Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

My Taco a bit over loaded

Old 07-01-2009, 04:50 PM   #1
grivera is one of the sharper tools in the shedgrivera is one of the sharper tools in the shedgrivera is one of the sharper tools in the shedgrivera is one of the sharper tools in the shedgrivera is one of the sharper tools in the shedgrivera is one of the sharper tools in the shedgrivera is one of the sharper tools in the shedgrivera is one of the sharper tools in the shedgrivera is one of the sharper tools in the shedgrivera is one of the sharper tools in the shedgrivera is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
grivera's Tacoma Gallery
My Taco a bit over loaded

I bought some topsoil in bulk today, and I asked for 1200 lbs. The bobcat operator loaded 1500 lbs. The suspension bottomed out and the ride was a bit bouncy, even on smooth roads. I've attached some photos of the load in progress.
Attached Thumbnails
My Taco a bit over loaded-100_0167.jpg   My Taco a bit over loaded-100_0169.jpg   My Taco a bit over loaded-100_0168.jpg  
Old 07-01-2009, 05:09 PM   #3
grivera is one of the sharper tools in the shedgrivera is one of the sharper tools in the shedgrivera is one of the sharper tools in the shedgrivera is one of the sharper tools in the shedgrivera is one of the sharper tools in the shedgrivera is one of the sharper tools in the shedgrivera is one of the sharper tools in the shedgrivera is one of the sharper tools in the shedgrivera is one of the sharper tools in the shedgrivera is one of the sharper tools in the shedgrivera is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
grivera's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfpack_5150 View Post
That sucks...How did it "pull" the load? I always thought these motors were pretty strong. Hope u didnt have to go too far.

BTW Nice spare!
No problem hauling it (or braking). I didn't go over 30 mph. I was just a bit surprised the TSB springs didn't perform better...
Old 07-01-2009, 05:49 PM   #4
Sounds Gooooood
ItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
ItalynStylion's Tacoma Gallery
Wait, so you already have the 4leaf TSB springs?
Old 07-01-2009, 06:06 PM   #6
MattN03 is a jewel in the roughMattN03 is a jewel in the roughMattN03 is a jewel in the roughMattN03 is a jewel in the rough

Name: Matt
MattN03's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bb609 View Post
You overload the truck by 25% and you're disappointed?
lol...I just brought home 14 80lb bags of 5000 PSI cement from Lowes. With that totaling 1120 lbs, I decided to use my 5x10 utility trailer. Glad I did after seeing those pics since I still have the 3 leafs-at least until this Friday when the TSB springs go on
Old 07-02-2009, 10:54 AM   #7

Law Enforcement:
grivera's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bb609 View Post
You overload the truck by 25% and you're disappointed?
I'm surprised they didn't perform better. In fact, at about half the load, the truck was taking a beating...Next time I'll ask for 800#
Old 07-02-2009, 11:46 AM   #8
Mandy3206 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMandy3206 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMandy3206 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMandy3206 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMandy3206 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMandy3206 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMandy3206 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMandy3206 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMandy3206 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMandy3206 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMandy3206 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Mandy3206's Tacoma Gallery
Cool

This load was bout 2000# in the pallet alone, it felt very heavy and I wandered all around the street, the haul was about 5 miles and never passed 30 mph, I also carry close to 400# of crap in my truck as standard equipment so the load was pretty close to 2500#.

Tiles and thinset weight a ton.

TSB springs were in place, it bottomed out right away and rode all the time on the bumpstops

Old 07-02-2009, 12:06 PM   #10
Mandy3206 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMandy3206 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMandy3206 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMandy3206 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMandy3206 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMandy3206 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMandy3206 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMandy3206 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMandy3206 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMandy3206 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMandy3206 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Mandy3206's Tacoma Gallery
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester243 View Post
^^ your crazy
Yep, I was afraid of screwing something up during the haul, but it was friday 4:00pm and daltile didn't open on saturdays so the job would had to wait to be finished the next week and take a hit with liquidated damages, so I gamble and finished the job in time

If I had gotten there earlier, I would have done 2 trips instead of one.
Old 07-02-2009, 12:15 PM   #11
hillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shed

hillbillynwv's Tacoma Gallery
I have the TSB 4 leaf pack installed. I had a bed level load of locust firewood and it still sagged like a horse out to pasture. I never looked to see how close it was to the bump stops but I'm sure it was close. No pics.....me bad.
Old 07-02-2009, 12:47 PM   #12
wildtrax1 is on a distinguished road
wildtrax1's Tacoma Gallery
I put a half pallet of bermuda sod that was freshly cut and SOAKING wet in my 09 without the TSB. That was a load. Luckily I only had about 6 or 7 miles to go but my truck was wondering all over the place. I'm sure my bumpstops look pretty rough since i've hauled quickcrete, topsoil, sod, lumber, retaining wall blocks, sand just to name a few and seems like anytime i have to haul anything it sits on the bumpstops.
Old 07-07-2009, 04:12 PM   #13

Law Enforcement:
grivera's Tacoma Gallery
.53 tons of river gravel

I went back for gravel this time-the bobcat operator was a bit more skilled...
Attached Thumbnails
My Taco a bit over loaded-.53-tons-river-gravel.jpg   My Taco a bit over loaded-.53-tons-river-gravel-2.jpg  
Old 07-07-2009, 04:23 PM   #14
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Not overloaded....but I'm extremely happy with the TSB springs for what I need them for. This shot...it's actually leaning to the drivers side. The driveway is slanted downhill.

This is one scoop of mulch - which is about fills the bed.

Just yesterday, I picked up two huge boxes of patio furniture. I should've taken a picture of that. The one box was about 6" wide and towered over top the cab.
Old 07-07-2009, 04:36 PM   #15

Law Enforcement:
grivera's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janster View Post
Not overloaded....but I'm extremely happy with the TSB springs for what I need them for. This shot...it's actually leaning to the drivers side. The driveway is slanted downhill.

This is one scoop of mulch - which is about fills the bed.

Just yesterday, I picked up two huge boxes of patio furniture. I should've taken a picture of that. The one box was about 6" wide and towered over top the cab.

Nice truck. How do you put the full pic in the message?

Also, do you have dual exhaust? My single pipe exits
the driver's side...
Old 07-07-2009, 04:41 PM   #16
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by grivera View Post
Nice truck. How do you put the full pic in the message?

Also, do you have dual exhaust? My single pipe exits
the driver's side...
THanks!

This is how the photo should attach in the message, by using this coding with the photo web address in the middle:

[img]<photo link address>[/img]

Yeah, I have a dual exit exhaust (Flowmaster 50 dual catback).
Old 07-07-2009, 04:46 PM   #17

Law Enforcement:
grivera's Tacoma Gallery
Let me try...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janster View Post
THanks!

This is how the photo should attach in the message, by using this coding with the photo web address in the middle:

[img]<photo link address>[/img]

Yeah, I have a dual exit exhaust (Flowmaster 50 dual catback).
Attached Thumbnails
My Taco a bit over loaded-.53-tons-river-gravel.jpg  
Old 07-07-2009, 05:39 PM   #20
Disorderly is on a distinguished road
Disorderly's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by grivera View Post
ultimate fail...
I'm not sure what you're doing wrong. All I did was open the link you posted 2 above and copied that URL into a [img] tag.