Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

TSB Springs go in this Friday!

Old 06-29-2009, 12:40 PM   #1
MattN03 is a jewel in the roughMattN03 is a jewel in the roughMattN03 is a jewel in the roughMattN03 is a jewel in the rough

Name: Matt
MattN03's Tacoma Gallery
Thumbs up TSB Springs go in this Friday!

I sent an electronic service request through my local dealerships website at lunch today about performing the leaf spring TSB. Just got a call and they said they'd get the springs ordered today. I have an appointment for this Friday @ 8am to have them installed. I'm glad I had it easy compared to some of you all! I'll get some before & after pics.
Old 06-29-2009, 12:41 PM   #2
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
T@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T@co_Pr3runn3r's Tacoma Gallery
The way it should be.
Old 07-03-2009, 10:46 AM   #3
MattN03 is a jewel in the roughMattN03 is a jewel in the roughMattN03 is a jewel in the roughMattN03 is a jewel in the rough

MattN03's Tacoma Gallery
Just got back from having the TSB springs installed. Measurements were taken from the garage floor through centerline of wheel to bottom of fender flare. I gained 1" on each side, but here are the measurements:

Before
Driver Side: 36 1/16"
Passenger Side: 37 1/8"

After
Driver Side: 37 1/16"
Passenger Side: 38 1/8"

I was surprised the drivers side is 1" lower than the passenger side, but I do have a full tank of gas-maybe thats it? The ride seemed to be similar to before-very comfortable, although maybe slightly stiffer. It's not harsh by any means with the 4 leaf pack now. Here are pics.

Before

After

One of the springs

Old 07-03-2009, 10:50 AM   #4

MattN03's Tacoma Gallery
I used Toyota of Nicholasville if any Kentuckians would like to have this done. They were great to work with and had no issues performing the TSB. It was also nice to see they put down a floor mat and clear seat cover as soon as I dropped it off. I've seen so many dealerships not do this...They even complimented on how clean the truck was. They said they usually wash vehicles that come through their Service Dept, but this one obviously didn't need it!
Old 07-16-2009, 07:08 AM   #6

MattN03's Tacoma Gallery
Has anyone noticed less flex after the TSB springs go in? I was climbing a hill the other day-one I've climbed several times before, and the rear tire actually lifted off the ground. It had never done that before the TSB springs.
Old 07-16-2009, 07:57 AM   #7
geolink is a glorious beacon of lightgeolink is a glorious beacon of lightgeolink is a glorious beacon of lightgeolink is a glorious beacon of lightgeolink is a glorious beacon of lightgeolink is a glorious beacon of light

geolink's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattN03 View Post
Just got back from having the TSB springs installed. Measurements were taken from the garage floor through centerline of wheel to bottom of fender flare. I gained 1" on each side, but here are the measurements:

Before
Driver Side: 36 1/16"
Passenger Side: 37 1/8"

After
Driver Side: 37 1/16"
Passenger Side: 38 1/8"

I was surprised the drivers side is 1" lower than the passenger side, but I do have a full tank of gas-maybe thats it? The ride seemed to be similar to before-very comfortable, although maybe slightly stiffer. It's not harsh by any means with the 4 leaf pack now. Here are pics.

One of the springs
My TSB replacement Spring - Just curious, same part, yours from China, mine from Indonesia.
Old 07-16-2009, 09:25 AM   #8
needs to stop cruising Buy/Sell/Trade....
jefferson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjefferson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjefferson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjefferson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjefferson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjefferson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjefferson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjefferson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjefferson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjefferson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjefferson is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sex Panther
jefferson's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to jefferson
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattN03 View Post
Has anyone noticed less flex after the TSB springs go in? I was climbing a hill the other day-one I've climbed several times before, and the rear tire actually lifted off the ground. It had never done that before the TSB springs.
They are much stiffer. The idea behind the TSB is so the truck doesnt bottom out when loaded with stuff. SO they're gonna be stiffer, and according to Toyota; we will have a harsher ride. Thats why we had 3 leafs in there originally instead of 4, so the ride was smoother. People on the forum state it isnt a harsher ride, but you wont have as much give cause, well, you got another leaf in there
Old 07-16-2009, 09:41 AM   #9

MattN03's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by geolink View Post
My TSB replacement Spring - Just curious, same part, yours from China, mine from Indonesia.
I thought I saw someone elses on here stamped MEX for Mexico...I'm not sure why they are coming from so many different places.
Old 07-16-2009, 09:53 AM   #10
FL4x4Taco is a glorious beacon of lightFL4x4Taco is a glorious beacon of lightFL4x4Taco is a glorious beacon of lightFL4x4Taco is a glorious beacon of lightFL4x4Taco is a glorious beacon of light
FL4x4Taco's Tacoma Gallery
I like the TSB leafs a lot. I find the truck rides better. Doesn't feel as if you are driving like a maniac. IE now you have the proper resistance to actually drive the thing. Going to measure the lean tonight. never really noticed.
Old 07-16-2009, 10:06 AM   #11
The Stroker Ace
hendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff
hendooman's Tacoma Gallery
get those 5100's in the front and you will be good to go...looks good, I really like the ride on mine with the tsb and the billies at 1.75, look in my gallery and see how much better the front sits. We have pretty much the same truck...

Old 07-16-2009, 10:08 AM   #12
hillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shed

hillbillynwv's Tacoma Gallery
Don't get the impression that the TSB does wonders. I had the rear leaf spring TSB completed and my bed still sags bad with a load of firewood.
Old 07-16-2009, 01:09 PM   #13
mr2crazed is a jewel in the roughmr2crazed is a jewel in the roughmr2crazed is a jewel in the rough

mr2crazed's Tacoma Gallery
MattN03,

Just curious, how many miles do you have? Did you actually take your truck before the TSB or did you just file out the electronic request?

thanks