Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

bolts holding bed to frame

Old 06-24-2009, 06:42 PM   #1
rdwarrior will become famous soon enoughrdwarrior will become famous soon enough

rdwarrior's Tacoma Gallery
bolts holding bed to frame

Does anyone know what size/type/length of the bolts mounting the truck bed to the frame? Any info would help, thanks.
Old 06-24-2009, 07:04 PM   #2
Banned
Lentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Lentsnh's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdwarrior View Post
Does anyone know what size/type/length of the bolts mounting the truck bed to the frame? Any info would help, thanks.
I think they are 55 (or65) Torx bolts.. Not sure at the length
Old 06-24-2009, 07:30 PM   #3
FLJB will become famous soon enoughFLJB will become famous soon enough

Name: Juan
FLJB's Tacoma Gallery
They are 55 Torx bolts between 6 and 8 inches long. those things are in there tight too. i had to take mine to a tire shop and have them broken loose with an impact wrench to do the D-ring mod to my truck.
Old 06-24-2009, 07:32 PM   #4
Banned
Lentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Lentsnh's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLJB View Post
They are 55 Torx bolts between 6 and 8 inches long. those things are in there tight too. i had to take mine to a tire shop and have them broken loose with an impact wrench to do the D-ring mod to my truck.
impact wrench or a ratchet with a breaker

But yeah they are tough
Old 06-24-2009, 08:09 PM   #5
rdwarrior will become famous soon enoughrdwarrior will become famous soon enough

rdwarrior's Tacoma Gallery
thanks everyone
Old 06-24-2009, 08:25 PM   #6
Kylie's dad
WilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
WilsonTheDog's Tacoma Gallery
And don't strip them. They're $12/each at the dealer.