Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

TruXedo LoPro vs. Access Lorado

View Poll Results: TruXedo LoPro or Access Lorado?
TruXedo LoPro 1 33.33%
Access Lorado 2 66.67%
Get another brand! 0 0%
Voters: 3. You may not vote on this poll

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-28-2009, 05:53 PM   #1
scienceguy is on a distinguished road
scienceguy's Tacoma Gallery
Arrow TruXedo LoPro vs. Access Lorado

Howdy!

I am looking at putting one of these covers on my 09 DC Short Bed. I think there are pros and cons to each and I could use some help making my decision. Here's how I feel about each so far...

The TruXedo Lo Pro's benefits are the lifetime warranty and the automatic tension adjustment. One downside that I've heard with Tacomas is that once installed, you lose some function of the sliding rails on the inside of the box.

This is where I've been told the Access Lorado works well with Tacomas. Once installed, the sliding rails still have full function. However, I don't believe the Lorado has a lifetime warranty or automatic tension adjustment.

For those of you that have either of these covers, please let me know what you do or don't like about them.

If you don't have one, but could share some knowledge on the subject, please do!
Old 06-28-2009, 06:08 PM   #2
BIG DADDY
brutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

brutalguyracing's Tacoma Gallery
truxedo

truxedo i have had one for 3 years on a nissan frontier worked amazing.....sumer winter never had to adjust it
Old 08-06-2009, 03:49 PM   #3
shaX 07 is on a distinguished road
Army: SPC, 378th MCD, Portsmouth, NH
shaX 07's Tacoma Gallery
I'm currently having the same debate between these 2 covers... we need more input!!!!!
Old 08-06-2009, 04:03 PM   #4
Bah Humshit!
brian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Work and Fly on the Four Fans of Freedom
brian's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to brian
Advantage Accessories. Locks in to factory bedrails in about 2 minutes. Less time after initial install. Its tri-folding and hard shell vinyl covered. Removable in about 30 seconds. Seals up rather nicely. Retain use of factory bedrails still.
Old 08-07-2009, 03:32 AM   #5
silver6 is on a distinguished road
silver6's Tacoma Gallery
Love me some truxedo! Had one on my chevy hd and loved it too!
Old 09-26-2009, 05:42 AM   #6
MattN03 is a jewel in the roughMattN03 is a jewel in the roughMattN03 is a jewel in the roughMattN03 is a jewel in the rough

Name: Matt
MattN03's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaX 07 View Post
I'm currently having the same debate between these 2 covers... we need more input!!!!!
x2. We need some more pics of each installed and pros/cons of each.
Old 09-26-2009, 10:33 AM   #7
j1999t is one of the sharper tools in the shedj1999t is one of the sharper tools in the shedj1999t is one of the sharper tools in the shedj1999t is one of the sharper tools in the shedj1999t is one of the sharper tools in the shedj1999t is one of the sharper tools in the shedj1999t is one of the sharper tools in the shedj1999t is one of the sharper tools in the shedj1999t is one of the sharper tools in the shedj1999t is one of the sharper tools in the shedj1999t is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Justin
j1999t's Tacoma Gallery
love my truxedo, ill take a picture today and upload it
Old 10-21-2009, 03:03 PM   #8
savit260 is on a distinguished road
savit260's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by j1999t View Post
love my truxedo, ill take a picture today and upload it

I'm also interested in the Truxedo. I'm seeing conflicting results after a search about the bed rail cleats. Is there enough clearance to use the factory sliding cleats or no with the Truxedo Lo Pro? Are there any other issues with the bed rail system and the Truxedo?
Old 10-21-2009, 03:11 PM   #9
wilsonpj is a jewel in the roughwilsonpj is a jewel in the roughwilsonpj is a jewel in the rough
Name: Pete
wilsonpj's Tacoma Gallery
Advance Cover
http://www.advancecover.com/
http://www.kcovers.com/ can buy here

Awesome 4 fold, super easy to install especially the new model, I have the older one. Easy to take off, keep the use of the rails. Fold either way and locks on both sides.

