1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Playing The Rebate - Next Years Model - Buy or Wait game.

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by IrishPilot, Jul 2, 2009.

1. Jul 2, 2009 at 12:29 PM
    IrishPilot

IrishPilot [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    MN
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD Off-Road 4x4 Double Cab
    Ugh. I so want to pull the trigger on an '09 DC 4x4 Sport. They are running the $1500 off the double cab until the 6th and Im ever so curious to see what would happen to the rebates etc. after that. Id hate to miss a $1500 opportunity. The wife thinks I should wait until the end of summer and try to play the "dealerships want to get rid of the 09's as the 10s are coming out" game. Ive done that before and was always taunted by limited supply issues.

The 2010s are due out around September etc. correct? Ive heard the ole saying "good things come to those who wait", but anyone have any insight on how to best position myself this time of year in regards to a new Tacoma purchase?

I know Tacomas arent flying off the local lot, but with every month my trade-in is depreciating, getting close to needing new tires, etc. Not to mention AWD-4x4 SUV-Truck sales go up I would imagine here in the midwest due to the looming winter months. With this economy though...how the hell knows what norms exist now.

Thoughts?

2. Jul 2, 2009 at 12:34 PM
    Delmarva

Delmarva Mayor of TW

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Tucson, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2013 4runner Limited Looking for a Taco
    It's the wife's T4R so it's stock
    I've been playing the rebate game since Feb on a new 09... not expecting to see those numbers again any time soon...

Rebate out here is only 1k, so 1.5k ain't too shabby...

3. Jul 2, 2009 at 1:26 PM
    steviestyles

steviestyles The "Search" tab is your friend!!

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Colorado Springs
    Vehicle:
    07 DC 4x4 TRD Off Road
    Bone Stock
    Be patient; especially if you currently have a serviceable car. I'll tell you this; not sure what state you're located in, but here in jersey, the end of the year deals aren't something to brag about. A $1500 rebate is about as good as it gets. I've saw a left over 2008 left on the lot of a Toyota dealer nearby, and they only knocked $2K off the price; not worth the $$ for a year old vehicle. Tacoma's do move around here though; probably different circumstances in your neck of the woods. Whatever, you know your circumstances, I will say this, I'd look now while there is a selection of 09's and buy what you want and your budget allows, but feel comfortable in your purchase. Toyota's hold their value because they don't offer those obscene rebates like the Big-3 and other imports like Kia and Hyundai do.

4. Jul 2, 2009 at 2:03 PM
    65tacodude

65tacodude Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Wade
    Manteno, IL
    Vehicle:
    '18 Tundra Platnium
    OEM running boards and roof rack. Yellow fog bulbs and WeatherTech mats and window visors.
    usually around the auto show season is a good time to buy too, but once you get that itch its hard to not scratch

5. Jul 2, 2009 at 2:04 PM
    65tacodude

65tacodude Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Wade
    Manteno, IL
    Vehicle:
    '18 Tundra Platnium
    OEM running boards and roof rack. Yellow fog bulbs and WeatherTech mats and window visors.
    when i bought mine to, i knew the finance guy and he said that toyota said they will not be running the zero percent again, soooo....

6. Jul 2, 2009 at 2:09 PM
    IrishPilot

IrishPilot [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    MN
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD Off-Road 4x4 Double Cab
    Usually though the cash rebates offer a better deal than the financing...at least thats what Ive found every time Ive considered both and compared the difference on Edmunds etc with the rates I can get with my credit. That goes out the door of course as soon as interest rates go through the roof in the coming year lol.

7. Jul 2, 2009 at 2:10 PM
    TX Tacoma

TX Tacoma Fightin Texas Aggie

Member:
    Arlington, TX
    I wouldn't be so concerned about $1000 vs $1500 rebates as I would about what interest rate you can get. I missed the 0% boat, but got 2.9%. Not sure what Toyota is offering right now. Something to think about.

9 times out of 10 when you calculate the total cost of the vehicle the interest rate is going to have a much larger impact on the cost than knocking a couple thousand off up front.

