Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Looking for a bumper

Old 12-03-2007, 07:22 PM   #21
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by piercedtiger View Post
I'd recommend the $20 LED upgrade kit too if you want a mag in the truck. Had mine in over a year now with the same batteries! And it works just as good as the first day. They sell those at Wal-Mart, lowes, etc. Might be able to find the wall mounts there too. Just a couple U shaped brackets the flashlight snaps into with holes to mount to the wall.
i was thinking that my maglite already has the led upgrade, but i may be wrong. i will still buy an extra set for both lights though. maglites are actually good lights for the price. everyone praises streamlight and surefire, and they may be better, but im not spending that much $$$ on a flashlight, when a maglite does the trick!!
Old 12-03-2007, 07:29 PM   #22
Carolina Alliance: Midwest Firearms Division
TuRDTACO is on a distinguished road

TuRDTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to TuRDTACO
Quote:
I'd recommend the $20 LED upgrade kit too if you want a mag in the truck. Had mine in over a year now with the same batteries! And it works just as good as the first day. They sell those at Wal-Mart, lowes, etc. Might be able to find the wall mounts there too. Just a couple U shaped brackets the flashlight snaps into with holes to mount to the wall.
i have a smith & wesson galaxy LED flashlight, had it for 2 years, ran it over with my truck twice for fun, still the same original 3 AAA batteries in it and it's bright as day
Old 12-03-2007, 07:29 PM   #23

damn i just hit 800 posts
Old 12-03-2007, 07:34 PM   #24
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuRDTACO View Post

as themaster says......you filthy post whore!!! good job!!!
Old 12-03-2007, 07:35 PM   #25
Devout Atheist
piercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jon
piercedtiger's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to piercedtiger
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomaman06 View Post
i was thinking that my maglite already has the led upgrade, but i may be wrong. i will still buy an extra set for both lights though. maglites are actually good lights for the price. everyone praises streamlight and surefire, and they may be better, but im not spending that much $$$ on a flashlight, when a maglite does the trick!!
My thoughts exactly. I'm sure they're good, but are they $300 good? I use my flashlights for hours at a time, on and off while camping or a few minutes here and there. I think it's retarded to spend $200-$300 for a light with 20-30 minutes of run time regardless if it's rechargeable or not. I don't want to carry 6 sets of batteries camping and keep them dry, or reach for the light in my truck and try to remember if I charged it recently.

If I want to stun a deer with my light I'll grab the 2mil spotlight behind my driver-rear seat!
Old 12-03-2007, 07:37 PM   #26
Devout Atheist
piercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
lol.... I finally remembered why your avatar seemed familiar: "Ass, gas or grass, no one rides for free." Can't remember where I heard that though....
Old 12-03-2007, 07:39 PM   #27

Quote:
My thoughts exactly. I'm sure they're good, but are they $300 good? I use my flashlights for hours at a time, on and off while camping or a few minutes here and there. I think it's retarded to spend $200-$300 for a light with 20-30 minutes of run time regardless if it's rechargeable or not. I don't want to carry 6 sets of batteries camping and keep them dry, or reach for the light in my truck and try to remember if I charged it recently.

If I want to stun a deer with my light I'll grab the 2mil spotlight behind my driver-rear seat!
you got every bit of that right man!!! i use my flashlights the same exact way!! i dont think im gonna need to blind any coyotes or stop any charging rhinos anytime soon!! you need to hurry and bring your ass down to sc so we can go hang out!!! we will go spotlight deer....aint done that in a while!!
Old 12-03-2007, 07:43 PM   #28

only way i'd spend 300 on a flashlight if if i got the LED light/laser combo known as the streamlight tlr2 and mounting it on a sig sauer p229 platinum elite 4" barrel 40s&w
Old 12-03-2007, 07:43 PM   #29

Quote:
lol.... I finally remembered why your avatar seemed familiar: "Ass, gas or grass, no one rides for free." Can't remember where I heard that though....
you heard it in the 60's when you were a teenagers, the whole hippie thing right?
Old 12-04-2007, 04:11 AM   #30
Mudbug is on a distinguished road

Mudbug's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
check these out bro, this is what i'll be getting, front and rear, along with +4" fenders all the way around.
http://allprooffroad.com/index.php?o...sk=view&id=117
What are these fenders you speak of?
Old 12-04-2007, 04:15 AM   #31
ERdept is a name known to allERdept is a name known to allERdept is a name known to allERdept is a name known to allERdept is a name known to allERdept is a name known to all
ERdept's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

http://shrockworks.com/Toyota-Tacoma-Winch-Bumper-Bull-Bar-Front-pr-16174.html
Boing!!!

