LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

09 Always-On Rear View Camera

Old 05-20-2010, 02:23 PM   #101
Aalders has much to be proud ofAalders has much to be proud ofAalders has much to be proud ofAalders has much to be proud ofAalders has much to be proud ofAalders has much to be proud ofAalders has much to be proud ofAalders has much to be proud ofAalders has much to be proud of

Air Force: Electronic warfare tech
Name: Logan
Aalders's Tacoma Gallery
that switch is the right one. "12v lead" is the wire to the mirror and the two "on" labeled posts are the 12v from the reverse and the 12v from the jumper your installing.
Old 07-23-2010, 04:15 PM   #102
derekAV is a splendid one to beholdderekAV is a splendid one to beholdderekAV is a splendid one to beholdderekAV is a splendid one to beholdderekAV is a splendid one to beholdderekAV is a splendid one to beholdderekAV is a splendid one to beholdderekAV is a splendid one to behold

Name: derek
derekAV's Tacoma Gallery
damn it! not working, check engine light is on, traction control light is on...
Old 07-23-2010, 04:32 PM   #104
derekAV is a splendid one to beholdderekAV is a splendid one to beholdderekAV is a splendid one to beholdderekAV is a splendid one to beholdderekAV is a splendid one to beholdderekAV is a splendid one to beholdderekAV is a splendid one to beholdderekAV is a splendid one to behold

derekAV's Tacoma Gallery
i thought so too, but i checked it multiple times..i took it all off and the lights are still on..
Old 07-23-2010, 04:55 PM   #106
black_magic2010 is on a distinguished road

Army: 644th Transcompany/1st I.D.
black_magic2010's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by derekAV View Post
i thought so too, but i checked it multiple times..i took it all off and the lights are still on..
Yup buddy happened to me also when I completed this mod. Just make sure you have everything wired up correctly. Once you've finnished with the mod just disconnect your battery for a few mintues and reconnect. That will fix the problem. EXACT SAME THING HAPPENED TO ME
Old 07-23-2010, 05:31 PM   #107

derekAV's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by black_magic2010 View Post
Yup buddy happened to me also when I completed this mod. Just make sure you have everything wired up correctly. Once you've finnished with the mod just disconnect your battery for a few mintues and reconnect. That will fix the problem. EXACT SAME THING HAPPENED TO ME
the lights did go off!..but i still cant seem to get the switch to work..oh well im over it haahahaha
Old 08-09-2010, 04:22 PM   #108
BlackRig has a spectacular aura aboutBlackRig has a spectacular aura about

Name: Craig
BlackRig's Tacoma Gallery
In this mod does anyone know where those wires lead to? I want to do this also but don't want to have the switch on the mirror. I'd like to put it near the rest of the switches. I think I read somewhere that the wire ended up near the fuse panel behind the cubby but I can't find the thread to verify.
Old 08-09-2010, 05:11 PM   #109
Rand Paul 2016
Chad is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chad
Chad's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackRig View Post
In this mod does anyone know where those wires lead to? I want to do this also but don't want to have the switch on the mirror. I'd like to put it near the rest of the switches. I think I read somewhere that the wire ended up near the fuse panel behind the cubby but I can't find the thread to verify.
You could just run extender wires down there. It's not that difficult to stuff the wires into the gap between the headliner and the roof, I have a bluetooth cable stuffed up in mine and it hasn't came down yet. You would just have to take off the handbar pillar (just those two bolts) and the kickpanel.
Old 08-10-2010, 08:19 AM   #110
bass turds
Veccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
Veccster's Tacoma Gallery
Alright...im'a give this one a shot this weekend. Gotta head out to the shack to pick up some stuff first.

Any reason why you used the quick-connect to tap into green but used the small crimp connectors on the other 2? I suppose there is not enough space to use 3 quick-connectors?

I have used quick-connects and they are fairly dummy-proof but how do the crimp connectors work?
Old 08-10-2010, 09:23 AM   #111
Rand Paul 2016
Chad is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chad
Chad's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veccster View Post
Alright...im'a give this one a shot this weekend. Gotta head out to the shack to pick up some stuff first.

Any reason why you used the quick-connect to tap into green but used the small crimp connectors on the other 2? I suppose there is not enough space to use 3 quick-connectors?