8. Jul 2, 2009 at 2:29 PM
    Canadianboy

Canadianboy Taco love in East Van

Member:
    First Name:
    James
    Vancouver, BC
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD Sport S/B 4x4 Auto in Mag Grey
    Icon Stage 3, Goodyear Duratracs and KMC Addicts!
    If you want the truck, just but it. If you wait, they may increase it another $500. But, they may also take it away, you never know. Buy it now, enjoy the truck and forget about it. Also, if you wait too long, you may have trouble finding the color/options that you want.

9. Jul 2, 2009 at 2:49 PM
    Evil Monkey

Evil Monkey There's an evil monkey in my truck

Member:
    First Name:
    Robert
    Escondido, CA
    Vehicle:
    07 4x4 DC SR5 TRD Off-road
    Weathertech front & rear mats, rear suspension TSB, Toytec AAL for TSB, Hi-Lift Jack, Bilstein 5100 & Toytec Adjustable coilovers, Built Right UCAs, KMC XD 795 Hoss Wheels, Definity Dakota MTs 285/75R16, Leer XR, Thule Tracker II & Thule MOAB basket
    I read somewhere to wait until the end of the quarter. They're usually more desperate to clear cars off the lot to make their numbers look good.

10. Jul 2, 2009 at 2:57 PM
    EricT

EricT Well-Known Member

Member:
    Arizona
    Vehicle:
    '09 4x4 shortbed TRD Sport
    Wait until they want to clear inventory, but not too long so they dont have many options left. My dealer wanted to clear inventory already, I heard the 10s are due in as early as august.

11. Jul 2, 2009 at 4:47 PM
    DriverSound

DriverSound Señor Member

Member:
    SoCaca
    Vehicle:
    2015 DCSB OR 4x4
    Too few to list.
    Last time I checked here in CA, the $1K rebate is typical. The most I've seen was a $2K rebate maybe a month or so ago. The longer you wait, the less selection there are. 2010 models usually don't have any kind of rebates until later and I believe the production numbers are less due to the market.

12. Jul 2, 2009 at 4:49 PM
    usctacoma

usctacoma Be a thinker, not a stinker

Member:
    Columbia, South Carolina
    Vehicle:
    05 PreRunner SR5 Doublecab
    Tint, Black Badges, Firestone Destination 265-70-17s, Weathertech Floor Liners, Sockmonkey decals, Flowmaster 40, Defiant light bar, 4 5" PIAA 540s, BHLM, 5100s @ .85, eibach springs, 1/4" Toytec spacer, 2" Toytec AAL, painted grill, UWS tool box
    1500 off is a pretty good deal. I would jump on it cause it you play the waiting game, what you want probably wont be there any more.

13. Jul 2, 2009 at 5:07 PM
    SubZombie

SubZombie Well-Known Member

Member:
    South East
    Vehicle:
    2019 Voodoo TRD Pro
    First post and all but wanted to say that I've got a 2009 DC 4x4 offroad on order to be here by the end of July and the dealer informed me yesterday that they found out the rebate for the rest of July will be staying the same ($1500), because I was getting my deposit back if it didn't. This is in the South East region though. He also said that normally whatever the July rebate is stays in place until all the current year models are sold.

14. Jul 2, 2009 at 5:55 PM
    Simon's Mom

Simon's Mom Wag More Bark Less

Member:
    First Name:
    Judy or Jude :)
    NEK Island Pond VT
    Vehicle:
    24 Tundra Trd Sport former 13 TRD OR
    Stock for now
    I bought a non-current model year & was able to get a great cash deal & 2.9 for 60.
    This was waaay past new model year. A March 30 2007 buy on a 2006 truck.
    Inventory was limited but my requirements were minimal...DC & 4WD.

Best of luck with your new purchase, shopping is an adventure :thumbsup:

15. Jul 3, 2009 at 12:22 AM
    powerban

powerban Well-Known Member

Member:
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    09 PreRunner DC LB Sport
    The rebate from may through june was 2k off for a double cab. Thats why i picked up a tacoma. After that, its set at its current 1500 off. Dont think it will go any higher than 2k anytime soon.

Products Discussed in

To Top