I thought Allpro was what I as set on, now I see these?! Me like. They seem to have more features than Allpro's have.

My future goal.
Old 12-04-2007, 04:35 AM   #32
Devout Atheist

Quote:
you heard it in the 60's when you were a teenagers, the whole hippie thing right?

Nah.... I was born a couple decades later.... But the same philosophy applies! Sounds better to me than "there's no such thing as a free lunch...."
Old 12-04-2007, 07:09 AM   #33
Living vicariously through myself
mjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Milton Juevos Portimous II
mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudbug View Post
What are these fenders you speak of?
Glassworks makes fenders with larger openings to accommodate long-travel suspensions:

http://www.glassworksunlimited.com/s...&cat=22&page=1

The Tacoma build-up that triggered the comment was by Total Chaos. It's an insane pre-runner/show truck build:

http://www.chaosfab.com/projects/tacoma/tacoma.html

If they had an emoticon for this truck, the tag would be .
Old 12-04-2007, 07:40 AM   #34
Towing Guru
maverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

maverick491's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
only way i'd spend 300 on a flashlight if if i got the LED light/laser combo known as the streamlight tlr2 and mounting it on a sig sauer p229 platinum elite 4" barrel 40s&w
40S&W is nice, but it's still not a four five. Never much cared for the sig's either, I just don't like how they feel in my hand. I'll stick to my Glock 21 with the lasermax guide rod internal laser, and glock tactical rail light in 45ACP.

Just to prove I can get way off topic too.
Old 12-04-2007, 10:53 AM   #35

Mudbug's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjp2 View Post
Glassworks makes fenders with larger openings to accommodate long-travel suspensions:

http://www.glassworksunlimited.com/s...&cat=22&page=1

The Tacoma build-up that triggered the comment was by Total Chaos. It's an insane pre-runner/show truck build:

http://www.chaosfab.com/projects/tacoma/tacoma.html

If they had an emoticon for this truck, the tag would be .

Whoaa! me want me want! Anyone know how big a tire you can fit without a lift with those fenders?
Old 12-04-2007, 11:02 AM   #36
Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!
nd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these parts

Name: Nate
nd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by maverick491 View Post
40S&W is nice, but it's still not a four five. Never much cared for the sig's either, I just don't like how they feel in my hand. I'll stick to my Glock 21 with the lasermax guide rod internal laser, and glock tactical rail light in 45ACP.

Just to prove I can get way off topic too.
Now thats a nice gun. I have a Glock model 23 with the police package. My buddy bought it for me while he was in the accademy and could get a deal. Its a .40 with 3 high cap mags and the tritium night sites and the tactical "rail" for lights or lasers. i got it all for $450 and love it.
Old 12-04-2007, 11:05 AM   #37

Mudbug's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Whoaa! me want me want! Anyone know how big a tire you can fit without a lift with those fenders?
I emailed them...they told me 315's will clear...i'm kind of in doubt... at least not without spacers. I woudl think they would hit the control arm? no?
Old 12-04-2007, 11:30 AM   #38
Living vicariously through myself
mjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Milton Juevos Portimous II
mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I emailed them...they told me 315's will clear...i'm kind of in doubt... at least not without spacers. I woudl think they would hit the control arm? no?
All the more reason to replace the control arms. And while you're in there you might as well weld in some spindle gussets.

http://www.chaosfab.com/toyaccess_05taco.html

Such a slippery slope!
Old 12-04-2007, 12:20 PM   #39
Devout Atheist

Quote:
Not sure offhand how big 315's are, but my 285's have about 1/4" of clearance between the UCA and rub slightly when turning lock to lock. I run stock alloys, btw.
Old 12-04-2007, 01:28 PM   #40
Devout Atheist

Quote:
you have a mag light mount on your drivers seat?? would u mind taking a pic of it, that sounds like something i'd want to have
Quote:
I'll try to remember to take a pic of it tomorrow. Just standard Mag wall mount brackets riveted to the plastic panel between the seat and the door.
Pics as promised!

Rivet to the plastic. I used small rivets with washers on the inside for more bite, but some came out so I replaced them with 5/8" ones. Much more solid now!