LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Looking for a bumper

Old 12-02-2007, 05:21 PM   #1
CornDog is on a distinguished road

CornDog's Tacoma Gallery
Looking for a bumper

hey yal i been moddin up the taco for a few months now, i think i bout ready to get the bumper put on. i gotta have a winch bumper. i was wondering if any of yal had ne good ideas for one. i know all the common ones like ARB and WARN and all but i was jus wantin some more options. any ideas are welcome.
Old 12-02-2007, 05:29 PM   #2
concrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Shit deflector
concrete jedi's Tacoma Gallery
When I was in Texas a couple of years ago, I saw some of the best looking bumpers-ever! I also saw them on brand new trucks sitting on the dealer lots, like it was an option. I don't know the name of said bumpers but if you googled or searched hard enough you might find what I saw. Good luck.
Old 12-02-2007, 08:53 PM   #3
Carolina Alliance: Midwest Firearms Division
TuRDTACO is on a distinguished road

TuRDTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to TuRDTACO
check these out bro, this is what i'll be getting, front and rear, along with +4" fenders all the way around.
http://allprooffroad.com/index.php?o...sk=view&id=117
Old 12-03-2007, 03:59 AM   #4
CornDog is on a distinguished road

CornDog's Tacoma Gallery
yeah i saw those on the net. when are we gonna be able to buy that one. i couldnt find a price for that particle one.
Old 12-03-2007, 03:15 PM   #6
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
the shrockworks bumpers are sweet, but i bet the weigh out the ass!!!
Old 12-03-2007, 03:26 PM   #7
Devout Atheist
piercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jon
piercedtiger's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to piercedtiger
yeah, that's my only concern. Right now though I'd like something that can deflect a turkey, dog, or deer without completely trashing the front end. Saw pics on TN showing over $2k damage from hitting a dog.... And I have a cracked plastic bumper, broken fog light tab, and bent metal brace from a turkey grazing the bumper before going under the front right tire. Too much plastic crap!
Old 12-03-2007, 03:44 PM   #8
Living vicariously through myself
mjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Milton Juevos Portimous II
mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
While I've had no experience with their bumpers specifically, I did pick up AllPro's suspension for my '06 and they make some stout components. They're also really decent to work with so if you've got any questions I'm sure they'd have no problem helping you out. Based on their site they're supposed to be coming out with a more traditional-looking bumper if you're not a fan of the tube look.
http://allprooffroad.com/images/stories/all_pro_018.jpg.

For my own build I'm going for more of a pre-runner look and modeling my bumper after Total Chaos' design:
http://www.chaosfab.com/projects/tac...---Build05.jpg

The nice thing is that there are lots of options available for the Tacomas. Post pictures when you drop the coin and get everything installed!
Old 12-03-2007, 04:18 PM   #9
concrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Shit deflector
concrete jedi's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by piercedtiger View Post
Is this your rig ? If it is damn nice rig ! Love the front bumper, that should take on most woodland creatures.
Old 12-03-2007, 04:39 PM   #10
Devout Atheist
piercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by concrete jedi View Post
Is this your rig ? If it is damn nice rig ! Love the front bumper, that should take on most woodland creatures.
I wish! I want one though for the winch capability, and protection. I think it's stupid that my near $30k truck cracks and falls apart over the slightest frontal impact due to all the plastic crap up front. I might even gusset the frame before I install it when I finally get it to help keep those damn "crumple zones" from buckling under anything the bumper itself can survive.
Old 12-03-2007, 05:04 PM   #11
Ventura_Taco is on a distinguished road

Air Force: KC-135Q Crew Chief, Okinawa, Japan '86-'90
Ventura_Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

http://shrockworks.com/Toyota-Tacoma-Winch-Bumper-Bull-Bar-Front-pr-16174.html

Now that is bad a$$. How much does it weigh without the winch?
Old 12-03-2007, 05:31 PM   #12

Quote:
you have a mag light mount on your drivers seat?? would u mind taking a pic of it, that sounds like something i'd want to have
Old 12-03-2007, 05:34 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjp2 View Post
While I've had no experience with their bumpers specifically, I did pick up AllPro's suspension for my '06 and they make some stout components. They're also really decent to work with so if you've got any questions I'm sure they'd have no problem helping you out. Based on their site they're supposed to be coming out with a more traditional-looking bumper if you're not a fan of the tube look.
http://allprooffroad.com/images/stories/all_pro_018.jpg.

For my own build I'm going for more of a pre-runner look and modeling my bumper after Total Chaos' design:
http://www.chaosfab.com/projects/tac...---Build05.jpg

The nice thing is that there are lots of options available for the Tacomas. Post pictures when you drop the coin and get everything installed!
the taco in your second link is close to what i want to do, fiberglass fenders all the way around, taller tires, and a front bumper, and a rear one...and a skid plate...and lights...and a bed cage...i need money
Old 12-03-2007, 06:18 PM   #14
Devout Atheist

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuRDTACO View Post
you have a mag light mount on your drivers seat?? would u mind taking a pic of it, that sounds like something i'd want to have
I'll try to remember to take a pic of it tomorrow. Just standard Mag wall mount brackets riveted to the plastic panel between the seat and the door.
Old 12-03-2007, 06:19 PM   #15

Quote:
I'll try to remember to take a pic of it tomorrow. Just standard Mag wall mount brackets riveted to the plastic panel between the seat and the door.
i didn't even know they had wall brackets...i'm all about having functional and useable mods...i need a fire extinguisher still too
Old 12-03-2007, 06:44 PM   #16
Devout Atheist

Quote:
i didn't even know they had wall brackets...i'm all about having functional and useable mods...i need a fire extinguisher still too

They can be hard to find. Found mine at a local hardware store.
Old 12-03-2007, 07:10 PM   #17

Quote:
They can be hard to find. Found mine at a local hardware store.
i'll check there for it, thanks for the idea bro
Old 12-03-2007, 07:13 PM   #18
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
i'll check there for it, thanks for the idea bro

i'll try to post pics of my maglite/driver seat mount also. i got my set-up at sams club, and it came with the mounts, plus a mini maglite also. good deal for $20!!
Old 12-03-2007, 07:15 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomaman06 View Post
i'll try to post pics of my maglite/driver seat mount also. i got my set-up at sams club, and it came with the mounts, plus a mini maglite also. good deal for $20!!
what the hell, how come i've never heard of these but everyone has em??
Old 12-03-2007, 07:18 PM   #20
Devout Atheist

I'd recommend the $20 LED upgrade kit too if you want a mag in the truck. Had mine in over a year now with the same batteries! And it works just as good as the first day. They sell those at Wal-Mart, lowes, etc. Might be able to find the wall mounts there too. Just a couple U shaped brackets the flashlight snaps into with holes to mount to the wall.