1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

TruXedo LoPro vs. Access Lorado

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by scienceguy, Jun 28, 2009.

?

TruXedo LoPro or Access Lorado?

Poll closed Jul 28, 2009.
  1. TruXedo LoPro

1 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. Access Lorado

2 vote(s)
    66.7%
  3. Get another brand!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Nov 5, 2009 at 2:17 PM
    amati5

amati5 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prerunner TRD
    I installed the Trux Lopro . The Trux' tracks, depends on how you install it, sits about 1/2 to 3/4 an inch above the cleats so they do limit somewhat of the space for you to put your thump in between to turn the knobs. Another compromise is you can't remove the cleats off without removing the Trux' tracks but, this way, no one can steal your cleats.

2. Nov 5, 2009 at 2:46 PM
    Kartner

Kartner New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Karl
    Ontario, Canada
    Vehicle:
    '09 DC TRD Blue
    I've looked a little closer at the installation instructions on the Truxedo website, and you can use the cleats, you just can't get them on and off with the cover installed. You can loosen them and slide them up and down in between the mounting brackets, but that's about it I think. The rails that tonneau sits on block the cleat from rotating 90 degrees to remove it.

The quick way to remove a cleat that I do all the time is to: (reverse order to put it on)
    1. Loosen the knob completely
    2. Push the knob toward the track and pull the cleat away from the track at the same time
    3. Rotate the cleat 90 degrees
    4. Remove from track

That way you don't have to slide it out of an end of the track to get it on/off. In any case, I think the truxedo prevents this unless you make some cut-outs in the rails that the cover rests on for the cleats to turn in. However, gotta watch that it's not in a spot where the braces in the cover rest when it's unrolled.

I'm going to get a lo pro and see how that goes. I'll let people know what I come up with.

Cheers,
    -Karl

3. Nov 5, 2009 at 5:06 PM
    MattN03

MattN03 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Bluegrass State
    Vehicle:
    SOLD: 07 DC 4x4 TRD Off-Road
    20% window tint, beep mod, hardwired V1, TSB springs, AVS Bugshield-21803, USA Spec PA15, OEM Tacoma scuff plates, Weathertech mats, Truxedo LoPro, TRD skid, GY Duratrac's 265/75/16 C Range, locker mod (switch method)
    Do you have any pics of it installed and how it fit?

4. Nov 5, 2009 at 5:14 PM
    amati5

amati5 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prerunner TRD
    No but I'll try to take some pics.

5. Nov 6, 2009 at 11:47 AM
    amati5

amati5 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prerunner TRD
    Here are some Pics:

sideview.jpg
    cleats.jpg
    rearview closed gate.jpg
    rolledup open gate.jpg
    rolledup side view.jpg

6. Nov 6, 2009 at 5:17 PM
    MattN03

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Bluegrass State
    Vehicle:
    20% window tint, beep mod, hardwired V1, TSB springs, AVS Bugshield-21803, USA Spec PA15, OEM Tacoma scuff plates, Weathertech mats, Truxedo LoPro, TRD skid, GY Duratrac's 265/75/16 C Range, locker mod (switch method)
    Thanks! It looks good. So the bed cleats still can be moved between the bedcover mounting brackets? Does water sit on the bedcover or does it drain off when it rains? It looks so flat compared to my old trucks bedcover with bows across the bed for support.

7. Nov 6, 2009 at 5:25 PM
    amati5

amati5 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prerunner TRD
    Yes, you can move the cleats between the brackets. Haven't seen the rain yet but don't remember seeing rain water on the Trux of my old Titan. I am sure if the car parked flat, there will be at least some water on it until driven away. It still have 2 (I think) bow supports underneath the cover but it's so tight you can't see them. I did put a coat of 303 protectant on it right away so it looks nice and shiny.

8. Apr 1, 2011 at 11:56 AM
    amati5

amati5 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prerunner TRD
    Sorry for the late reply. Now that you mentioned it, it explains why I saw the rear end a little short but had no time to investigate. From my memory, it's just the installation. I could loosen up the clams and move the whole thing back and it should be perfect. It was one of those installations that you had to put it on and adjust but I was in a hurry during the installation.

