Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

squealing brakes

Old 12-03-2007, 08:25 AM   #1
michigantacoowner is on a distinguished road
michigantacoowner's Tacoma Gallery
squealing brakes

As the winter has turned colder in Michigan I am having a problem with my brakes. First thing in the morning my brakes sqeaul like mad when backing out of my garage. Once I back out and begin traveling forward the squeal goes away (until the next morning). Any thought before I take it into the shop?
Old 12-03-2007, 08:29 AM   #2
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
i hate to say it, but i think its more prone to do that in your area, where its really cold outside, then moisture sets up on them from sitting in the garage all night where its warmer. driving and hitting the brakes for a few seconds kinda takes that layer off so it quits squeaking. just a thought. take it to the shop and see what they say to be on the safe side though.
Old 12-03-2007, 04:23 PM   #3
concrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Shit deflector
concrete jedi's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by michigantacoowner View Post
As the winter has turned colder in Michigan I am having a problem with my brakes. First thing in the morning my brakes sqeaul like mad when backing out of my garage. Once I back out and begin traveling forward the squeal goes away (until the next morning). Any thought before I take it into the shop?
Yeah I have the same thing being up here in western N.Y. I just deal with it because I can't control the weather. It goes away after a few brakes.
Old 12-19-2007, 08:51 AM   #4
5862007 is on a distinguished road
5862007's Tacoma Gallery
I bought my 2007 Tacoma Regular Cab 4x2 this past weekend and, on Monday, after the temperature had dropped sharply overnight, I heard the squealing noise a couple of times while backing up when I first got into the truck. The squeal was noticeable, but not obtrusively loud, so I just shoved the issue to the back of my mind as one of those issues to keep an eye on before my comprehensive warranty goes out.

I haven't noticed the noise since then, but I'll keep y'all posted if I do later on.