Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Best Lift plan help

Old 06-29-2009, 06:09 PM   #1
Wanna know how I got these scars?
BigBawlzTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigBawlzTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigBawlzTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigBawlzTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigBawlzTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigBawlzTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigBawlzTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigBawlzTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigBawlzTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigBawlzTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigBawlzTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
BigBawlzTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Best Lift plan help

i was thinking about doing billie 5100s all around and raise up about 2.5 inches then putting like a 2 inch body lift on. but someone told me not to do the body lift, what should i do then?
Old 06-29-2009, 06:17 PM   #3
Señor Member
DriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shed

DriverSound's Tacoma Gallery
Body lifts aren't safe, you'll regret it in the end. You know the saying "you get what you pay for". There's no cheap way to get around a bigger lift than 3".
Old 06-29-2009, 06:17 PM   #4
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
if ur looking for around 4" of lift, the ways would be either the RCD 4.5" lift or if ur a prerunner, u can do the 4" TC spindles
Old 06-29-2009, 06:34 PM   #5
Bah Humshit!
brian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Work and Fly on the Four Fans of Freedom
brian's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to brian
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhodge83 View Post
if ur looking for around 4" of lift, the ways would be either the RCD 4.5" lift or if ur a prerunner, u can do the 4" TC spindles
FYI:
Lift spindles are for 2WD. He has a 4WD.
Old 06-29-2009, 06:35 PM   #6
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by briangp View Post
FYI:
Lift spindles are for 2WD. He has a 4WD.
thx for bringing that up...haha. didnt see the 4x4 anywhere. but i did say "if ur a prerunner...."...uh huh
Old 06-29-2009, 07:02 PM   #7
BigBawlzTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigBawlzTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigBawlzTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigBawlzTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigBawlzTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigBawlzTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigBawlzTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigBawlzTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigBawlzTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigBawlzTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigBawlzTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBlueFan View Post
thanks for showing me that haha
that helps ALOT
Old 06-29-2009, 07:04 PM   #8
nvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shed

nvdeserted's Tacoma Gallery
Do not do a body lift! Get this idea out of your head. Now work on finding the right suspension lift. Oh, and just incase: DO NOT GET A BODY LIFT!
Old 06-29-2009, 07:08 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvdeserted View Post
Do not do a body lift! Get this idea out of your head. Now work on finding the right suspension lift. Oh, and just incase: DO NOT GET A BODY LIFT!
can i do the billies thing and do a 2 inch suspension lift....?
Old 06-29-2009, 07:12 PM   #10
6 Double 5 3 2 1
thebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ken....
thebigk's Tacoma Gallery
My plan is Billy 5100's & 885 coils with a 3/4" spacer for a full 3" lift....Billy's alone are 2.5"

Billy 5100's and AAL rear.

Again.....don't do a body lift.

Around $600 for the setup.

COME ON AUGUST!!! lol
Old 06-29-2009, 07:15 PM   #11

should i just get the toytec ultimate lift kit?
Old 06-29-2009, 07:17 PM   #12
6 Double 5 3 2 1
thebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

thebigk's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBawlzTaco View Post
should i just get the toytec ultimate lift kit?
Bingo! If you can afford it......good choice! ....and there's a group buy on it right now
Old 06-29-2009, 07:19 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebigk View Post
Bingo! If you can afford it......good choice! ....and there's a group buy on it right now
alrighty then
i dunno what or how you do a group buy but if its under 2000 i can do it.

thanks
what kinda tires should i get?
i was just gonna stay with the same wheels and paint it black.
Old 06-29-2009, 07:24 PM   #14
6 Double 5 3 2 1

thebigk's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
alrighty then

thanks
Toytec Group Buy...click the link
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/toy...t-lr-ucas.html

Tires....woo that's another can of worms....lol.....everyone has an opinion on tires.

Good luck on the lift/tires!
Old 06-29-2009, 07:28 PM   #15
Sooooooper Moderator

Quote:
alrighty then

thanks
tires depends on what u want and what u do....if u wanna stay w/ stock rims and want to get a 285 tire, you'll need wheel spacers or new UCA's to avoid rubbing the stock UCA w/ the tire
Old 06-29-2009, 07:37 PM   #16
Bah Humshit!
brian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Work and Fly on the Four Fans of Freedom
brian's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to brian
Quote:
thx for bringing that up...haha. didnt see the 4x4 anywhere. but i did say "if ur a prerunner...."...uh huh

whoops, didn't catch that ... sorry haha. Read it faster than my brain could comprehend.
Old 06-29-2009, 07:48 PM   #17

Quote:
tires depends on what u want and what u do....if u wanna stay w/ stock rims and want to get a 285 tire, you'll need wheel spacers or new UCA's to avoid rubbing the stock UCA w/ the tire
what does rubbing mean?
im sorry im retarded with all this stuff. but id rather learn about it then do something stupid and mess my truck up.
Old 06-29-2009, 07:50 PM   #18
Sooooooper Moderator

Quote:
what does rubbing mean?
im sorry im retarded with all this stuff. but id rather learn about it then do something stupid and mess my truck up.
rubbing as in the wider tire hitting the UCA. a new rim w/ a smaller backspacing, stock wheels w/ spacers, or new UCA's will fix. spacers and stockers being the cheapest. many people use the spidertrax spacers w/o no issues at all
Old 06-29-2009, 07:55 PM   #19

Quote:
rubbing as in the wider tire hitting the UCA. a new rim w/ a smaller backspacing, stock wheels w/ spacers, or new UCA's will fix. spacers and stockers being the cheapest. many people use the spidertrax spacers w/o no issues at all
where can you get those? and is installing easy?
i saw some guy called yoku58 or something that had spidertrax and they looked nice
Old 06-29-2009, 07:57 PM   #20
Sooooooper Moderator

Quote:
where can you get those? and is installing easy?
i saw some guy called yoku58 or something that had spidertrax and they looked nice

a pair recently sold in the B/S/T section, but here is contact info for spidertrac

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/buy...tml#post724034