Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Tail Light measurement

Old 07-02-2009, 04:32 PM   #1
Love My Tacoma!
TRDTURD is on a distinguished road

TRDTURD's Tacoma Gallery
Tail Light measurement

Hey guys I am out of town so I dont have my car with me. I was wondering, what are the dimensions of the 2009 tacoma's tail lights? I was wondering because I am getting some tail light film for it.
Old 07-02-2009, 06:30 PM   #2
Bah Humshit!
brian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Work and Fly on the Four Fans of Freedom
brian's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to brian
Why not just get bulk tint and cut to fit?

Please take pics when you do, and tell us what percentage you use, I'm thinking about do a very very mild tint on my tails and heads.
Old 07-02-2009, 06:44 PM   #4
Love My Tacoma!

TRDTURD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by briangp View Post
Why not just get bulk tint and cut to fit?

Please take pics when you do, and tell us what percentage you use, I'm thinking about do a very very mild tint on my tails and heads.

Well I dont want to get too much or too little. I decided to go with VHT NightShade spray on tint. It looks really nice from what I can see in pictures. I will definately be sure to post pics. My dad's E46 has the darkest tail light tint from stickercity.com and his lights are still bright as hell. I would definately recommend either stickercity.com or lamin-x.com for vinyl films. But for Spray on tint go with eBay.

And Brunes, I installed the tail light tint on my dad's E46. All Film goes on the outside so you keep the original sheen of the film. because the inside of the film would look gummy and not right.

Ill try to dig up a pic of the tint.
Old 07-02-2009, 06:47 PM   #5
abides.
Brunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: LT- CG MH-65C/D Driver- CGAS NOLA
Name: Mark
Brunes's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Brunes
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRDTURD View Post
Well I dont want to get too much or too little. I decided to go with VHT NightShade spray on tint. It looks really nice from what I can see in pictures. I will definately be sure to post pics. My dad's E46 has the darkest tail light tint from stickercity.com and his lights are still bright as hell. I would definately recommend either stickercity.com or lamin-x.com for vinyl films. But for Spray on tint go with eBay.

And Brunes, I installed the tail light tint on my dad's E46. All Film goes on the outside so you keep the original sheen of the film. because the inside of the film would look gummy and not right.

Ill try to dig up a pic of the tint.
How well did it remain adhered and weather??
Old 07-02-2009, 06:56 PM   #6
Love My Tacoma!

TRDTURD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunes View Post
How well did it remain adhered and weather??

It has been on for about 4 months or so if I remember correctly, And it sticks on like a champ. I got precut and sized for this car, but if I could do it all over again I would just get a large sheet and cut it out in the end.

Here is a pic.