1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

OEM 7-pin wiring

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by 8th sin, Jul 2, 2009.

1. Jul 2, 2009 at 6:07 PM
    8th sin

8th sin [OP] Swollen Member

Member:
    Tampa, FL
    Vehicle:
    2015 DCLB 4x4 Sport
    Llumar CTX Tint, Grillcraft MX Upper, Pro Comp Rockwell 5034 17x8.5, Nitto Terra Grappler G2 LT285/70/17, Icon Stage III
    I have recently purchased an OEM hitch receiver and plug. I am looking to wire up the 7-pin plug as OEM as possible. I know there is a separate harness for the trailer plug, that I assume runs up to the engine bay. However I have seen things about certain trucks not having a 23P conenctor to plug into. Does anyone know anything about this connector, or where it is located? If I have to wire things up myself, I can but I'd rather just buy the harness if at all possible.

Also, I'd assume I don't have the pigtail in the cabin for the brake controller as well correct?

2. Jul 2, 2009 at 7:10 PM
    The_Hodge

The_Hodge Volunteer Moderator

Member:
    SC
    Vehicle:
    15 Lariat Sport 5.0L
    Seeing the third gen section forced me to get a Ford...

check at the bumper for the connector. my 7 pin has less than 2' of wires and goes into a connector at the rear drivers side just in front of the bumper at the bottom of the bed. i hope this is what ur talking about

3. Jul 2, 2009 at 7:25 PM
    8th sin

8th sin [OP] Swollen Member

Member:
    Tampa, FL
    Vehicle:
    2015 DCLB 4x4 Sport
    Llumar CTX Tint, Grillcraft MX Upper, Pro Comp Rockwell 5034 17x8.5, Nitto Terra Grappler G2 LT285/70/17, Icon Stage III
    I checked there, there is loom but no open connector. I need the harness that goes from the pigtail up to the front of the truck.

after a little more research, i sounds like there is a different harness that will give you a 4 pin and is readily available from a dealer. At $150 though it would be much easier to go with an aftermarket harness. I can run 12v to the back myself and wire up the brake controller later if I ever need to.

Products Discussed in

To Top