Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Playing The Rebate - Next Years Model - Buy or Wait game.

Old 07-02-2009, 12:29 PM   #1
IrishPilot is a splendid one to beholdIrishPilot is a splendid one to beholdIrishPilot is a splendid one to beholdIrishPilot is a splendid one to beholdIrishPilot is a splendid one to beholdIrishPilot is a splendid one to beholdIrishPilot is a splendid one to behold

IrishPilot's Tacoma Gallery
Playing The Rebate - Next Years Model - Buy or Wait game.

Ugh. I so want to pull the trigger on an '09 DC 4x4 Sport. They are running the $1500 off the double cab until the 6th and Im ever so curious to see what would happen to the rebates etc. after that. Id hate to miss a $1500 opportunity. The wife thinks I should wait until the end of summer and try to play the "dealerships want to get rid of the 09's as the 10s are coming out" game. Ive done that before and was always taunted by limited supply issues.

The 2010s are due out around September etc. correct? Ive heard the ole saying "good things come to those who wait", but anyone have any insight on how to best position myself this time of year in regards to a new Tacoma purchase?

I know Tacomas arent flying off the local lot, but with every month my trade-in is depreciating, getting close to needing new tires, etc. Not to mention AWD-4x4 SUV-Truck sales go up I would imagine here in the midwest due to the looming winter months. With this economy though...how the hell knows what norms exist now.

Thoughts?
Old 07-02-2009, 12:34 PM   #2
Mayor of TW
Delmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Vet
Name: Mike
Delmarva's Tacoma Gallery
I've been playing the rebate game since Feb on a new 09... not expecting to see those numbers again any time soon...

Rebate out here is only 1k, so 1.5k ain't too shabby...
Old 07-02-2009, 01:26 PM   #3
The "Search" tab is your friend!!
steviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force:
Name: Steve
steviestyles's Tacoma Gallery
Be patient; especially if you currently have a serviceable car. I'll tell you this; not sure what state you're located in, but here in jersey, the end of the year deals aren't something to brag about. A $1500 rebate is about as good as it gets. I've saw a left over 2008 left on the lot of a Toyota dealer nearby, and they only knocked $2K off the price; not worth the $$ for a year old vehicle. Tacoma's do move around here though; probably different circumstances in your neck of the woods. Whatever, you know your circumstances, I will say this, I'd look now while there is a selection of 09's and buy what you want and your budget allows, but feel comfortable in your purchase. Toyota's hold their value because they don't offer those obscene rebates like the Big-3 and other imports like Kia and Hyundai do.
Old 07-02-2009, 02:03 PM   #4
65tacodude is one of the sharper tools in the shed65tacodude is one of the sharper tools in the shed65tacodude is one of the sharper tools in the shed65tacodude is one of the sharper tools in the shed65tacodude is one of the sharper tools in the shed65tacodude is one of the sharper tools in the shed65tacodude is one of the sharper tools in the shed65tacodude is one of the sharper tools in the shed65tacodude is one of the sharper tools in the shed65tacodude is one of the sharper tools in the shed65tacodude is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Wade
65tacodude's Tacoma Gallery
usually around the auto show season is a good time to buy too, but once you get that itch its hard to not scratch
Old 07-02-2009, 02:04 PM   #5
65tacodude is one of the sharper tools in the shed65tacodude is one of the sharper tools in the shed65tacodude is one of the sharper tools in the shed65tacodude is one of the sharper tools in the shed65tacodude is one of the sharper tools in the shed65tacodude is one of the sharper tools in the shed65tacodude is one of the sharper tools in the shed65tacodude is one of the sharper tools in the shed65tacodude is one of the sharper tools in the shed65tacodude is one of the sharper tools in the shed65tacodude is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Wade
65tacodude's Tacoma Gallery
when i bought mine to, i knew the finance guy and he said that toyota said they will not be running the zero percent again, soooo....
Old 07-02-2009, 02:09 PM   #6
IrishPilot is a splendid one to beholdIrishPilot is a splendid one to beholdIrishPilot is a splendid one to beholdIrishPilot is a splendid one to beholdIrishPilot is a splendid one to beholdIrishPilot is a splendid one to beholdIrishPilot is a splendid one to behold

