Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Rear leaf tsb completed

Old 12-05-2007, 10:11 PM   #21
Saguaro is on a distinguished road
Saguaro's Tacoma Gallery
I just picked up my truck this afternoon after having the leaf spring TSB upgrade done. It has four leafs on each side like it is supposed to.

Regarding having un-equal sets of springs between the left and right sides, the spring rates need to be equal on both sides of the truck. What would happen if there was a driver and a passenger sitting in the cab plus several hundred pounds of cargo evenly distributed in the bed area the way cargo is supposed to be distributed? Having un-equal spring rates could cause loss of control. I am surprised the service department at the dealership thought having four leafs on one side and three on the other was normal.
Old 12-06-2007, 12:31 AM   #22
Carolina Alliance: Midwest Firearms Division
TuRDTACO is on a distinguished road

TuRDTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to TuRDTACO
well at least it got done the right way the second time.
Old 12-06-2007, 02:43 PM   #23
tarik88 is on a distinguished road
tarik88's Tacoma Gallery
yeahhhh.....i got my truck back today and they finally put 4 pack leafs on both sides..its look weird i really need to level it out now...they gave me new windshield wipers too .....
Old 12-07-2007, 12:28 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarik88 View Post
yeahhhh.....i got my truck back today and they finally put 4 pack leafs on both sides..its look weird i really need to level it out now...they gave me new windshield wipers too .....
yea i need the front spacers on mine also, i have a couple bigass rocks in the bed now for traction purposes so it isn't sitting as high as it was when i picked it up from the dealer last week
Old 12-07-2007, 04:09 AM   #25
Secret Agent
Viper-2 will become famous soon enough
Viper-2's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janster View Post
I honestly don't know the details.... but back when I owned my 96 and got together with some PA TTORA folks - we installed lots of lifts for folks. All I know is - the drivers side coil is 'longer' (xtra winding). No official answer why. At the time - most of the tacoma folks just assumed because the engine bay had more components on the drivers side plus the gas tank (1st generation tacomas).

At the time - when folks installed lift kits, they were blessed with the *toyota lean* where the trucks didn't sit level after removing the stock components. I had Rancho 1.5" lift for years and switched to OME lift - and still had the toyota lean. I remember installing 1/4" thick spacer ontop the drivers side coil assembly just to help straighten it out.

I don't know if the new taco's have side specific coils or not. Anyone who has installed a spacer and/or had removed their coils can count the windings and know if one is longer than the other.
Thanks man!
Old 12-08-2007, 12:30 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper-2 View Post
Thanks man!
you're welcome! oh, wait, i didn't have anything to do with this. sir, i retract my previous statement and graciously take back you being welcome. but if you need anything else, i'd be glad to give you my "two cents"...just don't ask too many questions cuz i'm strapped for cash right now