for a part for my Leer cap a few months ago and found a parts dealer that had all kind of replacement parts for truck caps.

Sorry, I don't remember the name or have a link for ya, but it's definately out there.

5. Jun 18, 2009 at 6:41 AM
    Rtrn2taco

Rtrn2taco Nostalgia...

Member:
    Philadelphia
    Vehicle:
    08 DC PreRunner (silver)
    try www.centurydistributing.com they will have them. If that fails let me know the part number (example: c16-xxxxxx), I sell truck caps and have alot of numbers in stock.

6. Jun 18, 2009 at 8:31 AM
    curlingjh

curlingjh [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    virginia beach, va
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD OffRoad--Blue on Black
    SnugTop Shell, Yakima Racks, 2.5" front levelers, rear AAL, 1.5" spacers, Satoshi Grill, Black Skid Plate
    Thanks for the help. Found the part through the snug top midwest distributor. 866-768-4543. The shock is $30 plus $10 shipping. Thanks rtrn2taco..I saw your post right after I placed the order.

7. Jun 18, 2009 at 8:39 AM
    Rtrn2taco

Rtrn2taco Nostalgia...

Member:
    Philadelphia
    Vehicle:
    08 DC PreRunner (silver)
    No problem, $40.00 total is a little steep but it is good to know it is on its way.

8. Mar 2, 2011 at 3:16 PM
    zerobs

zerobs New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Long Beach CA
    Vehicle:
    03 SR5 PreRunner TRD
    I am a little late but this is good info anyways. Always replace both struts at the same time. I just replaced 1 because when I took them off, only 1 was not working. That was just 1 year ago & now the glass is falling on my head again. I was told I should replace both at the time but MR. Smart, here, decided ta go with just 1. I am now going to replace both & am looking on EBay for them.
    My initial search has come up with the price tag of about $30 for both including shipping. The stock ones r 40 lbs capacity, I believe. I am going to try to find 45 LBs. I got my 1st replacement, at the local Snugtop dealer & he charged me $20, out the door.
    This isn't the exact strut I need but from the same store. Thought u might want ta check it out... http://snipurl.com/265js0
    This is my 1st response, hope it helps somebody......

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.

Products Discussed in

To Top