LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

09 Always-On Rear View Camera

Old 06-28-2009, 08:26 PM   #21
XB81 is one of the sharper tools in the shedXB81 is one of the sharper tools in the shedXB81 is one of the sharper tools in the shedXB81 is one of the sharper tools in the shedXB81 is one of the sharper tools in the shedXB81 is one of the sharper tools in the shedXB81 is one of the sharper tools in the shedXB81 is one of the sharper tools in the shedXB81 is one of the sharper tools in the shedXB81 is one of the sharper tools in the shedXB81 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Paul
XB81's Tacoma Gallery
Awesome Mod! Adding to list of possible future mods for my 09 Taco.
Old 06-28-2009, 09:20 PM   #23
stormyday is on a distinguished road

stormyday's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to stormyday Send a message via Yahoo to stormyday Send a message via Skype™ to stormyday
This will be my next mod once I do my LED bed lights.
Old 06-29-2009, 07:29 AM   #25
BeachBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeachBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeachBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeachBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeachBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeachBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeachBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeachBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeachBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeachBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeachBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shed
BeachBoy's Tacoma Gallery
neat install. I have my switch in the dash. use it quite often
Old 06-29-2009, 07:45 AM   #27
geolink is a glorious beacon of lightgeolink is a glorious beacon of lightgeolink is a glorious beacon of lightgeolink is a glorious beacon of lightgeolink is a glorious beacon of lightgeolink is a glorious beacon of light

geolink's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for sharing this mod. I have thought about this (full time on) possiblilty ever since I saw the screen in the mirror!
Old 06-29-2009, 06:12 PM   #28
Aalders has much to be proud ofAalders has much to be proud ofAalders has much to be proud ofAalders has much to be proud ofAalders has much to be proud ofAalders has much to be proud ofAalders has much to be proud ofAalders has much to be proud ofAalders has much to be proud of

Air Force: Electronic warfare tech
Name: Logan
Aalders's Tacoma Gallery
today i was trying out my new mod and after 5 min my camera indeed turned off.. but a simple flip of the switch and it was back on... for another 5 min..
Old 06-29-2009, 07:05 PM   #29
geolink is a glorious beacon of lightgeolink is a glorious beacon of lightgeolink is a glorious beacon of lightgeolink is a glorious beacon of lightgeolink is a glorious beacon of lightgeolink is a glorious beacon of light

geolink's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aalders View Post
today i was trying out my new mod and after 5 min my camera indeed turned off.. but a simple flip of the switch and it was back on... for another 5 min..
Thinking/reaching outside the box with this mod? Maybe some electronic breaker (??) steps in to save the screen/mirror???

My test would then be to leave in reverse for an extended period of time to see if it can handle that action....
Wow, Science Fair 507!
Old 06-29-2009, 07:10 PM   #31
Im kinda a big deal
JHAirForce05 is a glorious beacon of lightJHAirForce05 is a glorious beacon of lightJHAirForce05 is a glorious beacon of lightJHAirForce05 is a glorious beacon of lightJHAirForce05 is a glorious beacon of light

Air Force: 2T251*Air Transportation*437th APS
Name: Justin
JHAirForce05's Tacoma Gallery
great write up! i will have to do this when i get some time
Old 06-29-2009, 07:15 PM   #33

geolink's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aalders View Post
it is prob a feature built into the mirror itself. likely there is nothing you can do about it.
Compared to robust dedicated rear view cameras/screens, I would agree this hardware is not made for full time action.
Old 07-20-2009, 04:45 PM   #34
bebopblues has a spectacular aura aboutbebopblues has a spectacular aura about

bebopblues's Tacoma Gallery
I was just thinking the other day about how cool it would be to be able to turn the camera ON at any time. I will definitely do this mod. Thanks for the writeup, pics, and video.
Old 07-21-2009, 07:05 AM   #35
bass turds
Veccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
Veccster's Tacoma Gallery
I am putting this on the list! Thanks for the write-up.

I have a small trailer that I was trying to back into a tight spot yesterday to unload it. I had to back down a long gravel road and the trailer was so small that I kept needing to put it back in drive to correct it's position. The camera was great when backing up but I couldn't see it when I was correcting it's position. This would be a great time to use the camera.

The RV mirror sucks to use in the DC. I would LOVE to have a camera letting me see better back there. Thanks again - rep to you for ingenuity!
Old 07-21-2009, 08:53 AM   #36
mmmm tacos!
nad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jordan
nad's Tacoma Gallery
is there anyway to install one of these mirrors in my 05?
Old 07-21-2009, 09:18 AM   #37
gonzo6up has a spectacular aura aboutgonzo6up has a spectacular aura about

gonzo6up's Tacoma Gallery
yep! I'll be doing this one soon. Great write up man
Old 07-21-2009, 09:27 AM   #38
bass turds
Veccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
Veccster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nad View Post
is there anyway to install one of these mirrors in my 05?
I've seen back-up cameras at Advance Auto for under $100. Installation can't be too difficult - unless you added the Homelink mirror.

Would be easier to install a small screen or have it linked to an aftermarket radio with as screen.
Old 07-21-2009, 09:38 AM   #39
mmmm tacos!
nad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jordan
nad's Tacoma Gallery
yeah i was thinking that, cause i do have a 7" dvd deck
Old 08-02-2009, 05:12 PM   #40
What's all this, then?
atebit will become famous soon enoughatebit will become famous soon enough

Army: Defend and Serve
atebit's Tacoma Gallery
Can anyone suggest where I can tap into the video signal from the 09 backup camera? I will be installing a nav HU in my truck soon which can accept a composite video signal from a backup camera. I'd rather use the built in camera if possible, rather than having to install another one

Products Discussed in this Thread