1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

well, making first dealer trip

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by danteisme, Jun 22, 2009.

1. Jun 22, 2009 at 6:54 AM
    danteisme

danteisme [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    South Western PA
    Vehicle:
    06 DCSB Sport, 96 Integra GSR
    so i've decided to make my first dealer trip with my taco(2005). i was under it yesterday makin sure my bolts where all tightened properly from my diff fluid change etc.. there is a lot of rust on my frame, and my control arms look even worse(not as worried about that as i am my frame). i know my truck isnt on the list for it to be a problem, but its rustier than my dads 95 full size chevy. that dont seem right, my truck is 10 years newer. so i'm gonna make an appt for the dealer to check it out and make sure i dont have an issue. i hope i dont, i just would rather be safe than sorry.

2. Jul 8, 2009 at 7:29 AM
    danteisme

Member:
    South Western PA
    Vehicle:
    now that i only work one job, i was finally able to make an appt to get my frame inspected. its going in saturday morning bright and early. when i called the dealer i told the lady i know my truck doesnt fall into the category but i'd like my frame inspected. she asked what year? i told her 2005 and she oh no, that fits into the category now we are inspecting 2005s. i guess this means more 05's are being affected? i'd take a pic of what mine looks like but my camera has stopped transferring pics to the computer. i dunno how well it'd come out off my cell phone camera.

3. Jul 11, 2009 at 11:45 AM
    danteisme

Member:
    South Western PA
    Vehicle:
    had my frame checked out today, free of charge. they determined its just surface rust now and no repairs are needed.

Products Discussed in

To Top