1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

I need help with my lift on my truck.

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by TACOmaBELL, Jun 27, 2009.

1. Jun 27, 2009 at 12:24 PM
    TACOmaBELL

TACOmaBELL [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Northern Georgia
    Vehicle:
    05 4x4 V6 Black DBL. Cab
    I was going to get the ultimate lift kit for 2005 - 09 tacoma but then i didnt want to just stop at 3 inches. i wanted to go maybe to 4 inches. im putting 5000 bucks into the truck. but then its not all going towards the suspension. i still have to buy some bfg a/t's. help?

2. Jun 27, 2009 at 12:26 PM
    Krazie Sj

Krazie Sj Resident Jackass

Member:
    First Name:
    Power Serge
    LV-426 (Acheron)
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Off Road 4x4
    Borla Catback Exhaust, Snorkel, 33s on either 16's or 18's, ARB Bumper, All Pro LT w/Walker Evan Shocks front and back, All Pro expedition leaf pack, 10,000lb Superwinch, Intake Manifold Spacer, Bed Rack with ARB RTT, Rotopack and Hi Lift mounted, Husky Liner mats and an air freshener from 1995.
    You're 16. Where the fuck are you getting 5Gs from? Jesus, when I was 16 $100 was a fortune!

Why do you need more than a 3" lift? Do you even know what you want to do with the truck?

3. Jun 27, 2009 at 12:30 PM
    TACOmaBELL

Member:
    Northern Georgia
    Vehicle:
    05 4x4 V6 Black DBL. Cab
    hahaha great to see you again
    and ive been wanting a tacoma since i was like in 7 grade so i got out and got a job. i worked for my dad and he paid me like 10 bucks an hour. and im not a spoiled little kid that mommy and daddy buys everything for. i make my money, and i spend it as carefully as possible. if i was spoiled. i would just get the 6 inch fabtech lift and try putting it onto my truck with a hammer and a few nails, break, it, then buy it again, and go to a mechanic to do it. but im not. and im gonna go on some serious trails with my buddy, he took me and he had a 2.5 inch lift and he got stuck in this one hole and it sucked!

4. Jun 27, 2009 at 12:35 PM
    Zombie Runner

Zombie Runner Are these black helicopters for me?

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    Wichita Falls, TX
    Vehicle:
    2011 taco, sport 4x4
    oil change...
    for a 4 inch lift you will need new spindles. they are like 900 bucks. thats just for the spindle and you wont get any diferent ride, youll just be taller...or you could add some really nice coilovers and some new upper control arms and your ride would be greatly improved!

5. Jun 27, 2009 at 12:35 PM
    Krazie Sj

Krazie Sj Resident Jackass

Member:
    First Name:
    Power Serge
    LV-426 (Acheron)
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Off Road 4x4
    Borla Catback Exhaust, Snorkel, 33s on either 16's or 18's, ARB Bumper, All Pro LT w/Walker Evan Shocks front and back, All Pro expedition leaf pack, 10,000lb Superwinch, Intake Manifold Spacer, Bed Rack with ARB RTT, Rotopack and Hi Lift mounted, Husky Liner mats and an air freshener from 1995.
    Good to hear.:woot:

Why did he get stuck? I doubt height of his lift was the problem. More likely it was lack of wheeling experience and or tires. Your truck is only as good as the rubber it sits on. You can jack your truck up a mile high, but if it's on trolley wheels you aren't clearing a goddamn pebble. AT's are good, but if you're going into a mud hole you're going to get some nice jelly donuts going on cause those tires will gum up with mud. Remember that they're called all terrains for a reason.

Now height. If you have 5Gs I'd go long travel. I mean fuck it, if you're going to do something, do it right. Don't fuck around with something you're going to change in 3 years anyways. If I mod something, I do it right the first time with parts that will outlast the original component.

6. Jun 27, 2009 at 12:37 PM
    TACOmaBELL

Member:
    Northern Georgia
    Vehicle:
    05 4x4 V6 Black DBL. Cab
    so tell me how to do it right please
    i wont go offroading or udding every single day
    ill do it once in a while and im kinda lifting it for looks too. :eek:

7. Jun 27, 2009 at 12:42 PM
    TACOmaBELL

Member:
    Northern Georgia
    Vehicle:
    05 4x4 V6 Black DBL. Cab
    i was thinking bilie 5100's in the front and put those to like 2.5 inches and put an AAL in the back and put that to 1.5 inches and i was going to put a body lift over that. like a 1.5 inch body. or should i do suspension? you guys at pros at this, im still a novice with trucks.

