Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

4x4 gone, XR in...

Old 07-01-2009, 07:18 PM   #1
AZsand has much to be proud ofAZsand has much to be proud ofAZsand has much to be proud ofAZsand has much to be proud ofAZsand has much to be proud ofAZsand has much to be proud ofAZsand has much to be proud ofAZsand has much to be proud of
AZsand's Tacoma Gallery
4x4 gone, XR in...

Loved my 4x4 4 banger but miss "driving". Used to be able to afford both a truck and a sports car, not anymore. So the only compromise i could see was going from this

To now this

This thing drives like a mother for a truck. Call me crazy but the feel of it reminds me of my old 350Z. No joke. But it shifts and brakes like shit. Gotta work on those before anything.
Old 07-01-2009, 07:20 PM   #2
06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Colin
06BLUEDBLSPORT's Tacoma Gallery
Atleast you stayed with Tacomas! Great looking xrunner!
Old 07-01-2009, 07:21 PM   #3
My hair is all natural
lsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hotdog
lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZsand View Post
This thing drives like a mother for a truck. Call me crazy but the feel of it reminds me of my old 350Z. No joke. But it shifts and brakes like shit. Gotta work on those before anything.
That's probably because the Toyota engineers used the 350Z as their benchmark. They wanted it to handle as good or better than the 350Z.

If I didn't need a double cab, I'd be driving an X.
Old 07-01-2009, 07:29 PM   #5
//TRD
XR-Ace will become famous soon enough

XR-Ace's Tacoma Gallery
welcome to the club. theres a forum for xr's only
xr-underground.com
Old 07-01-2009, 07:30 PM   #6
sincitytaco is a name known to allsincitytaco is a name known to allsincitytaco is a name known to allsincitytaco is a name known to allsincitytaco is a name known to allsincitytaco is a name known to all
sincitytaco's Tacoma Gallery
that the nicest "street" truck out there.
Old 07-01-2009, 07:36 PM   #7
Stayed Up Too Late
Untamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 0311-Bravo 1/23 4th Mar. Div. Reserves
Name: Adam
Untamed_SS's Tacoma Gallery
I recently got the TRD QuickShifter. I really like it.

But I heard the B&M is better. But good luck getting your hands on one of those. =/

And there is a big brake kit for the XR.
Old 07-01-2009, 07:43 PM   #8
Carolina Alliance Southwest Region Ambassador
jandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jandrews's Tacoma Gallery
Both are nice trucks but god damn that first tacoma with the OR setup is CLEAN. VERY well done.

If I may inquire, where'd you get those eyelids? They look wonderful. I also like the mounting of the lights in the lower grill area. Very elegant...bull bars make the front end look too busy for my taste.
Old 07-01-2009, 08:13 PM   #9
AZsand has much to be proud ofAZsand has much to be proud ofAZsand has much to be proud ofAZsand has much to be proud ofAZsand has much to be proud ofAZsand has much to be proud ofAZsand has much to be proud ofAZsand has much to be proud of
AZsand's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jandrews View Post
Both are nice trucks but god damn that first tacoma with the OR setup is CLEAN. VERY well done.

If I may inquire, where'd you get those eyelids? They look wonderful. I also like the mounting of the lights in the lower grill area. Very elegant...bull bars make the front end look too busy for my taste.
I worked my ass off on those lights, but i loved them when they were done.
The eyelids i made: You tape off however you want the eyelids to look, scuff up that surface, mask around it and paint (to match truck in my case). Then, to give it a little extra (you cant see it in the pic.), i used 1/4" vinyl pinstripe to finish the bottom of the eyelid. Than i masked everything again and i clear coated the whole thing (pinstripe too). Definately doing that same thing to the XR.
Old 07-01-2009, 08:21 PM   #10
Panda Jerk
THXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jacob
THXEY's Tacoma Gallery
if i didnt have a trd o.r. i would have the xrunner

love those trucks... ive always had a thing for lowered trucks.... looks hot
Old 07-01-2009, 08:59 PM   #12
There's a mod for that!
w8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Albert
w8n4mud's Tacoma Gallery
I still love the X-Runners. Nice choice. Like the others have said at least you have good taste to come back and get another one. You could have chosen a Corolla or something else but how sick that you got another Taco. Right on! Congrats.
Old 07-01-2009, 08:59 PM   #13
Living vicariously through everybody
derekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TW'S Hippy Liberal
derekabraham's Tacoma Gallery
Very cool man. The X-Runner is a sharp looking truck.
Old 07-01-2009, 09:12 PM   #14
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by lsocoee View Post
That's probably because the Toyota engineers used the 350Z as their benchmark. They wanted it to handle as good or better than the 350Z.

If I didn't need a double cab, I'd be driving an X.
Have you thought od dropping your Prerunner? I think a Xrunner Quad cab would be pretty cool.