Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Ignition starter issue

Old 06-24-2009, 08:03 AM   #1
The H
BringbackSnacks is a splendid one to beholdBringbackSnacks is a splendid one to beholdBringbackSnacks is a splendid one to beholdBringbackSnacks is a splendid one to beholdBringbackSnacks is a splendid one to beholdBringbackSnacks is a splendid one to behold

Marines: Swingin with the Wing
Name: Ryan
BringbackSnacks's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to BringbackSnacks Send a message via Yahoo to BringbackSnacks
Ignition starter issue

I might be incorrectly naming it, but anyone else having an issue when you start your car in the morning, it kinda doesnt kick in all the way for maybe a second? its happened to me 3 times, its a 2009 Access cab, less than 20k miles on it, if you need a better explanation let me know, its 7am and it JUST got to work
Old 06-24-2009, 08:04 AM   #2
Bah Humshit!
brian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Work and Fly on the Four Fans of Freedom
brian's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to brian
Turn your key on for a second before you crank it over. The fuel pump doesn't have enough time to prime the system if you just put the key in and turn.
Old 06-24-2009, 08:10 AM   #3
The H
BringbackSnacks is a splendid one to beholdBringbackSnacks is a splendid one to beholdBringbackSnacks is a splendid one to beholdBringbackSnacks is a splendid one to beholdBringbackSnacks is a splendid one to beholdBringbackSnacks is a splendid one to behold

Send a message via AIM to BringbackSnacks Send a message via Yahoo to BringbackSnacks
ahhhh ok so its not really a problem, its just me putting the key in and attempting to turn the vehicle and hyper speed?
Old 06-24-2009, 08:15 AM   #4
Bah Humshit!
brian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Work and Fly on the Four Fans of Freedom
brian's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to brian
My best guess.... I noticed it for awhile when I developed that habit. Since then I give it a second and haven't noticed it ever again. It makes perfect sense though.
Old 06-24-2009, 08:18 AM   #5
The H

alright as long as nothing is mechanically wrong....its the user not the drug
Old 06-24-2009, 08:23 AM   #6
www.BeLikeBrit.org
fletch aka is one of the sharper tools in the shedfletch aka is one of the sharper tools in the shedfletch aka is one of the sharper tools in the shedfletch aka is one of the sharper tools in the shedfletch aka is one of the sharper tools in the shedfletch aka is one of the sharper tools in the shedfletch aka is one of the sharper tools in the shedfletch aka is one of the sharper tools in the shedfletch aka is one of the sharper tools in the shedfletch aka is one of the sharper tools in the shedfletch aka is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gary
fletch aka's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BringbackSnacks View Post
I might be incorrectly naming it, but anyone else having an issue when you start your car in the morning, it kinda doesnt kick in all the way for maybe a second? its happened to me 3 times, its a 2009 Access cab, less than 20k miles on it, if you need a better explanation let me know, its 7am and it JUST got to work
This has happened to me a dozen times or so, put the key in, turn to start...it kicks over and stalls, never really catches and starts. Now what I have been doing is turning the key to ignition till the first series of idiot lights go out and than start it, no problems yet. It was always after the truck has sat in the sun all day with out being driven, never in the morning on first startup.
Old 06-24-2009, 08:31 AM   #7
Golden Member
Toy Taco has a spectacular aura aboutToy Taco has a spectacular aura aboutToy Taco has a spectacular aura about
Toy Taco's Tacoma Gallery
I have had his problem a few times, mostly in the morning (that's what she said)

It seems to be on rainy mornings after a big temperature and pressure change in the atmosphere. My best guess so far is that the temp and pressure change somehow expand and contract your gas tank and/or fuel lines enough that fuel in pulled out of the lines and takes a second to return on start up. letting the ignition sit on for a sec before cranking over again solves the problem every time...
Old 06-24-2009, 08:33 AM   #8
I miss Lucy. :-(
HerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Computer Tech
Name: John
HerNameIsLucy's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to HerNameIsLucy Send a message via Yahoo to HerNameIsLucy
Chris4x4 answered this a while back, and he was right, the ECU is waiting for ample fuel pressure before it fires the plugs.

Worked for me!
Old 06-24-2009, 10:05 AM   #9
Captain Funk
techgeekwill has a spectacular aura abouttechgeekwill has a spectacular aura about
techgeekwill's Tacoma Gallery
It's happened a few times for me, 5k on it now. It's happened at different times, not just in the morning, but afternoons also.
Old 06-24-2009, 12:36 PM   #10
The H

ill try you guys' suggestions, i would have responded earlier, but now our military computers have been pwnd, we cant go around our proxy to view certain sites anymore )=