Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Best lift kit for a no budget limit.....

Old 06-23-2009, 10:10 AM   #1
Razorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Razorecko's Tacoma Gallery
Best lift kit for a no budget limit.....

Thats my question, what is the total best full lift kit ( 3in ) you can get for the tacoma ?? So far I'm eyeballing the icon stage 3 or 4 kit....
Old 06-23-2009, 10:11 AM   #2
AR_Taco is a splendid one to beholdAR_Taco is a splendid one to beholdAR_Taco is a splendid one to beholdAR_Taco is a splendid one to beholdAR_Taco is a splendid one to beholdAR_Taco is a splendid one to beholdAR_Taco is a splendid one to beholdAR_Taco is a splendid one to behold

Air Force:
AR_Taco's Tacoma Gallery
No budget? Go long travel.
Old 06-23-2009, 10:17 AM   #3
Razorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shed
lol, damn some of that ish costs a fortune....i might be better off just doing a toytec and trading in the taco for when the raptor 6.2 comes out
Old 06-23-2009, 10:19 AM   #4
AR_Taco is a splendid one to beholdAR_Taco is a splendid one to beholdAR_Taco is a splendid one to beholdAR_Taco is a splendid one to beholdAR_Taco is a splendid one to beholdAR_Taco is a splendid one to beholdAR_Taco is a splendid one to beholdAR_Taco is a splendid one to behold

Air Force:
AR_Taco's Tacoma Gallery
That truck has no soul.
Old 06-23-2009, 10:20 AM   #5
Living vicariously through myself
mjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Milton Juevos Portimous II
mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
Well, you did say no limit.
Old 06-23-2009, 10:26 AM   #6
TacoTycoon is a splendid one to beholdTacoTycoon is a splendid one to beholdTacoTycoon is a splendid one to beholdTacoTycoon is a splendid one to beholdTacoTycoon is a splendid one to beholdTacoTycoon is a splendid one to beholdTacoTycoon is a splendid one to behold

Name: Justin
TacoTycoon's Tacoma Gallery
if you get the LT kit you will be able to go places the raptor can only dream about
Old 06-23-2009, 10:26 AM   #7
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
You wanna buy a ford???...Have fun with that!
Old 06-23-2009, 10:29 AM   #8

Air Force:
AR_Taco's Tacoma Gallery
I would be happier doing stuff in a truck I built, instead of buying a truck that's already built.
Old 06-23-2009, 10:35 AM   #9
Who makes a good LT kit ?
Old 06-23-2009, 10:40 AM   #11
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandman427 View Post
Are you runnin a a prerunner or 4x4..??
4x4
Old 06-23-2009, 10:41 AM   #12
mjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razorecko View Post
lol, damn some of that ish costs a fortune....i might be better off just doing a toytec and trading in the taco for when the raptor 6.2 comes out
Just did some light reading. Decent truck and really nice engine but the travel numbers are far less than I was expecting.

"Suspension upgrades include new upper and lower A-arms up front, retuned leaf springs in back and a set of race-quality Fox Racing Shox that combine to allow up to 11.2 inches of travel up front and 13.4 inches in back."

That kind of travel is possible on our rigs running Camburg coilovers, Camburg UCAs and Light Racing Jounce Shocks up front, and a set of Deaver leaf packs with appropriate shocks out back.

Regarding full long travel, with my setup I should get about 14.5" up front and about 18" of travel in the rear.

Note that I've owned 7 Fords and daily drive a diesel super duty these days while I'm building the Tacoma. I'm not bashing another brand -- just commenting on the numbers.
Old 06-23-2009, 10:42 AM   #13
will i have to hack fenders w/ an lt kit ?
Old 06-23-2009, 10:42 AM   #14

mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Nope. You'll completely replace them.
Old 06-23-2009, 10:44 AM   #15
KR FAB
sandman427 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandman427 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandman427 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandman427 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandman427 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandman427 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandman427 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandman427 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandman427 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandman427 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandman427 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Amir
sandman427's Tacoma Gallery
Well I know rcd makes a good 4 inch lift.... But if it's travel u want don't get a drop down bracket lift go with 4" spindles and adjustable coilover if u wanna spend the money.... King or fox coilovers are nice.... I just ordered the camburg 4" spindle can't wait to install it....
Old 06-23-2009, 10:47 AM   #16

mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjp2 View Post
Nope. You'll completely replace them.
Picture for reference. These are the Glassworks fenders and bedsides with a spring-under conversion in the rear and mid-travel up front.

Here's a full-droop test fit of the Camburg LT kit I'm in the middle of installing.
Old 06-23-2009, 10:57 AM   #18

mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandman427 View Post
Ay MJ how much did u get those camburg lower controls for...??
The long travel is a full kit that includes what you see here:

Without coilovers the kit retails for around $2900.

http://www.camburg.com/tacomaP05.html

EDIT: The 4x4 axles shown in the above picture are another five or six hundred.
Old 06-23-2009, 10:59 AM   #19
BeachBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeachBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeachBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeachBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeachBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeachBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeachBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeachBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeachBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeachBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeachBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shed
BeachBoy's Tacoma Gallery
for midtravel I'd say icon extended c/o with their billet UCA
rear I'd go cutom deavers if you don't put load or custom alcans if you lan to load, and remote resi shocks.
Old 06-23-2009, 11:19 AM   #20
If u cant stand behind our troops. Stand in front
imsikotic is one of the sharper tools in the shedimsikotic is one of the sharper tools in the shedimsikotic is one of the sharper tools in the shedimsikotic is one of the sharper tools in the shedimsikotic is one of the sharper tools in the shedimsikotic is one of the sharper tools in the shedimsikotic is one of the sharper tools in the shedimsikotic is one of the sharper tools in the shedimsikotic is one of the sharper tools in the shedimsikotic is one of the sharper tools in the shedimsikotic is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: VMFA-314 F/A-18 Fighter Jet Plane Captain and Mech.
Name: Randy
imsikotic's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjp2 View Post
Picture for reference. These are the Glassworks fenders and bedsides with a spring-under conversion in the rear and mid-travel up front.

Here's a full-droop test fit of the Camburg LT kit I'm in the middle of installing.
Im so jealous of you right now. I cant wait to get mine. Camburg is the Shiznit!!!!