Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

OEM 7-pin wiring

Old 07-02-2009, 06:07 PM   #1
Swollen Member
8th sin is one of the sharper tools in the shed8th sin is one of the sharper tools in the shed8th sin is one of the sharper tools in the shed8th sin is one of the sharper tools in the shed8th sin is one of the sharper tools in the shed8th sin is one of the sharper tools in the shed8th sin is one of the sharper tools in the shed8th sin is one of the sharper tools in the shed8th sin is one of the sharper tools in the shed8th sin is one of the sharper tools in the shed8th sin is one of the sharper tools in the shed

8th sin's Tacoma Gallery
OEM 7-pin wiring

I have recently purchased an OEM hitch receiver and plug. I am looking to wire up the 7-pin plug as OEM as possible. I know there is a separate harness for the trailer plug, that I assume runs up to the engine bay. However I have seen things about certain trucks not having a 23P conenctor to plug into. Does anyone know anything about this connector, or where it is located? If I have to wire things up myself, I can but I'd rather just buy the harness if at all possible.

Also, I'd assume I don't have the pigtail in the cabin for the brake controller as well correct?
Old 07-02-2009, 07:10 PM   #2
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8th sin View Post
I have recently purchased an OEM hitch receiver and plug. I am looking to wire up the 7-pin plug as OEM as possible. I know there is a separate harness for the trailer plug, that I assume runs up to the engine bay. However I have seen things about certain trucks not having a 23P conenctor to plug into. Does anyone know anything about this connector, or where it is located? If I have to wire things up myself, I can but I'd rather just buy the harness if at all possible.

Also, I'd assume I don't have the pigtail in the cabin for the brake controller as well correct?

check at the bumper for the connector. my 7 pin has less than 2' of wires and goes into a connector at the rear drivers side just in front of the bumper at the bottom of the bed. i hope this is what ur talking about
Old 07-02-2009, 07:25 PM   #3
Swollen Member
8th sin is one of the sharper tools in the shed8th sin is one of the sharper tools in the shed8th sin is one of the sharper tools in the shed8th sin is one of the sharper tools in the shed8th sin is one of the sharper tools in the shed8th sin is one of the sharper tools in the shed8th sin is one of the sharper tools in the shed8th sin is one of the sharper tools in the shed8th sin is one of the sharper tools in the shed8th sin is one of the sharper tools in the shed8th sin is one of the sharper tools in the shed

8th sin's Tacoma Gallery
I checked there, there is loom but no open connector. I need the harness that goes from the pigtail up to the front of the truck.

after a little more research, i sounds like there is a different harness that will give you a 4 pin and is readily available from a dealer. At $150 though it would be much easier to go with an aftermarket harness. I can run 12v to the back myself and wire up the brake controller later if I ever need to.