8. Jun 27, 2009 at 12:44 PM
    KeithB

KeithB Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Keith
    Cheshire, CT
    Vehicle:
    SWB '09 Tacoma DCSB Sport 4x4
    Wheels and Tires: 17x8" Ultra Goliath wheels with P285/70R17 Falken Wildpeak AT3/W tires, Suspension: Fox coilovers set at 2", TC UCA's, 1.5" lift 3 leaf pack with overload left in Other: TRD SS exhaust, Pioneer AVIC 4100 H/U with Android Auto (awesomeness), sat radio bluetooth, Accessories: Toyota roof rack, black Toyota running board steps, cargo divider, weathertech floor liners, Literider roll up soft tonneau, thule bars over tonneau, USB ports front and rear, seat heaters, birddawg mirror riser Cosmetic: window tint, grillcraft black mesh upper/lower grill, vinyl armrest in doors, Clazzio black seat covers with blue stitch, Redline steering wheel wrap Lighting: fogs only mod, back up lights, amber interior accent lighting, amber 10" LED light bar in hood scoop, 33" LED bar behind the lower grill, amber lamin-x on fog lights, Tacomabeast headlights and matching tails.
    3" is the max you can go without toasting your CV's every month. Actually 2.5" is the recommended max. Unless you drop the diff with a drop bracket lift or add a body lift. Still, height is not everything. If you have the TRD off road you're in better shape cause you have the rear locker but the TRD sport doesn't have the locker. The locker is like 4wd on top of 4wd. It will get you through alot more than just a lift or tires for that matter. Also, I'd get some sliders and some skids/belly armor if you're gonna be on rocks. Of course then there LT if you're wanting to go fast but I don't think there' much desert racing in Georga. I'm guessing mud and rocks.

9. Jun 27, 2009 at 12:45 PM
    Zombie Runner

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    Wichita Falls, TX
    Vehicle:
    2011 taco, sport 4x4
    oil change...
    dont do a body lift!!!!

10. Jun 27, 2009 at 12:47 PM
    TACOmaBELL

Member:
    Northern Georgia
    Vehicle:
    05 4x4 V6 Black DBL. Cab
    yeah, mud and rocks. a few creeks here and there. and i go hunting once in a while. and i have the trd offroad kit. you know what, i saw someone with just three inches on his tacoma and i thought it looked fine
    im probably going to do that. ultimate toytec lift. sound good?

11. Jun 27, 2009 at 12:49 PM
    Zombie Runner

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    Wichita Falls, TX
    Vehicle:
    2011 taco, sport 4x4
    oil change...
  12. Jun 27, 2009 at 12:52 PM
    TACOmaBELL

Member:
    Northern Georgia
    Vehicle:
    05 4x4 V6 Black DBL. Cab
    to tell you the truth
    ive never done a group buy before
    and i have no idea on how it works. :p

13. Jun 27, 2009 at 12:59 PM
    Zombie Runner

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    Wichita Falls, TX
    Vehicle:
    2011 taco, sport 4x4
    oil change...
    just read the thread and it should have all the info you need. just copy the list of names everyone and what they are getting...add your name to the bottom of the list of what you want and the person running the GB should help you with the rest.

14. Jun 27, 2009 at 1:16 PM
    TACOmaBELL

Member:
    Northern Georgia
    Vehicle:
    05 4x4 V6 Black DBL. Cab
    can someone post up a pic of a truck a 3 inch lift?
    i would like to see a different one this time

15. Jun 27, 2009 at 1:54 PM
    brian

brian Another Traitor

Member:
    Elizabeth City, NC
    Vehicle:
    2017 F-250 Powerstroke
    FYI, spindles are for 2WD only. He has a 4wd.

Heres mine with a 3" spacer lift/level

[​IMG]

Next to the F-150's for a height comparison
    [​IMG]

Products Discussed in

To Top