Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Billet Grill vs Satoshi Grill

Old 06-25-2009, 09:52 AM   #1
greddy09sc is on a distinguished road
greddy09sc's Tacoma Gallery
Billet Grill vs Satoshi Grill

Hi,

I'm currently in the market for a Grill. I've been reading about all the grill forums here for about a month. Question is:

Is the new thing now the Satoshi Grill and the Billet grill is "out of style" now? At first i wanted the billet grill. But after reading and looking at some of the satoshi style grill, i'm leaning more to the satoshi/mesh grill.

Wat is your opinion on your liking?

How much generally does a satoshi grill cost? I see one here on ebay for $160 but sound kinda expensive to me.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/TOYOT...lenotsupported
Old 06-25-2009, 10:30 AM   #2
"Let's Ride!"
Padilla1880 has a brilliant futurePadilla1880 has a brilliant futurePadilla1880 has a brilliant futurePadilla1880 has a brilliant futurePadilla1880 has a brilliant futurePadilla1880 has a brilliant futurePadilla1880 has a brilliant futurePadilla1880 has a brilliant futurePadilla1880 has a brilliant futurePadilla1880 has a brilliant futurePadilla1880 has a brilliant future

Name: Daniel
Padilla1880's Tacoma Gallery
That's not a Satoshi. That's just the Grillecraft mesh grille. The Satoshi sits back deeper into the grille assembly. Most people use the Grillecraft mesh grille to do this mod. The Satoshi is done by YOU! Cost is whatever you pay for your grille and other things needed to make a Satoshi. Just search for a write up on how to do the Satoshi. Heres a link: http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...i-grilles.html

I like the Satoshi best! The mesh girlle would be second. I'm not a big fan of the Billet grille.

That price is pretty good for the Grillecraft mesh grille. Other place's i've seen sell them for around $200.
Old 06-25-2009, 10:56 AM   #4
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
DeeKay21's Tacoma Gallery
I used to have a billet style grill but sold those and got a satoshi. I really liked the deep dish look and you don't see them around to often. Mostly just here on TW. I actually got lucky and found one for sale on TW about a month ago. Only reason I got it was I was the first person to hit him up. But like longbow said, billets aren't out of style, its just what you prefer.
Old 06-25-2009, 10:58 AM   #5
Banned
Lentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Lentsnh's Tacoma Gallery
lifesaflaw123 can make you a Satoshi grille if thats what you are going to go with.

Look on his signature
Old 06-25-2009, 11:28 AM   #6
Betty White Edition Heep ZJ
jonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
jonny's Tacoma Gallery
satoshi for the win

make one!
Old 06-25-2009, 11:34 AM   #7
There's a mod for that!
w8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Albert
w8n4mud's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnysrt2004 View Post
satoshi for the win

make one!
I absolutely love this grill. It looks sharp! A+
Old 06-25-2009, 11:47 AM   #8
jonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jonny's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by w8n4mud View Post
I absolutely love this grill. It looks sharp! A+
thanks man!
Old 06-25-2009, 12:14 PM   #9
greddy09sc is on a distinguished road
greddy09sc's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for your input guys. Looks like the satoshi grill is a lot of work. I don't think I know how to do that. I Probably stick with the mesh grillcraft grill.
Old 06-25-2009, 01:19 PM   #10
65tacodude is one of the sharper tools in the shed65tacodude is one of the sharper tools in the shed65tacodude is one of the sharper tools in the shed65tacodude is one of the sharper tools in the shed65tacodude is one of the sharper tools in the shed65tacodude is one of the sharper tools in the shed65tacodude is one of the sharper tools in the shed65tacodude is one of the sharper tools in the shed65tacodude is one of the sharper tools in the shed65tacodude is one of the sharper tools in the shed65tacodude is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Wade
65tacodude's Tacoma Gallery
jonny, definatly love your truck. Good job! Sharp and clean...tell me, is it single cuz i wanna marry it!
Old 06-25-2009, 01:26 PM   #11
Banned
Lentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Lentsnh's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 65tacodude View Post
jonny, definatly love your truck. Good job! Sharp and clean...tell me, is it single cuz i wanna marry it!
I dont think you can marry it

1. I dont know how that would work. (unless your like that British Bloke that "loves his cars")
and 2. Its a guy truck.....so i dont know
Old 06-25-2009, 01:28 PM   #12

jonny's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
haha thanks man. i will talk to her and see how she feels about it...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lentsnh View Post

1. I dont know how that would work. (unless your like that British Bloke that "loves his cars")
lmao. oh ya...its a dude truck.
Old 06-25-2009, 01:31 PM   #13
Banned
Lentsnh's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnysrt2004 View Post
haha thanks man. i will talk to her and see how she feels about it...

lmao. oh ya...its a dude truck.

Who knows he might like that.... Just playin man

For some reason your sig looks like Screamer at first glance.

Dont ask why.
Old 06-25-2009, 01:32 PM   #14
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
DeeKay21's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by greddy09sc View Post
Thanks for your input guys. Looks like the satoshi grill is a lot of work. I don't think I know how to do that. I Probably stick with the mesh grillcraft grill.
Yeah thats still a nice looking grill!! Good choice!
Old 06-25-2009, 01:42 PM   #15
65tacodude is one of the sharper tools in the shed65tacodude is one of the sharper tools in the shed65tacodude is one of the sharper tools in the shed65tacodude is one of the sharper tools in the shed65tacodude is one of the sharper tools in the shed65tacodude is one of the sharper tools in the shed65tacodude is one of the sharper tools in the shed65tacodude is one of the sharper tools in the shed65tacodude is one of the sharper tools in the shed65tacodude is one of the sharper tools in the shed65tacodude is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:

HA you saw that sick sh!t too!!!! Now that is a crazy ass SOB. I mean seriously, making out with his car... WTF
Old 06-25-2009, 01:45 PM   #16

I felt sick just watching it...then proceeded to beatbox like you couldnt believe...WHAT!!!!haha
Old 06-25-2009, 01:48 PM   #17

jonny's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Who knows he might like that.... Just playin man

For some reason your sig looks like Screamer at first glance.

Dont ask why.
lol i wasn't gonna at first...but i have no idea who screamer is...
Old 06-25-2009, 01:48 PM   #18
Banned
Lentsnh's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
HA you saw that sick sh!t too!!!! Now that is a crazy ass SOB. I mean seriously, making out with his car... WTF
Quote:
I felt sick just watching it...then proceeded to beatbox like you couldnt believe...WHAT!!!!haha

Good thing that was OVER THERE.
Old 06-25-2009, 01:49 PM   #19

sick ass lymie bastards
Old 06-25-2009, 01:50 PM   #20
Banned
Lentsnh's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
sick ass lymie bastards
Did you see what he does to the tail---- Whoa!.......