Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

flowmaster for 08 tacoma? help

Old 07-03-2009, 12:19 AM   #1
Taco89 has a spectacular aura aboutTaco89 has a spectacular aura about

Name: Nik
Taco89's Tacoma Gallery
flowmaster for 08 tacoma? help

i was wondering what flowmaster would work on my 2008 V6 tacoma? is the flowmaster 40 or deltaflow 50 louder? i dont want it to be too loud on idle i want it to sound good when i hit it. and can i just buy the muffler for it?
Old 07-03-2009, 01:29 AM   #2
Begin With The End In Mind.
carmellocafe is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarmellocafe is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarmellocafe is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarmellocafe is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarmellocafe is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarmellocafe is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarmellocafe is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarmellocafe is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarmellocafe is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarmellocafe is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarmellocafe is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: KEVIN
carmellocafe's Tacoma Gallery
I went with 50 delta and am pretty happy with it. Heard my friends 40 and it was too loud in the cab. IMO. Check out the "sound clips on this site.
Old 07-03-2009, 07:37 AM   #3
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
The 40 is louder than the 50.

I have the 50 Catback dual exits on my 07 truck. It's probably the perfect sound level for what I wanted. The system cost me about $310 and my husband and I installed it ourselves.

http://www.lieblweb.com/cpg/albums/T...l_SDC10282.JPG

Yes, you can buy only the muffler.
Old 07-03-2009, 08:10 AM   #4
"Let's Ride!"
Padilla1880 has a brilliant futurePadilla1880 has a brilliant futurePadilla1880 has a brilliant futurePadilla1880 has a brilliant futurePadilla1880 has a brilliant futurePadilla1880 has a brilliant futurePadilla1880 has a brilliant futurePadilla1880 has a brilliant futurePadilla1880 has a brilliant futurePadilla1880 has a brilliant futurePadilla1880 has a brilliant future

Name: Daniel
Padilla1880's Tacoma Gallery
Yea the 40 is louder than the 50. I have a 40. As far as cab noise, not that bad. I expected it to be way louder from what people have said.
Old 07-03-2009, 08:22 AM   #5
GoBlueFan is a name known to allGoBlueFan is a name known to allGoBlueFan is a name known to allGoBlueFan is a name known to allGoBlueFan is a name known to allGoBlueFan is a name known to all

Air Force: Load Toad (462/2W1)
Name: Jon
GoBlueFan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco89 View Post
i was wondering what flowmaster would work on my 2008 V6 tacoma? is the flowmaster 40 or deltaflow 50 louder? i dont want it to be too loud on idle i want it to sound good when i hit it. and can i just buy the muffler for it?

Sorry, but the flowmaster mufflers will not work on a Tacoma.
Old 07-03-2009, 08:32 AM   #6
Kylie's dad
WilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
WilsonTheDog's Tacoma Gallery
Of course you can just install a muffler. My Magnaflow on the stock pipes sounds as good as (better?) any catback. I get compliments constantly.
Old 07-03-2009, 08:47 AM   #7
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
DeeKay21's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBlueFan View Post
Sorry, but the flowmaster mufflers will not work on a Tacoma.
I'm pretty sure they will since all of us on this thread have them installed on out Tacoma's.
Flowmaster 50 series:
Old 07-03-2009, 09:15 AM   #9
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBlueFan View Post
oop...hold on a minute, let me loosen the drag a bit...
It's a no wonder the newer folks are sooooo confused. People are giving them false information and messing with their heads.
Old 07-03-2009, 09:46 AM   #10
GoBlueFan is a name known to allGoBlueFan is a name known to allGoBlueFan is a name known to allGoBlueFan is a name known to allGoBlueFan is a name known to allGoBlueFan is a name known to all

Air Force: Load Toad (462/2W1)
Name: Jon
GoBlueFan's Tacoma Gallery
hence the pokey stick...

OF COURSE JUST ABOUT ANY MUFFLER WILL WORK ON A TACOMA...how they sound is all subjective. Hope this clears up any confusion.
Old 07-03-2009, 10:12 AM   #11
TacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gus
TacomaGus's Tacoma Gallery
i just got a 40 series put on my 4 banger tacoma a few days ago and it sound really good i think, not ricey at all which surprised me haha. It does resonate a good bit in the cab between 2-3k RPM's but you can't hear it at idle one bit, really just when your gassing it. The 50 DF would be a good deal quieter cuz i tried one of those out before they welded everything, but it's all what you like...
Old 07-03-2009, 10:33 AM   #12
Are these black helicopters for me?
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
im putting a 50 on my truck and ditching the 2 rear cats.
Old 07-04-2009, 12:00 AM   #13

Taco89's Tacoma Gallery
thanks everyone
Old 07-04-2009, 12:18 AM   #14
Kylie's dad
WilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
WilsonTheDog's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janster View Post
It's a no wonder the newer folks are sooooo confused. People are giving them false information and messing with their heads.
It's pretty obvious that he's JOKING.
Old 07-05-2009, 01:58 PM   #16

Taco89's Tacoma Gallery
what size muffler do i need for my 2008 extended cab V6 truck?
Old 07-05-2009, 02:08 PM   #17

Taco89's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilsonTheDog View Post
Of course you can just install a muffler. My Magnaflow on the stock pipes sounds as good as (better?) any catback. I get compliments constantly.

how much was just the magnaflow muffler? is that the same as a flowmaster?
Old 07-05-2009, 02:25 PM   #18
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
I'm just installing the FM 40 Muffler...sounds mean
Old 07-05-2009, 02:30 PM   #20
06yoter is on a distinguished road
Name: Chris
06yoter's Tacoma Gallery
i have the flowmaster 40 single in dual out and its not that bad. its quiet but mean sounding at idle and in overdrive gear on the interstate traveling, but its loud when i get on it which is exactly what i wanted. haha these little civics pulled up next to me in town last week revving up and i revved mine up and they stopped. then i made thier little piece of crap look like it was standing still. haha