LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

I can't decide which tires. Taller or Wider?

Old 07-02-2009, 11:09 PM   #1
slimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant future

slimcubby's Tacoma Gallery
I can't decide which tires. Taller or Wider?

Hey guys!

First off I know this is not for a Tacoma since I sold my truck. But you guys are so much more helpful than any other forum I have to post it here. I am a member on a couple F150 forums but for the most part no body replies to threads or posts pictures lol.

Ok here are my choices if you guys can let me know if there are any pros and cons going with either choice I would appreciate it.

275/70/18 (33.15x10.82) Taller yet skinnier
305/60/18 (32.40x12.00) Slightly shorter yet wider

Here is 2 pictures to reference the look of each. Thanks for your guys input!

275's

305's
Old 07-03-2009, 02:12 AM   #2
XC4ME is one of the sharper tools in the shedXC4ME is one of the sharper tools in the shedXC4ME is one of the sharper tools in the shedXC4ME is one of the sharper tools in the shedXC4ME is one of the sharper tools in the shedXC4ME is one of the sharper tools in the shedXC4ME is one of the sharper tools in the shedXC4ME is one of the sharper tools in the shedXC4ME is one of the sharper tools in the shedXC4ME is one of the sharper tools in the shedXC4ME is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
XC4ME's Tacoma Gallery
I'm like'n the looks of those 305's.
Old 07-03-2009, 05:41 AM   #4
Kylie's dad
WilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
WilsonTheDog's Tacoma Gallery
I don't see much of a difference. You're talking only 3/4" difference in height. I say go with the 305's.
Old 07-03-2009, 05:45 AM   #5
ClemsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedClemsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedClemsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedClemsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedClemsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedClemsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedClemsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedClemsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedClemsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedClemsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedClemsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army: Army Guard 31B
Name: Cam
ClemsonTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
I might get bad rep for saying this but, I think that F-150's look good. Especialy with lift and tires. I would go with the 305's they look really good.
Old 07-03-2009, 05:50 AM   #6
I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.
mws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
mws4ua's Tacoma Gallery
Make this a poll.

I vote 275s
Old 07-03-2009, 08:45 AM   #7
slimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant future

I can't make it a poll its too late I think lol. Thanks for the advice so far guys keep it coming its helping.
Old 07-03-2009, 08:51 AM   #10
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Soft terrain = wider

Hard terrain = Taller
Old 07-03-2009, 08:52 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunes View Post
What are you doing with the truck??
I will be using it for work and occasionally taking it off road. But mainly driving it daily for work.
Old 07-03-2009, 08:53 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
Soft terrain = wider

Hard terrain = Taller
Hmm... so maybe the 275's would be better because I could always air down and get a wider foot print.
Old 07-03-2009, 09:02 AM   #13
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by slimcubby View Post
Hmm... so maybe the 275's would be better because I could always air down and get a wider foot print.
Yeah, but being as there is only 3/4" difference in height, I dont think it matters.
Old 07-03-2009, 09:51 AM   #15
Tacoma with the TRI package
TRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tri
TRICOMA's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to TRICOMA Send a message via MSN to TRICOMA
Can't see much of a difference from the side. I would go with the cheaper tire or the one that you can get easily. I have a 18 rim on my Tundra and they just don't make many tires for it. Both look good.
Old 07-03-2009, 10:08 AM   #16
✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈
neontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shed
neontrail's Tacoma Gallery
three-zero-five's !!
Old 07-03-2009, 01:57 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
Yeah, but being as there is only 3/4" difference in height, I dont think it matters.
What do you think will get better MPG?
Old 07-04-2009, 12:01 PM   #19
newtaco08 is on a distinguished road
newtaco08's Tacoma Gallery
305's definately!!!
Old 07-04-2009, 12:15 PM   #20
AK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

AK27's Tacoma Gallery
i like the 305s