Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Push pedal emergency brake...

Old 07-01-2009, 06:01 AM   #2
Lets Do It!
wiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shed

wiscdave's Tacoma Gallery
yes, yes it is...

anyone have theirs freeze up?
Old 07-01-2009, 06:03 AM   #3
Banned
DdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Crazy
DdayIsNear's Tacoma Gallery
dont knwo what push pedal is or what it means. otherwise i would love to agree with how great it is.
Old 07-01-2009, 06:25 AM   #4
Carolina Alliance: USMC Detachment
Odin is on a distinguished road

Marines: 3/6 Lima, then Wounded Warrior Regiment
Odin's Tacoma Gallery
Its that other pedal left of the brake that you push to make awesome spinouts!
Old 07-01-2009, 06:27 AM   #6
EricT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricT is one of the sharper tools in the shed
EricT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Odin View Post
Its that other pedal left of the brake that you push to make awesome spinouts!
You mean, my "other" left?
Old 07-01-2009, 06:27 AM   #7
FL4x4Taco is a glorious beacon of lightFL4x4Taco is a glorious beacon of lightFL4x4Taco is a glorious beacon of lightFL4x4Taco is a glorious beacon of lightFL4x4Taco is a glorious beacon of light
FL4x4Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Rather have a Lever like in the Supras. Pedals suck b/c you have to push it all the way down to release. You can however put a rubberband on the ratchet pawl. but when you park... um, defeats that purpose. We already have a car like interior, might as well have a Supra inspired interior.
Old 07-01-2009, 06:40 AM   #8
bass turds
Veccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
Veccster's Tacoma Gallery
I don't have to push it all the way in to release...just a bit further than where I set it. Unless I'm on a steep hill, I just lightly press it in to keep the truck from sitting on the gear. A light tap will release it and I'm off.

I like not having it in the interior. I hated that twist and release handle the 1st gens had. And I'm glad it's not a big ass handle in the middle of the console like most vehicles have.

Many Chryslers have the foot pedal but they use a latch that is placed right next to the hood release to release the brake. If you have this, how many times have you popped the hood while trying to release the brake?

I wish they would put high beams back on the floor too! Too much going on with my hands to deal with all that crap at the steering wheel level.
I have 4 limbs and one of them (my left foot) does nothing to assist in the driving process. I say we put it to work!
Old 07-01-2009, 06:46 AM   #10
Banned
DdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shed
its funny, i just realized push pedal brake, floor thing, then i see all thepostings on it. i think that sucks, left foot is for clutch, the twist thing is better becasue its not on the center console, which is the worst place for brakes, maybe cant do a spin out with it, but if i wanna spin out, cut the wheel and flooor it.
Old 07-01-2009, 06:47 AM   #11
FL4x4Taco is a glorious beacon of lightFL4x4Taco is a glorious beacon of lightFL4x4Taco is a glorious beacon of lightFL4x4Taco is a glorious beacon of lightFL4x4Taco is a glorious beacon of light
FL4x4Taco's Tacoma Gallery
I agree, for a truck the twist handle is the best. for a sports car the Lever in the console is king. Pedal is for average mom & pop cars.
Old 07-01-2009, 07:50 AM   #12
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
Jester243's Tacoma Gallery
I hated the twist handle on my first gen, I prefer it on the floor where it is.
Old 07-01-2009, 10:01 AM   #13
brandob9 is a jewel in the roughbrandob9 is a jewel in the roughbrandob9 is a jewel in the roughbrandob9 is a jewel in the rough
Name: Brandon
brandob9's Tacoma Gallery
I'm pretty sure you can relocate your foot brake to the handle in the dash. I was poking through there last week and it looked easy enough with the right parts.
Old 07-01-2009, 10:53 AM   #14
Carolina Alliance: USMC Detachment
Odin is on a distinguished road

Marines: 3/6 Lima, then Wounded Warrior Regiment
Odin's Tacoma Gallery
I used to have a T100 and it had the twist pull grip e-brake and I kind of like it. Was in an area that was completely bare. Owell the T100 also didn't have a center console setup like the new Tacoma. Miss that truck...the thing was a beast!
Old 07-01-2009, 12:18 PM   #15
NMG is a name known to allNMG is a name known to allNMG is a name known to allNMG is a name known to allNMG is a name known to allNMG is a name known to all

NMG's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veccster View Post
I don't have to push it all the way in to release...just a bit further than where I set it. Unless I'm on a steep hill, I just lightly press it in to keep the truck from sitting on the gear. A light tap will release it and I'm off
X2
Old 07-01-2009, 09:35 PM   #16
glockaxis is on a distinguished road
glockaxis's Tacoma Gallery
Count me in on preferring the handle brake.
Old 07-01-2009, 09:42 PM   #17
jholland52 is on a distinguished road
jholland52's Tacoma Gallery
definitely prefer the the pull brake for a car and it makes no difference for the truck i don[t use it unless on a hill..
Old 07-01-2009, 09:55 PM   #18
Banned
someone f'ed up, this thread should havebeen a vote!
Old 07-01-2009, 10:37 PM   #19
Your mom goes to college
dwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Derick
dwalden2's Tacoma Gallery
I like the handle. I got used to it in my '94 Toyota, so I guess that helps. Mom's Highlander has the pedal brake and I hate it. The Ford I have the misfortune to drive at work has the pedal brake too, and the lever to release the brake down by the hood release. The lever is big enough to where I can just use my foot to pull it to release the brake, so I haven't hit the hood release...yet.
Old 07-01-2009, 10:54 PM   #20
Do I look like a guy with a plan?
cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
i have the twist handle and i hate it! i wish i had the push pedal...