Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Push pedal emergency brake...

Old 07-02-2009, 05:14 AM   #21
bass turds
Veccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
Veccster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmack48 View Post
i have the twist handle and i hate it! i wish i had the push pedal...

I hated the handle too. For the longest time, it hung loose and the E light was always on. Finally a dealer fixed it because I never knew about the TW fix.
Old 07-02-2009, 05:19 AM   #22
I KEEEEEL YOU
Burgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Stephen
Burgman's Tacoma Gallery
not have owned a first gen i just realized what the twist handle is and why yall like the pedal so much... but imo center console e brake is by far the easiest to abuse
Old 07-02-2009, 06:10 AM   #23
tussery has a spectacular aura abouttussery has a spectacular aura about
tussery's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to tussery
Quote:
Originally Posted by FL4x4Taco View Post
I agree, for a truck the twist handle is the best. for a sports car the Lever in the console is king. Pedal is for average mom & pop cars.
Mom and pop cars like almost every 1/2 Ton to 1 Ton truck on the market now?
Old 07-02-2009, 07:04 AM   #24
bass turds
Veccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Why would you want a big ass lever in the middle of your console that does nothing but secure your vehicle brakes when your not in it? Maybe they should put the spare tire where the glove box is for easier access?

Some feel the same way about the gear shifter for automatics - put it on the steering column where it is out of the way. I would not have bought the truck if that was where it was located. I hold on to that thing while I'm driving and use it for support around corners. I hate that it slides left (to drop a gear) but I have gotten used to it.

Though I did it as a kid, I have no problem with manufacturers making it more difficult for kids to pull e-brake slides.
Old 07-02-2009, 02:24 PM   #25
Do I look like a guy with a plan?
cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veccster View Post
I hated the handle too. For the longest time, it hung loose and the E light was always on. Finally a dealer fixed it because I never knew about the TW fix.
i have that problem too still and it annoys the hell out of me haha. i'll see if i can find the TW fix cause i really would love to get that tighter...if you have the link for it please feel free to post
Old 07-02-2009, 04:57 PM   #26
bass turds

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmack48 View Post
i have that problem too still and it annoys the hell out of me haha. i'll see if i can find the TW fix cause i really would love to get that tighter...if you have the link for it please feel free to post
I was never on this site until I bought the 09 and needed to eliminate the seatbelt beep. That search cost me A LOT of $$$!

I've poked around the 1st gen forum from time to time and seen it mentioned. I'll see if I can find something.

My mechanic did it during my yearly inspection.
Old 07-02-2009, 05:16 PM   #27
Do I look like a guy with a plan?
cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veccster View Post
I was never on this site until I bought the 09 and needed to eliminate the seatbelt beep. That search cost me A LOT of $$$!

I've poked around the 1st gen forum from time to time and seen it mentioned. I'll see if I can find something.

My mechanic did it during my yearly inspection.
Thanks for looking. I haven't been on this site that long. I tried searching around the internet when I first bought my taco for way to fix it but i haven't had any luck. Maybe I can find the answer on TW... Anyways thanks in advance for the help.
Old 07-03-2009, 12:47 PM   #29
IndigoTaco is a splendid one to beholdIndigoTaco is a splendid one to beholdIndigoTaco is a splendid one to beholdIndigoTaco is a splendid one to beholdIndigoTaco is a splendid one to beholdIndigoTaco is a splendid one to beholdIndigoTaco is a splendid one to behold
IndigoTaco's Tacoma Gallery
The handle is ok. The only advantage I see to it is when I'm towing my boat and stuck on a massive hill at a traffic light. I can pull it out, and use it so I don't roll back at all when starting.