I have used quick-connects and they are fairly dummy-proof but how do the crimp connectors work?
Each wire goes into an end and you crimp the sides and middle of the butt connector with a crimping tool. Pretty simple process. When you get them you'll see that it's basically dummy proof also.
Old 08-10-2010, 09:38 AM   #112
H0LLYW00D has a brilliant futureH0LLYW00D has a brilliant futureH0LLYW00D has a brilliant futureH0LLYW00D has a brilliant futureH0LLYW00D has a brilliant futureH0LLYW00D has a brilliant futureH0LLYW00D has a brilliant futureH0LLYW00D has a brilliant futureH0LLYW00D has a brilliant futureH0LLYW00D has a brilliant futureH0LLYW00D has a brilliant future
H0LLYW00D's Tacoma Gallery
I want to do this mod on my 09, but want to wire it down to a switch on the dash, is there an easy to do this. i will be adding a front view camera aswell and want two small switches side by side for both cameras. does anyone make a switch set that has two rocker switches side by side that would fit in the blank spots on the dash?
Old 08-11-2010, 03:59 AM   #113
JLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
JLink's Tacoma Gallery
yea my truck has a hugeeee front view.. its literally the entire space between the dash and the roof.

J/K.. I often think it would be awesome to have a front view camera for those tricky parallel parking and tight turning times. just as the back view lets you get super close, the front would be the same, and pretty helpful without risking a little bump to the other car.
how do you plan to do this? would it be displayed on your head unit or on the mirror same as reverse cam?
Old 08-11-2010, 09:04 AM   #114
H0LLYW00D has a brilliant futureH0LLYW00D has a brilliant futureH0LLYW00D has a brilliant futureH0LLYW00D has a brilliant futureH0LLYW00D has a brilliant futureH0LLYW00D has a brilliant futureH0LLYW00D has a brilliant futureH0LLYW00D has a brilliant futureH0LLYW00D has a brilliant futureH0LLYW00D has a brilliant futureH0LLYW00D has a brilliant future
H0LLYW00D's Tacoma Gallery
In my head unit. I plan to make this truck and off road machine so it will help on the trails and in the parking lots.
Old 08-11-2010, 10:53 AM   #115
I'm Not Your F***ing Brother
Paul's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaul's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaul's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaul's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaul's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaul's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaul's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaul's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaul's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaul's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaul's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Paul's TRD's Tacoma Gallery
subcribed, so when i find the time. been wanting to do this
Old 08-11-2010, 12:30 PM   #116
MUDFISH is a name known to allMUDFISH is a name known to allMUDFISH is a name known to allMUDFISH is a name known to allMUDFISH is a name known to allMUDFISH is a name known to all

MUDFISH's Tacoma Gallery
I need to try this, but I'm always nervous messing with electrical... Next time I'm at the Shack, I'll pick the stuff up...
Old 09-13-2010, 01:58 PM   #117
Something about something
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
added to cheap free mods section

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/tec...free-mods.html

# 93
Old 09-13-2010, 10:11 PM   #118
slick_711 is one of the sharper tools in the shedslick_711 is one of the sharper tools in the shedslick_711 is one of the sharper tools in the shedslick_711 is one of the sharper tools in the shedslick_711 is one of the sharper tools in the shedslick_711 is one of the sharper tools in the shedslick_711 is one of the sharper tools in the shedslick_711 is one of the sharper tools in the shedslick_711 is one of the sharper tools in the shedslick_711 is one of the sharper tools in the shedslick_711 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force: Security Forces, 2002-2005
slick_711's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aalders View Post
wire 2 (white) is not used at all just thought i would mention it so people could differentiate wires 1 and 3. no nothing on the dash lights up when the switch is in ether position. the way the switch is designed it isolates both circuits preventing the 12V to travel back to the truck lighting up your reverse lights and putting the R on your dash.
Just to clarify: are you saying once you did the mod your reverse lights do not come on even in reverse? Or just that using the switch in the "always on" position does not cause your reverse lights to come on?

Either way, very cool mod, I think I will be partaking. My reverse lights not coming on would sketch me out a bit, but I think that must not be what you were saying, or not many guys would have done this.
Old 09-15-2010, 10:43 AM   #119
honejim is on a distinguished road
Name: Jim
honejim's Tacoma Gallery
Killer mod! I already did the "brighter stock reverse lights" mod. If I can figure out how to turn them on whenever the jerk behind me is blinding me with his bright lights. I could use both mods to see the expression on his face when I turn those babies on. LOL
Old 09-15-2010, 02:14 PM   #120
BGrutter is a name known to allBGrutter is a name known to allBGrutter is a name known to allBGrutter is a name known to allBGrutter is a name known to allBGrutter is a name known to all
Name: Baron
BGrutter's Tacoma Gallery
I did this recently and this was my FIRST real electrical modification I've done to a car. All and all, it was a very simply process.. I followed the step by step and tried to document as well as I could (pictures and write-up). I added a few details, such as many of the specific Part #s from Radio Shack. Also, I encountered a few small hiccups. So, hopefully my experience might helps those others that are considering doing it.

Check my build thread for details and HUGE thanks to the OP.

Products Discussed in this Thread