9. Feb 15, 2012 at 5:22 PM
    larboleda

larboleda Member

Member:
    Ventura County, CA
    Vehicle:
    10 PreRunner TRD Sport
    After back and forth with the Access Lorado and Truxedo LoPro, I opted for the Truxedo (got deal from Luke at Truck Alterations)...

One thing i noticed, is that there is definitely a sizeable gap between the rear of the cover/above the tailgate. I tried pushing down the rails, but still a significant gap.

Anyone have ideas or what they did to solve?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. Feb 15, 2012 at 6:00 PM
    MattN03

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Bluegrass State
    Vehicle:
    Mine has a black flap that fills the gap between the cover & the tailgate. Could you be missing a part? I can't tell from the pics.

11. Feb 15, 2012 at 6:20 PM
    firefighteru7

firefighteru7 Active Member

Member:
    Naples, FL
    TRD off-road
    i had a truxedo lo pro before my hardtop, was water tight, easy to open & close, worked awesome, is the best...

12. Feb 16, 2012 at 9:07 AM
    amati5

amati5 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prerunner TRD
    I think because of the utility rails and the cleats that come with the Tacoma, the Trux's rails had to be angled up higher than the bed for clearance. From your picture, it looks normal like mine, as long as your has the flap to cover the gap. I think the non-Lo Pro is even higher.

I still haven't got time to check mine but anyone recently installed the Trux and have the cover goes all the back to meet the gate, not "short" like mine?

13. Feb 16, 2012 at 11:39 PM
    larboleda

larboleda Member

Member:
    Ventura County, CA
    Vehicle:
    10 PreRunner TRD Sport
    Yes, it has the flap in the back...so it's sealed. I was definitely bummed as the sides fit/look nice and flush; I would have thought that the lip above the tail gate should fit as well

14. Feb 27, 2012 at 7:56 PM
    gusher

gusher SUPERCHARGED!!!

Member:
    First Name:
    Greg
    Hudson NH
    Vehicle:
    08 Tacoma Double Cab 4x4 long bed, TRD Sport
    '08 Indigo Double Cab TRD Sport 4x4 Long Bed, Grillcraft grill, Pioneer AVH-P3200BT head unit, XM receiver, Boyo backup camera, Custom devil horns Toyota logo, Black headlight mod, Fog lights on anytime mod, Maglight mount, Weathertech floor liners, Debadged, Trex color-matched eyelids, Access tonneau cover, Toyota bed divider, Sno-way 7'4" snow plow, Auxiliary backup lights, Rear spring TSB, Removed front mud flaps, 2.5" Hell Bent Steel front lift, 285/70-17 Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs, Satin black MB TKO wheels, Black Go Rhino Dominator II nerf steps, custom HomeLink install, CompuStar remote starter, Redline Tuning QuickLift Elite hood struts, Toyota bed mat, Custom short Taco antenna, TRD cold air intake, TRD exhaust, TRD supercharger
    Cover looks very nice. I am considering this cover as a replacement for an Access cover that I bought used on Craigslist when I first bought my Tacoma.
    I don't really like the adjustment system for the Access cover and like the idea of a self-adjusting system. How is that working for you? Also, I am wondering if you can use your bed rail system? I use my cleats and also use a bed divider. Thanks man...

15. Feb 28, 2012 at 11:17 AM
    larboleda

larboleda Member

Member:
    Ventura County, CA
    Vehicle:
    10 PreRunner TRD Sport
    Thanks!

I do like it a lot...As for an adjustment system, you still have the ability to adjust the tension of the top, but unlike some of the higher end access ones, you have to use a flat screwdriver to adjust (Vs knob system). Regarding cleats, while they're still there, unfortunately it sits so low tucked under the rail, that I think I only have about 1/4" left. The only way that I'd find them usable is if I were to get the nylon of a strap through, and tied the hook to it.

Let me know if that makes sense, I can try to take pics later.

16. Feb 28, 2012 at 1:05 PM
    amati5

amati5 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prerunner TRD
    The 5 yrs I had it on my Titan and 2 yrs on my Tacoma, I never had to touch the adjuster. May be CA weather doesn't change that much.

Products Discussed in

To Top