Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

The 4.0 has some jam!

Old 07-03-2009, 08:38 AM   #21
Gone But Not Forgotten
ImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Susan
ImpulseRed008's Tacoma Gallery
I like mine especially when there's only a SMALL break in traffic and I HAVE to get on the road I hate making people slow down for me, so, she gets some gas and man does she go
Old 07-03-2009, 09:09 AM   #22
Banned
DdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Crazy
DdayIsNear's Tacoma Gallery
someone mentions needing th ebrake to burnout, even on turns..nonsense..i can do it all the time on turns ,,, littel fishtail here and there to keep my senses fresh...hahahaa, but yeah,as i puller her out thelot, squealled the tires.and loved it ever since...very impressed with the power of the 4.0.

as far as cai - is trd as good as any??
Old 07-03-2009, 09:43 AM   #23
Bah Humshit!
brian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Work and Fly on the Four Fans of Freedom
brian's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to brian
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Duckman View Post
Yeah it runs wel...until you hit the rev limiter. Hit mine the first week of ownership...There went my gentle break-in I suppose..?
Yikes. I don't think I'd ever redline a V6. I redline my honda's all the time, lil 4 bangers can take it... I don't know about bigger motors though. That's alot of metal moving really fast. I guess having an automatic keeps me from ever redlining it.
Old 07-03-2009, 09:46 AM   #24
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by briangp View Post
Yikes. I don't think I'd ever redline a V6. I redline my honda's all the time, lil 4 bangers can take it... I don't know about bigger motors though. That's alot of metal moving really fast. I guess having an automatic keeps me from ever redlining it.
The rev limiters are set pretty low. Piston speed is well in the good range, even at 5500 rpm.
Old 07-03-2009, 10:41 AM   #25
Mandy3206 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMandy3206 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMandy3206 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMandy3206 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMandy3206 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMandy3206 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMandy3206 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMandy3206 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMandy3206 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMandy3206 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMandy3206 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Mandy3206's Tacoma Gallery
Cool

Would this be considered pushing it to far, sorry no tires, just Toyo ATs 4lo and locker on

Old 07-03-2009, 10:42 AM   #26
ClemsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedClemsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedClemsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedClemsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedClemsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedClemsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedClemsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedClemsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedClemsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedClemsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedClemsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army: Army Guard 31B
Name: Cam
ClemsonTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DdayIsNear View Post
someone mentions needing th ebrake to burnout, even on turns..nonsense..i can do it all the time on turns ,,, littel fishtail here and there to keep my senses fresh...hahahaa, but yeah,as i puller her out thelot, squealled the tires.and loved it ever since...very impressed with the power of the 4.0.

as far as cai - is trd as good as any??
how? i cant get my truck to drift? well idk how so....
Old 07-03-2009, 12:32 PM   #27
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandy3206 View Post
Would this be considered pushing it to far, sorry no tires, just Toyo ATs 4lo and locker on

Thats how I did it in my 2000. WOT, 4Hi, and second gear.....running 6+ psi boost.
Old 07-03-2009, 01:08 PM   #28
Poodoo
luk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Lucas
luk8272's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandy3206 View Post

I would use 4hi for that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClemsonTacoma View Post
how? i cant get my truck to drift? well idk how so....
I don't think you should be drifting a truck. But you do it by spinning the tires and turning. You have to use controled slippage, and control everything with the gas pedal.
Old 07-03-2009, 02:25 PM   #29
ClemsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedClemsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedClemsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedClemsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedClemsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedClemsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedClemsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedClemsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedClemsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedClemsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedClemsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army: Army Guard 31B
Name: Cam
ClemsonTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by luk8272 View Post
I would use 4hi for that.

I don't think you should be drifting a truck. But you do it by spinning the tires and turning. You have to use controled slippage, and control everything with the gas pedal.
i was thinking about drifting like around corners at like 20mph, i do do that ^already
Old 07-03-2009, 03:38 PM   #30
09 but I drive a 012 Expedition...
tacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff...I'm pretty sure
tacoholic's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to tacoholic
Definitely glad to hear this! Great peace of mind to know it f**king goes when you need it.

Off topic though, can it pull a lane change at 75-80 and then keep going with slight powersliding?
I got a friend who's dad has an 07 MDX with the Sport package and SH-AWD and that shit is raw! Best crossover by far on the market.
Old 07-03-2009, 08:30 PM   #31
Bah Humshit!
brian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Work and Fly on the Four Fans of Freedom
brian's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to brian
Yeah so I just went for a ride in my buddys STI tonight.... think I might ditch the URD supercharger and just go for the damn STI.... holllyyyy shitt that thing is like a roller coaster ride!
Old 07-03-2009, 08:34 PM   #32
abides.
Brunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: LT- CG MH-65C/D Driver- CGAS NOLA
Name: Mark
Brunes's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Brunes
Quote:
Originally Posted by briangp View Post
Yeah so I just went for a ride in my buddys STI tonight.... think I might ditch the URD supercharger and just go for the damn STI.... holllyyyy shitt that thing is like a roller coaster ride!
STIs are great...until the driver gets stuck in 2 inches of dirt. "Don't worry man-I've got all wheel drive" My friends last words-about 5 mins before I tugged him out.
Old 07-03-2009, 10:16 PM   #33
Slowpokeologist
AZFizik has a spectacular aura aboutAZFizik has a spectacular aura aboutAZFizik has a spectacular aura about

Name: James
AZFizik's Tacoma Gallery

Yeah, the 4.0 does have some gusto....
Old 07-03-2009, 10:25 PM   #34
NMG is a name known to allNMG is a name known to allNMG is a name known to allNMG is a name known to allNMG is a name known to allNMG is a name known to all

NMG's Tacoma Gallery
I had to do a highway run today and was dissapointed that I didn't need to pass anyone. I figured my wife would think I was nuts if I started passing phantom cars . . . LOL
Old 07-03-2009, 10:30 PM   #35
Iron Beard
Kyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jake
Kyouto42's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Kyouto42 Send a message via MSN to Kyouto42
Yea, I do this from practically every light. I can't help it.
Old 07-04-2009, 12:01 AM   #36
Taos1 is on a distinguished road

Taos1's Tacoma Gallery
I had to use the power the other night to pass this dipshit in front of me. He merged into my lane from the right and then started to slow down. So I went to the left lane to pass and he accelerated and he moved in front of me again. This asshole kept doing the same thing 3 times so I gunned it and past him and did the same to him. 11pm on my way home from my 2nd job, almost no traffic and this f@#tard had to mess with me.
I love the power of this truck. Even though he was driving a minivan, I could hear him trying to accelerate when I was passing him.