1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Rear leaf tsb completed

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by tarik88, Dec 3, 2007.

1. Dec 5, 2007 at 9:11 PM
    Saguaro

Saguaro Member

Member:
    Rancho Palos Verdes, CA
    Vehicle:
    07 V6 6-spd 4WD Access Cab, TRD Off-Road Package, Super White, Suspension TSB
    I just picked up my truck this afternoon after having the leaf spring TSB upgrade done. It has four leafs on each side like it is supposed to.

Regarding having un-equal sets of springs between the left and right sides, the spring rates need to be equal on both sides of the truck. What would happen if there was a driver and a passenger sitting in the cab plus several hundred pounds of cargo evenly distributed in the bed area the way cargo is supposed to be distributed? Having un-equal spring rates could cause loss of control. I am surprised the service department at the dealership thought having four leafs on one side and three on the other was normal.

2. Dec 5, 2007 at 11:31 PM
    TuRDTACO

TuRDTACO Carolina Alliance: Midwest Firearms Division

Member:
    joliet, il
    Vehicle:
    HAD 07 TRD OFFROAD PRERUNNER
    small dent on the hood, new foglight bulb, roughed up bedliner, been smoked in, suspicious stains on the passenger seat, boogers on the drivers seat, dirty floor mats, girl doodles on the dirty windows, loose wiring
    well at least it got done the right way the second time.

3. Dec 6, 2007 at 1:43 PM
    tarik88

tarik88 [OP] Member

Member:
    NJ
    Vehicle:
    07 Tacoma Prerunner TRD SPORT
    yeahhhh.....i got my truck back today and they finally put 4 pack leafs on both sides..its look weird i really need to level it out now...they gave me new windshield wipers too :D.....

4. Dec 6, 2007 at 11:28 PM
    TuRDTACO

Member:
    joliet, il
    Vehicle:
    small dent on the hood, new foglight bulb, roughed up bedliner, been smoked in, suspicious stains on the passenger seat, boogers on the drivers seat, dirty floor mats, girl doodles on the dirty windows, loose wiring
    yea i need the front spacers on mine also, i have a couple bigass rocks in the bed now for traction purposes so it isn't sitting as high as it was when i picked it up from the dealer last week

5. Dec 7, 2007 at 3:09 AM
    Viper-2

Viper-2 Secret Agent

Member:
    First Name:
    Keith
    Charleston, SC
    Vehicle:
    Prerunner with many mods
    Thanks man! :)

6. Dec 7, 2007 at 11:30 PM
    TuRDTACO

Member:
    joliet, il
    Vehicle:
    you're welcome! oh, wait, i didn't have anything to do with this. sir, i retract my previous statement and graciously take back you being welcome. but if you need anything else, i'd be glad to give you my "two cents"...just don't ask too many questions cuz i'm strapped for cash right now :p

Products Discussed in

To Top