Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Tundra Cleats

Old 07-02-2009, 02:26 PM   #1
jcayce has much to be proud ofjcayce has much to be proud ofjcayce has much to be proud ofjcayce has much to be proud ofjcayce has much to be proud ofjcayce has much to be proud ofjcayce has much to be proud ofjcayce has much to be proud ofjcayce has much to be proud of
jcayce's Tacoma Gallery
Tundra Cleats

It is towards the end of week 3 with the new Tacoma (09 TRD DC Pyrite) and nothing but good news so far. I don't mind the rear springs, yet, and I have adapted to the automatic. It really did not take much and seems rather smooth now.

This morning I added two leftover Yakima Blockheads to the utility track. I had some 1" x 1/4" aluminum stock hanging around so I used that. All I had to do was cut two pieces for each bike mount and add stainless carriage bolts, washers, and nuts: done deal. Yes a thief with the proper wrench will be off with my bike mount and bike, but a thief with any proper tools will make off with whatever I keep in the bed.

I also added some leftover tie-downs from my wife's old Xterra.

http://www.courtesyparts.com/nissan-...th=533_536_708&

Don't get me wrong, I would never pay $30.00 for some tie downs, they were leftover. I hit the sides of the rectangular 'nut' with a grinder so that they were 1" and now I have 4 extra tie downs in the bed.

Yesterday I unwrapped the cleats to use and was immediately dissapointed in their plastic, toy-like quality. Has anyone tried using the Tundra cleats? Are the rails the same?

In regards to the Tacoma, there are three reasons that I know I love my new truck:

1. I'm keeping track of how many people ask me what color it is (18 as of today).
2. I went apeshit on some jerk in a Jeep forum that told me it was an 'appliance' not a vehicle.
3. I take a double-take as I walk away no matter where I park it.

Feel like a damn kid again.
Old 07-02-2009, 03:59 PM   #2
jla888 is on a distinguished road
jla888's Tacoma Gallery
tundra cleats are the same. picked up a set nip on ebay for $12 shipped.