Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Got A Few Mods Checked Off The List

Old 07-02-2009, 02:21 PM   #1
If The World Didn't Suck, We'd All Fall Off
Rocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
Rocketball's Tacoma Gallery
Got A Few Mods Checked Off The List

Got a few new mods checked off the list over the past 3-4 weeks and it's time to post some pics.

Mod #1:

Did the smoked tail lights with 2 light coats of VHT Nite Shades. Put on 4 coats of clear, wet sanded from 400 to 1,600 grit, and then buffed with Turtle Wax liquid polish and my Mothers Powerball, and then waxed. Turned out smoooooth as glass.

Mod #2:

Did the BHLM, only this time the "B", stands for BLUE. I bought 3 cans of color matched paint and painted the reflectors in the headlights to match the body color. Sanded all chrome from the reflectors with 600 grit sand paper, shot 2 light coats of adhesion promoter, and 2 coats of color to match the body. No clear coat since it protected inside the lens. In a few pics, the color looks a bit darker than the factory paiont, but it's just the way the sun is reflecting off of the paint.

Mod #3:

While I had the rattle cans handy painting the headlights, I decided to paint the engine cover to match the body paint as well. Very easy mod. Cleaned it up with paper towels and denatured alcohol, taped off what I wanted to keep black, shot 2 coats of adhesion promoter, 3 coats of Speedway Blue metallic, and 2 coats of clear. No wet sanding here, it's under the hood. This pic was taken while it was still baking in the sun to get the paint good and cured before reinstalling.

Old 07-02-2009, 02:25 PM   #4
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Dude those headlights look sic! I love the color matching! Nice job
Old 07-02-2009, 02:25 PM   #5
Living vicariously through myself
mjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Milton Juevos Portimous II
mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
Headlights look killer. Great job!
Old 07-02-2009, 02:41 PM   #8
Sorry for party rockin'
TacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dunk
TacticalBacon13's Tacoma Gallery
head lights look good dood. where did you purchase your paint at?
Old 07-02-2009, 02:44 PM   #9
Rocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcgrednek3006 View Post
head lights look good dood. where did you purchase your paint at?
Ummm, ebay. Seriously. Do an ebay search on your paint code. There's a guy in Ca that is selling factory matched paint in rattle cans for about $18 + shipping. I bough 3 cans.
Old 07-02-2009, 02:45 PM   #10
Stayed Up Too Late
Untamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 0311-Bravo 1/23 4th Mar. Div. Reserves
Name: Adam
Untamed_SS's Tacoma Gallery
Your headlights are ballin. I want them.

Engine cover is sweet. Did mine pretty much just like that.

Tails look awesome as well.
Old 07-02-2009, 02:51 PM   #12
EricT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricT is one of the sharper tools in the shed
EricT's Tacoma Gallery
Ooh, nice on the color match. I'm ordering some cans of my own paint, might as well do the same! Very well done sir!
Old 07-02-2009, 03:11 PM   #13
Be a thinker, not a stinker
usctacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedusctacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedusctacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedusctacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedusctacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedusctacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedusctacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedusctacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedusctacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedusctacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedusctacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

usctacoma's Tacoma Gallery
sharp lookin truck. I like the black badges with the somked tailights. Looks real good together.
Old 07-02-2009, 03:13 PM   #14
ride BMX!
littledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
littledvl's Tacoma Gallery
Man your truck looks awesome, I like the color matched headlights. How much would ya charge to tint another set of tail lights? Yours are some of the best ones iv seen.
Old 07-02-2009, 03:16 PM   #15
MUDFISH is a name known to allMUDFISH is a name known to allMUDFISH is a name known to allMUDFISH is a name known to allMUDFISH is a name known to allMUDFISH is a name known to all

MUDFISH's Tacoma Gallery
Love the headlights... the rest of the truck looks great as well...

VERY nice work...
Old 07-02-2009, 03:34 PM   #16
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
damn nice job on the mods man!
Old 07-02-2009, 03:36 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by littledvl View Post
Man your truck looks awesome, I like the color matched headlights. How much would ya charge to tint another set of tail lights? Yours are some of the best ones iv seen.
When you're ready let me know. I'd be happy to do this for ya....
Old 07-02-2009, 03:39 PM   #18
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
DeeKay21's Tacoma Gallery
Great job!!! Yeah those tails look sweet!! One of the clearest ones I've seen so far!!!
Old 07-02-2009, 03:52 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by WW_FIREFIGHTER View Post
Great job!!! Yeah those tails look sweet!! One of the clearest ones I've seen so far!!!
I wasn't happy with them at first. They weren't shiney at all. I got out all of the orange peal, but I just couldn't get them to buff out to a high gloss.

Then I remembered I had a Mother's PowerBall. I got myself some liquid polishing compound and went back to work. Within minutes they were as shiney as a new penny, even without the coat of wax. It was an amazing transformation.......
Old 07-02-2009, 06:11 PM   #20
Yotas For Life!
06RedComa is one of the sharper tools in the shed06RedComa is one of the sharper tools in the shed06RedComa is one of the sharper tools in the shed06RedComa is one of the sharper tools in the shed06RedComa is one of the sharper tools in the shed06RedComa is one of the sharper tools in the shed06RedComa is one of the sharper tools in the shed06RedComa is one of the sharper tools in the shed06RedComa is one of the sharper tools in the shed06RedComa is one of the sharper tools in the shed06RedComa is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kyle
06RedComa's Tacoma Gallery
Looks great! Never really liked the color matched headlights but you pull it off very well and the tails look second to none. Next mod you might want to look into changing that 24 sticker to a 14 haha nice work though