I have had about 10 people offer to buy mine off of me on the street when they saw it function.
Old 10-26-2009, 02:20 PM   #10
amati5 is on a distinguished road
amati5's Tacoma Gallery
Based on the reviews for the Truxedo LoPro from http://www.autoanything.com/tonneau-...customerReview it should work with the factory rails/cleats. Here is the instruction from Truxedo, looks like it uses the factory rails to hold the tracks.

http://www.truxedo.com/pdf/1117391-t...spclinstrs.pdf
Old 10-26-2009, 02:58 PM   #11
Thanks. Ended up going with the Truxedo, and the factory cleats are still usable.
Old 10-26-2009, 08:09 PM   #12
tacomiker is on a distinguished road
Name: Mike
tacomiker's Tacoma Gallery
I have had the truxedo on three different tacomas and think they are the best out there.Lifetime warranty and have had no problems,
Old 10-26-2009, 08:59 PM   #13
altarossco will become famous soon enough

altarossco's Tacoma Gallery
I looked at and researched everything out there. I ended up with G2 Bakflip. It was between this & slider type. I love the Bakflip because it is very flush.

GOOD LUCK

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/att...3&d=1256612245
Attached Thumbnails
TruXedo LoPro vs. Access Lorado-dscn0422.jpg  
Old 10-27-2009, 10:08 AM   #14
amati5's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomiker View Post
I have had the truxedo on three different tacomas and think they are the best out there.Lifetime warranty and have had no problems,
Had it on my previous Titan too, flawless design. We took it to Grand Cyn in the storm and the bed was full of stuff, not a single drop of water got in.
Old 10-27-2009, 10:31 AM   #15
East Bound and Down
Dark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff
Dark Knight's Tacoma Gallery
Both the Truxedo lo-pro and the Access Lorado are very nice covers that will give you great protection and use for years on end. I highly doubt you will be able to use the tie-down cleats with the lo-pro, the top just simply sits to low for clearance with the factory cleats. If you got the mini cleats it may work fine. Those above instal instructions are "in general" for installing a truxedo cover, it does not say Lo-Pro specific (that I could see atleast)
Old 10-27-2009, 10:54 AM   #16
amati5's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Knight View Post
Both the Truxedo lo-pro and the Access Lorado are very nice covers that will give you great protection and use for years on end. I highly doubt you will be able to use the tie-down cleats with the lo-pro, the top just simply sits to low for clearance with the factory cleats. If you got the mini cleats it may work fine. Those above instal instructions are "in general" for installing a truxedo cover, it does not say Lo-Pro specific (that I could see atleast)
Based on my previous LoPro, the cover sits almost an inch above the bed but it looks low because of the angle. The cleats are parallel to the bed and I think lower than the bed top so I can't imagine they even touch each other. But I'll post when I get it. Someone has picure of the installed LoPro ?
Old 10-27-2009, 02:33 PM   #17
The factory cleats fit below the mounting rails, and between the brackets that the rails mount to. They have enough clearance to slide back and forth, but can't slide past the mounting brackets. I have one cleat between each bracket, so I pretty much have most of the length of the bed covered if I need to slide the cleats forward or back. A bit of a comprimise, but it should work just fine.
Old 10-27-2009, 04:39 PM   #18
amati5's Tacoma Gallery
That's exactly what I thought based on the instruction above.
Old 10-28-2009, 08:09 AM   #19
Kartner is on a distinguished road
Name: Karl
Kartner's Tacoma Gallery
I'm in the same boat here looking at the Truxedo lo pro. It's great to know that the cleats will still work with the brackets installed, but I'm wondering if anyone has any pictures of this at all? I'd just like to get an impression of how it's going to look and work.

Thanks!
Old 11-05-2009, 11:48 AM   #20
East Bound and Down
Dark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff
Dark Knight's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Knight View Post
I was wrong! the LoPro does work with the tie-downs, you just loose a little of the mobility of them sliding up and down the track rail.

Products Discussed in this Thread