Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Tinted entire truck today

Old 06-20-2009, 09:29 AM   #1
FL4x4Taco is a glorious beacon of lightFL4x4Taco is a glorious beacon of lightFL4x4Taco is a glorious beacon of lightFL4x4Taco is a glorious beacon of lightFL4x4Taco is a glorious beacon of light
FL4x4Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Tinted entire truck today

Well got it done finally. Had 75% Solar Gard UHP put over the factory privacy glass and windscreen. 35% HP on the two front doors. Turned out GREAT!!!! Awsome VLT% combo, great shade awsome products!!!! I am estatic about the products themselves. and the windscreen made a huge difference with the FL heat. the UHP 75% is a clear tint basically. Doesn't even look tinted. That UHP is very expensive stuff. ran me $300+tax to do the all of this. And you can meter my entire truck and it's legal in FL (maybe not the windscreen, but it's clear film dude). Deffinately not a gangsta ryde. Classy combo in my opinion. Next I'm having the same shop put in a new Viper 5901 Alarm. Only shop around I found that even stocks that new viper. I will post pics in a few minutes.
Old 06-20-2009, 09:52 AM   #3
FL4x4Taco is a glorious beacon of lightFL4x4Taco is a glorious beacon of lightFL4x4Taco is a glorious beacon of lightFL4x4Taco is a glorious beacon of lightFL4x4Taco is a glorious beacon of light
working on it buddy.... uploading right now.
Old 06-20-2009, 10:11 AM   #5
OK. Pics.

Overall shot:

Side shot. Notice how the rear is a tad darker. And how the front and rear have the same "shade" of charcoal.

Rear window shot. Doesn't really show anything... it's just as dark as the rear doors.

Looking through the front door through the windscreen.

shot from the inside back seat, looking out the back window.

Looking out the front window from the inside.

Overall I'm pretty happy. Just need to have the RF window re-done. there is a pice of scrap tint under the corner they just went right over . Perfect amount of privacy, legal if I get metered, not to dark to where I don't feel safe seeing out. Much cooler, and >99% UV protection and all glass.
Old 06-20-2009, 10:22 AM   #7
oshky is a jewel in the roughoshky is a jewel in the roughoshky is a jewel in the rough

oshky's Tacoma Gallery
Looks good!!!
Old 06-20-2009, 10:30 AM   #8
I can tell you the temps dropped quite a bit. Before (just stock privacy tint) I'd have to be running the A/C all the time during the day. Even at 8am on the way to the tint shop today. At 11am out of there I ran no a/c most of the way home, just vents. Overhead temp was 94 F. HUGE temp diff. With the A/C on you could really get it cold. and you don't get that burning sensation from the sun beaming through the windscreen. The 75% UHP has a solar heat rejection of like 40-42%. That's almost half the solar engergy being rejected.

When moneys level off I'm going to look into tinting our house with something in the VLT% range of I'd say 50%. Amazing how most newer homes don't have some light tinting built in already. You'd think people want to live in a tanning bed.
Old 06-20-2009, 11:37 AM   #9
FoxRacR17 has much to be proud ofFoxRacR17 has much to be proud ofFoxRacR17 has much to be proud ofFoxRacR17 has much to be proud ofFoxRacR17 has much to be proud ofFoxRacR17 has much to be proud ofFoxRacR17 has much to be proud ofFoxRacR17 has much to be proud ofFoxRacR17 has much to be proud ofFoxRacR17 has much to be proud of
Name: Kevin
FoxRacR17's Tacoma Gallery
hearing you rave about this tint makes me want to do my entire truck also. Did you do the front windsheild also? And do they make this tint dark also? I want to make all the windows darker, probably 20% or so, except for the front windshield of course.
Old 06-20-2009, 01:58 PM   #11
Here is a cut and dry of what went where over what.

Windscreen (whole thing)- 75% Ultra High performance
Front doors- 35% HP Supreme
Rear doors- 75% Ultra High performance
Rear window- 75% Ultra High performance.
**Factory privacy glass on rear doors and rear window**
Old 06-20-2009, 06:19 PM   #12
TX
TEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
TEX357's Tacoma Gallery
you shouldve gone 5% it wouldve been way cooler
Old 06-20-2009, 06:24 PM   #13
go shit in your hat
brianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shed
brianr's Tacoma Gallery
looks good.

tinting is the best thing I've ever done.
Old 06-20-2009, 06:43 PM   #14
jrws6 is a jewel in the roughjrws6 is a jewel in the roughjrws6 is a jewel in the roughjrws6 is a jewel in the rough

Army: 101st Airborne
Name: Jason
jrws6's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoGuy05 View Post
you shouldve gone 5% it wouldve been way cooler
Mine is 5% on the front doors, and 5% on the rear doors, back glass PLUS the factory privacy tint. I love it. 30 bucks for all 7 pieces of tint precut and shipped from ebay. Easy to do. My tint is PERFECTLY CUT! no cut marks where some shop dude got in a hurry. CNC machines cut it out to match the glass.

the 5% on the front doors is a little hard to see out of at night. So for that reason I would have to recomend 20% on the sides, and 5% on the back.
Old 06-20-2009, 06:52 PM   #15
i can see how the cutter machine might have been a better route...
Old 06-20-2009, 08:43 PM   #16
socal16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsocal16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsocal16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsocal16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsocal16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsocal16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsocal16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsocal16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsocal16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsocal16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsocal16 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Diego
socal16's Tacoma Gallery
looks great!! im tinting my front windshield 30 percent on monday
Old 06-20-2009, 09:29 PM   #17
bass turds
Veccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
Veccster's Tacoma Gallery
Though the pre-cut pieces do sound tempting, I think I may go with a local shop. They will do both fronts for $70 and it is guaranteed for life. If it ever bubbles or peels, they will re-do it. I don't need to do the windshield as we don't see enough sun here in Western PA. I want 30% on the front sides. 70% is legal (boring)

How low do the precuts go? Do they go past the rubber squeegee at the bottom?
Old 06-20-2009, 09:34 PM   #18
jrws6 is a jewel in the roughjrws6 is a jewel in the roughjrws6 is a jewel in the roughjrws6 is a jewel in the rough

jrws6's Tacoma Gallery
I paid a local shop to do my boat windows. After he finished my boat, he asked about my truck. I told him I did it, he acted interested so i showed him. he said the program to cut them with a cnc, but for some reason liked to do it his self. 250.00 to tint my boat glass and I wish it looked as good as my truck, not even close. but boats suck to tint! Sure are sharp though.

To the OP your truck looks awesome!
Old 06-20-2009, 09:39 PM   #19

jrws6's Tacoma Gallery
Link to Pre cut tint.
Best part about the tint is that it peels off easy from the clear adhesive because only the tint piece is the shape of the glass, not the entire piece of film.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Toyot...Q5fAccessories
Old 06-20-2009, 10:05 PM   #20
Custom Tacoma bumpers & more for your offroad toy
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
RelentlessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
looks good. I really want to tint my truck a bit more than the factory. I like the look, and privacy it gives