1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Factory alignment was incorrect

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by AZM9, Jun 27, 2009.

1. Jun 27, 2009 at 8:56 PM
    AZM9

AZM9 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jay
    Chandler, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2009 Prerunner TRD Sport
    ARE tonneau cover, Redline hood struts, Leaf TSB, and Trans TSB, Satoshi grille.
    Just FYI for any of you that have Prerunners. I have 5000 miles on my truck now and last week I took it in to the dealership for th 5000 mile service and that included a tire rotation. Well when I drove the truck on the freeway and hit 65 to 75 mph the steering would vibrate not to mention it felt loose, so when I took it back yesterday to replace the JBL amp that I had an issue with I told them to fix the vibration problem as well. They informed me that the rear tires which had previously been on the front were feathered and that they were going to do a four wheel alignment. Needless to say the computer said the front was off by .36 which was the factory settings and that it should be correct now. I took the truck and got on the freeway and noticed right away that the problem was not only fixed but now whenever I hit a pot hole or a rut in the road it stays perfectly straight without having to fight it at all. I had this problem from day one and didn't even know it was a problem. All of you might check this especially on your brand new Tacoma's.

2. Jun 27, 2009 at 11:02 PM
    chris4x4

chris4x4 With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    FlimFlubberJAM
    Tenoe, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2019 Rubicon 4 Door,
    4.10 gears, sliders, and lots of buttons.
    Good to know.

3. Jun 28, 2009 at 4:28 AM
    thomasr1950

thomasr1950 19 Tacoma TRD Off Road

Member:
    central us
    Vehicle:
    19 Tacoma TRD Off Road
    I had the same issue. Dealer did an alignment, problem fixed.

4. Jun 28, 2009 at 4:57 AM
    jandrews

jandrews Hootin' and Hollerin'

Member:
    Vehicle:
    '09 FourDubDee TRD OR
    A-TRUCK, Fat Kid in the Bed, Custom Pinstriping, Ported and Polished Muffler Bearing, Hi-Performance Bed Mat
    Just had my 09 in at the dealer for the rear leaf TSB, which includes an alignment. According to the printout I received with my work order receipt, the toe-in was off. I had about 750 miles on the truck at this point, bought new with only test drive miles on it...

I had made a thread on here asking about normal Tacoma toe-in because it had looked a bit off.

Who'da thunk?

Apparently an alignment check isn't part of that 150 point inspection dealers like to gouge you with.

5. Jun 28, 2009 at 5:12 AM
    uood8

uood8 If You Search...You Shall Find.

Member:
    Greensboro, NC
    Vehicle:
    '16 Sr5 4x4 DCSB
    Pretty much stock
    i think there is an alignment tsb for the 09's...i remember my service advisor mentioning something about it when i took it in for the radio replacement.

Products Discussed in

To Top