1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Tail Light measurement

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by TRDTURD, Jul 2, 2009.

1. Jul 2, 2009 at 4:32 PM
    TRDTURD

TRDTURD [OP] Love My Tacoma!

Member:
    Vehicle:
    09 PreRunner TRD
    Hey guys I am out of town so I dont have my car with me. I was wondering, what are the dimensions of the 2009 tacoma's tail lights? I was wondering because I am getting some tail light film for it.

2. Jul 2, 2009 at 6:30 PM
    brian

brian Another Traitor

Member:
    Elizabeth City, NC
    Vehicle:
    2017 F-250 Powerstroke
    Why not just get bulk tint and cut to fit?

Please take pics when you do, and tell us what percentage you use, I'm thinking about do a very very mild tint on my tails and heads.

3. Jul 2, 2009 at 6:38 PM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    You are going to use flim for the tails?? Doesn't it have to go on the outside??

4. Jul 2, 2009 at 6:44 PM
    TRDTURD

Member:
    Vehicle:
    09 PreRunner TRD

Well I dont want to get too much or too little. I decided to go with VHT NightShade spray on tint. It looks really nice from what I can see in pictures. I will definately be sure to post pics. My dad's E46 has the darkest tail light tint from stickercity.com and his lights are still bright as hell. I would definately recommend either stickercity.com or lamin-x.com for vinyl films. But for Spray on tint go with eBay.

And Brunes, I installed the tail light tint on my dad's E46. All Film goes on the outside so you keep the original sheen of the film. because the inside of the film would look gummy and not right.

Ill try to dig up a pic of the tint.

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  5. Jul 2, 2009 at 6:47 PM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    How well did it remain adhered and weather??

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  6. Jul 2, 2009 at 6:56 PM
    TRDTURD

Member:
    Vehicle:
    09 PreRunner TRD

It has been on for about 4 months or so if I remember correctly, And it sticks on like a champ. I got precut and sized for this car, but if I could do it all over again I would just get a large sheet and cut it out in the end.

Here is a pic.
    2831_1144157004793_1253543737_37871_90bbcfad9a6844e739aa02cf2b0ff5c567e82161.jpg

Products Discussed in

To Top