IrishPilot's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 65tacodude View Post
when i bought mine to, i knew the finance guy and he said that toyota said they will not be running the zero percent again, soooo....
Usually though the cash rebates offer a better deal than the financing...at least thats what Ive found every time Ive considered both and compared the difference on Edmunds etc with the rates I can get with my credit. That goes out the door of course as soon as interest rates go through the roof in the coming year lol.
Old 07-02-2009, 02:10 PM   #7
Fightin Texas Aggie
TX Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTX Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTX Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTX Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTX Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTX Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTX Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTX Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTX Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTX Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTX Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TX Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
I wouldn't be so concerned about $1000 vs $1500 rebates as I would about what interest rate you can get. I missed the 0% boat, but got 2.9%. Not sure what Toyota is offering right now. Something to think about.

9 times out of 10 when you calculate the total cost of the vehicle the interest rate is going to have a much larger impact on the cost than knocking a couple thousand off up front.
Old 07-02-2009, 02:29 PM   #8
Taco love in East Van
Canadianboy has a spectacular aura aboutCanadianboy has a spectacular aura aboutCanadianboy has a spectacular aura about

Name: James
Canadianboy's Tacoma Gallery
If you want the truck, just but it. If you wait, they may increase it another $500. But, they may also take it away, you never know. Buy it now, enjoy the truck and forget about it. Also, if you wait too long, you may have trouble finding the color/options that you want.
Old 07-02-2009, 02:49 PM   #9
There's an evil monkey in my truck
Evil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Tradevman (flight simulator tech), Aviation Electrician (F-14a), Computer Scientist(civ)
Name: Robert
Evil Monkey's Tacoma Gallery
I read somewhere to wait until the end of the quarter. They're usually more desperate to clear cars off the lot to make their numbers look good.
Old 07-02-2009, 02:57 PM   #10
EricT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricT is one of the sharper tools in the shed
EricT's Tacoma Gallery
Wait until they want to clear inventory, but not too long so they dont have many options left. My dealer wanted to clear inventory already, I heard the 10s are due in as early as august.
Old 07-02-2009, 04:47 PM   #11
Señor Member
DriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shed

DriverSound's Tacoma Gallery
Last time I checked here in CA, the $1K rebate is typical. The most I've seen was a $2K rebate maybe a month or so ago. The longer you wait, the less selection there are. 2010 models usually don't have any kind of rebates until later and I believe the production numbers are less due to the market.
Old 07-02-2009, 04:49 PM   #12
Be a thinker, not a stinker
usctacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedusctacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedusctacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedusctacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedusctacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedusctacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedusctacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedusctacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedusctacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedusctacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedusctacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

usctacoma's Tacoma Gallery
1500 off is a pretty good deal. I would jump on it cause it you play the waiting game, what you want probably wont be there any more.
Old 07-02-2009, 05:07 PM   #13
SubZombie is a jewel in the roughSubZombie is a jewel in the roughSubZombie is a jewel in the roughSubZombie is a jewel in the rough
SubZombie's Tacoma Gallery
First post and all but wanted to say that I've got a 2009 DC 4x4 offroad on order to be here by the end of July and the dealer informed me yesterday that they found out the rebate for the rest of July will be staying the same ($1500), because I was getting my deposit back if it didn't. This is in the South East region though. He also said that normally whatever the July rebate is stays in place until all the current year models are sold.
Old 07-02-2009, 05:55 PM   #14
Wag More Bark Less
Simon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Retired 1983-2007 Signal O4
Name: Judy or Jude :)
Simon's Mom's Tacoma Gallery
I bought a non-current model year & was able to get a great cash deal & 2.9 for 60.
This was waaay past new model year. A March 30 2007 buy on a 2006 truck.
Inventory was limited but my requirements were minimal...DC & 4WD.

Best of luck with your new purchase, shopping is an adventure
Old 07-03-2009, 12:22 AM   #15
powerban is on a distinguished road
powerban's Tacoma Gallery
The rebate from may through june was 2k off for a double cab. Thats why i picked up a tacoma. After that, its set at its current 1500 off. Dont think it will go any higher than 2k anytime soon.