1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

The great debate: What to do...

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by i30nes, Jul 2, 2009.

1. Jul 2, 2009 at 7:12 PM
    i30nes

i30nes [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Tampa Palms, FL
    Vehicle:
    08 PreRunner SR5 Impulse Red
    De-badged, Grillcraft grille w/ devil horns. Work in progress :)
    So I have "trolling" this forum for a while... Offering what small wisdom I may have, which honestly in this realm is no wheres near anyone elses.. However that is why we are all hear, to learn and appreciate the things people do to their beloved trucks.

I know when the question of "What should I do next to my truck?" pops up the general consensus is usually: Do what you want to do to make it yours.

When I start this project I will take some before pictures and make a thread about this slow build up. However till then I would like to pose these couple of questions in hopes of picking the brains of some of the regulars around here.

As of right now it sits as an Impulse Red 2wd PreRunner.

Goals:
    DeBadge
    Removal of chrome grill surround for color matched
    New wheels/tires
    Lift?

So in regards to the questions about this list my biggest ones are on the lift and the wheels/tires.

I have looked around and looked around and it's worse than being a 6 year old in a toy store and told you can only get one thing. I have been looking at the FJ Trail Team wheels. I was very intrigued by the matte black versions or the anthracite. I figured the matte black would look better with the darker red.

Now the lift, to be brutally honest is where I have no clue... If someone might be able to provide some insight as to what would be the better of the options that would be great. Since its only a 2wd and the most it will see of some offroad is going to atv trails, or some flat wooded areas I wouldn't need an extreme lift. I was thinkin in regards to a 3-3.5" if possible? I saw pictures of 1BLKT Budget build and liked the stance, however it seemed to be a bit too tall for what I hope to achieve with mine in the future.

So my question is this for the lift. I know everyone raves over the Billies 5100 setup, however I read that when you max it to the 3" the ride quality goes down tremendously. So is there a way to get 3-3.5" without sacrificing the ride quality drastically?

So thanks for all the input for those that do, and thanks to everyone for giving everyone ideas as to what the next "project" might be:proposetoast:

2. Jul 2, 2009 at 7:22 PM
    BUZZ5

BUZZ5 Well-Known Member

Member:
    S.Carolina
    Vehicle:
    07 Prerunner DC TRD Sport
    Many
    Good luck finding some Trail Team black wheels without paying out the wazoo for them.Get the anthracite & powdercoat them black.Some TC spindles with Billies at stock setting should get the lift you want & maintain good ride.The debadge & grill is easy & info. can be found w/search.

3. Jul 2, 2009 at 7:49 PM
    i30nes

i30nes [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Tampa Palms, FL
    Vehicle:
    08 PreRunner SR5 Impulse Red
    De-badged, Grillcraft grille w/ devil horns. Work in progress :)
    I got the fishing line already for the debadge session. I have heard that about that colored wheel. I will have to ask around to see where I can get them at without getting reemed.

Products Discussed in

To Top