Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Installed tc uca today

Old 07-01-2009, 06:04 PM   #1
ozmon420 is just really niceozmon420 is just really niceozmon420 is just really niceozmon420 is just really niceozmon420 is just really nice

ozmon420's Tacoma Gallery
Installed tc uca today

IT RIDES SO MUCH BETTER NO MORE WANDERING WHEN DRIVING. WANTED TO KNOW IF I NEED TO GET ALIGNMENT NOW THAT I PUT THOSE UCA'S ON?
Old 07-01-2009, 06:06 PM   #2
it's in coma has much to be proud ofit's in coma has much to be proud ofit's in coma has much to be proud ofit's in coma has much to be proud ofit's in coma has much to be proud ofit's in coma has much to be proud ofit's in coma has much to be proud ofit's in coma has much to be proud of

it's in coma's Tacoma Gallery
yes you do...
Old 07-02-2009, 02:21 AM   #4
powerban is on a distinguished road
powerban's Tacoma Gallery
Wait, the wandering on the freeways is due to the LCA's? Oh man, I need to buy me a set then. But just curious. If i get them, and get the alignment, wouldnt it still have the stock positive camber?
Old 07-02-2009, 07:04 AM   #5
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by powerban View Post
Wait, the wandering on the freeways is due to the LCA's? Oh man, I need to buy me a set then. But just curious. If i get them, and get the alignment, wouldnt it still have the stock positive camber?
Wandering is useually caused by loss of Caster when lifted. You can add caster with UCA's that have more Caster built into them, i.e., Total Chaos. This gets your Caster back in check, and reduces the wandering.
Old 07-02-2009, 01:12 PM   #7
powerban is on a distinguished road
powerban's Tacoma Gallery
what if its wandering and its stock suspension? no lift. 2009 prerunner longbed. Just to clarify, when driving at highway speeds, the truck likes to go to the left or right of the lane on its own. It doesnt always go to one direction. By the way, is the truck supposed to have positive camber from the factory?
Old 07-02-2009, 02:27 PM   #8
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerban View Post
what if its wandering and its stock suspension? no lift. 2009 prerunner longbed. Just to clarify, when driving at highway speeds, the truck likes to go to the left or right of the lane on its own. It doesnt always go to one direction. By the way, is the truck supposed to have positive camber from the factory?
Have it aligned. The Camber can be off either a little bit - or a little bit +, but it should be as close to 0* as possible.
Old 07-02-2009, 03:14 PM   #10
ozmon420 is just really niceozmon420 is just really niceozmon420 is just really niceozmon420 is just really niceozmon420 is just really nice

ozmon420's Tacoma Gallery
just got my truck aligned today and its riding better but i might have to get the tires rebalaned cause im still getting a little shake on highway
Old 07-02-2009, 03:19 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunes View Post
So I put the TC UCAs on the truck and now I've got a wicked tire squeal on higher speed/harder turns on concrete.

I'm thinking an alignment and a tire pressure check- Is there anything else I should look at??
Maybe its your tires sliding?
Old 07-02-2009, 03:21 PM   #12
DanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shed
DanGer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
So I put the TC UCAs on the truck and now I've got a wicked tire squeal on higher speed/harder turns on concrete.

I'm thinking an alignment and a tire pressure check- Is there anything else I should look at??
I think you are taking turns too slow. Just go a bit faster and see if it corrects itself
Old 07-02-2009, 03:24 PM   #13
abides.
Brunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: LT- CG MH-65C/D Driver- CGAS NOLA
Name: Mark
Brunes's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Brunes
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
Maybe its your tires sliding?
That's why I'm curious about the alignment-I say "high speed" but it's not like I'm taking corners at NASCAR speeds. No faster than I ever have before.

Will the lift geometry just make it so I have to corner slower?? Or maybe the alignment is off in such a way that makes the tires scrub but still hold true straight tracking??
Old 07-02-2009, 03:25 PM   #14

Quote:
That's why I'm curious about the alignment-I say "high speed" but it's not like I'm taking corners at NASCAR speeds. No faster than I ever have before.

Will the lift geometry just make it so I have to corner slower?? Or maybe the alignment is off in such a way that makes the tires scrub but still hold true straight tracking??
Sounds like a bad alignment.
Old 07-02-2009, 04:37 PM   #15
Thread killer
LBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

LBtaco's Tacoma Gallery
I had my alignment done 4 times since I owned the truck (14 months)
all at the same shop that I got my tires , sears unfortunately. The 1st time was without any lift, just got new tires.2nd with only Icons in front and the rest with Deavers in the rear. Each time I went it drove like a different truck, sometimes the wandering and sometimes it pulled to the right. This last time I really hovered around the guy and I believe they finally got it right. Good thing I got the alignment "warranty"
The specs that were listed on this site are good for your alignment. Learn them, live them. Don't let ol wrenchy McGee make your truck drive like a pig.