LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

The 4.0 has some jam!

Old 07-02-2009, 10:29 PM   #1
NMG is a name known to allNMG is a name known to allNMG is a name known to allNMG is a name known to allNMG is a name known to allNMG is a name known to all

NMG's Tacoma Gallery
The 4.0 has some jam!

So I'm heading out to get gas tonight and in a spur of the moment type thing, after checking that no other vehicles were around, I figure "what the heck" and I mat the gas after turning onto the highway and OMFG did the truck ever take off!

I typically drive really conservatively and try to get the best mileage I can, but once in a while I suppose you have to let the truck run as well. Well damn can she ever run, LOL I did let off as soon as I got up to the speed limit but man did it ever get there quick. I really wasn't expecting THAT much, but mark me down as impressed.

I know this isn't anything you folks don't already know, but I figured it felt cool enough to post.
Old 07-02-2009, 10:38 PM   #3
needs to stop cruising Buy/Sell/Trade....
jefferson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjefferson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjefferson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjefferson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjefferson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjefferson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjefferson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjefferson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjefferson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjefferson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjefferson is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sex Panther
jefferson's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to jefferson
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdkeller View Post
I tend to do that.....like every other day
+2.

I remember wehn i first got it and mashed the skinny.. i was so happy! I mean.. i know it can burn out cause theres no weight back there... BUT I CAN BURN OUT.. so i'm happy.
Old 07-02-2009, 10:39 PM   #4
Kylie's dad
WilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
WilsonTheDog's Tacoma Gallery
Yup, it has balls. Nothing wrong with giving it a little go juice every now and then.
Old 07-02-2009, 10:40 PM   #5
Living vicariously through mjp2
eordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ed
eordonez's Tacoma Gallery
+3, kills my mileage..... LOL
Old 07-02-2009, 10:56 PM   #6
Bah Humshit!
brian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Work and Fly on the Four Fans of Freedom
brian's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to brian
+4 not quite as fast now with the bigger tires, but still gets up to 60 nice and quick!
Old 07-02-2009, 10:59 PM   #7
T-rev is one of the sharper tools in the shedT-rev is one of the sharper tools in the shedT-rev is one of the sharper tools in the shedT-rev is one of the sharper tools in the shedT-rev is one of the sharper tools in the shedT-rev is one of the sharper tools in the shedT-rev is one of the sharper tools in the shedT-rev is one of the sharper tools in the shedT-rev is one of the sharper tools in the shedT-rev is one of the sharper tools in the shedT-rev is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T-rev's Tacoma Gallery
Mine used to be pretty peppy but with the lift and tires it takes about 9.5 seconds to get it to 60
Old 07-02-2009, 11:12 PM   #8
TheSchwartz has much to be proud ofTheSchwartz has much to be proud ofTheSchwartz has much to be proud ofTheSchwartz has much to be proud ofTheSchwartz has much to be proud ofTheSchwartz has much to be proud ofTheSchwartz has much to be proud ofTheSchwartz has much to be proud ofTheSchwartz has much to be proud of

Navy: Equipment Operator 1st class
Name: Aaron
TheSchwartz's Tacoma Gallery
i give mine hell more then i should bc i know it will preform
Old 07-02-2009, 11:17 PM   #9
I KEEEEEL YOU
Burgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Stephen
Burgman's Tacoma Gallery
was trying burnouts tonite wasnt satisfied has to hold the brake to leave a mark even when turning
Old 07-02-2009, 11:27 PM   #10
Bah Humshit!
brian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Work and Fly on the Four Fans of Freedom
brian's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to brian
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-rev View Post
Mine used to be pretty peppy but with the lift and tires it takes about 9.5 seconds to get it to 60
Time for a tuneup or something, damn!
Old 07-02-2009, 11:52 PM   #11
T-rev is one of the sharper tools in the shedT-rev is one of the sharper tools in the shedT-rev is one of the sharper tools in the shedT-rev is one of the sharper tools in the shedT-rev is one of the sharper tools in the shedT-rev is one of the sharper tools in the shedT-rev is one of the sharper tools in the shedT-rev is one of the sharper tools in the shedT-rev is one of the sharper tools in the shedT-rev is one of the sharper tools in the shedT-rev is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T-rev's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by briangp View Post
Time for a tuneup or something, damn!
Everything seems to be running pristine with the motor, but my flowmaster could be slowing me down a bit hopefully the TRD intake can fix that
Old 07-03-2009, 12:04 AM   #12
StandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Prior service. KC135 Crew Chief
Name: John
StandingCow's Tacoma Gallery
Really fun to jam it with a manual, pretty damn peppy.
Old 07-03-2009, 05:33 AM   #14
Poser Truck
jandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jandrews's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah, even the stock 4.0Ls go very well for a vehicle this size. I had the TRD CAI and CatBack put one for a little extra umph. I am now considering, sometime in the next year or two, bolting on the super-C.

That was one of the main selling points for the Taco for me over other trucks I shopped - a lot more responsive at all throttle levels.
Old 07-03-2009, 05:36 AM   #15
Old Duckman is a splendid one to beholdOld Duckman is a splendid one to beholdOld Duckman is a splendid one to beholdOld Duckman is a splendid one to beholdOld Duckman is a splendid one to beholdOld Duckman is a splendid one to beholdOld Duckman is a splendid one to beholdOld Duckman is a splendid one to behold
Navy: Gunners Mate-G, USS Detroit (AOE-4)
Old Duckman's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah it runs wel...until you hit the rev limiter. Hit mine the first week of ownership...There went my gentle break-in I suppose..?
Old 07-03-2009, 06:21 AM   #17
I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.
mws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
mws4ua's Tacoma Gallery
I drive like a granny most of the time... but like you, every once in a while I like to see what she'll do. Usually when some douchenozzle pulls up to me at a stoplight in a lane that he KNOWS ends just past the light.

'Think you can jackrabbit and pull in front of me? Think again!'
Old 07-03-2009, 06:32 AM   #18
wmflyfisher has a brilliant futurewmflyfisher has a brilliant futurewmflyfisher has a brilliant futurewmflyfisher has a brilliant futurewmflyfisher has a brilliant futurewmflyfisher has a brilliant futurewmflyfisher has a brilliant futurewmflyfisher has a brilliant futurewmflyfisher has a brilliant futurewmflyfisher has a brilliant futurewmflyfisher has a brilliant future

Name: Wes
wmflyfisher's Tacoma Gallery
I'm just glad I can actually press the pedal going up a hill and the truck will do what it is supposed to do... accelerate!!! Toyota finally got it right with this motor that's for sure!
Old 07-03-2009, 06:37 AM   #19
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
I agree about the power of this V6. It put my 4.7 Dodge engine to shame! Both were rated close in hp, but the dodge motor put down 185 hp to the tires, and the Toyota putt down 205! Close in torqe too. The most impressive moment for me was taking off in front of my house and getting some pretty good wheels spin with my 285's.....While pulling my boat!
Old 07-03-2009, 07:07 AM   #20
petersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shedpetersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shedpetersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shedpetersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shedpetersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shedpetersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shedpetersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shedpetersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shedpetersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shedpetersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shedpetersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Do you need to ask?! It's up there ^
petersharp's Tacoma Gallery
It can't hurt to give it some gas every once in a while. I was on the redline a bit last week towing a trailer, with large load in bed, going up a hill from Flagstaff to Phoenix.