Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Not what I was expecting...

Old 07-03-2009, 12:38 PM   #1
GoBlueFan is a name known to allGoBlueFan is a name known to allGoBlueFan is a name known to allGoBlueFan is a name known to allGoBlueFan is a name known to allGoBlueFan is a name known to all

Air Force: Load Toad (462/2W1)
Name: Jon
GoBlueFan's Tacoma Gallery
Not what I was expecting...

Ok, I bought a set of the OEM Bilstiens with a 2" RevTek spacer (spacers just happen to be on there, was not really looking for them). My prerunner sits about 2.5" nose down compared to the rear. Just put them on...and it sits way nose high even after driving around the block. Not gonna work as it looks dorky.

Not exactly what I was looking for. I just wanted to level things out. So just what size spacer does level things out? The 1"??

I really don't want to go back out there to undo what I just did...but it looks like I am .
Old 07-03-2009, 12:43 PM   #2
mall crawlin', web wheelin', concrete cowboy
FlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Paul
FlawedXJ's Tacoma Gallery
enjoy the cali lean my friend. My nose is still about 1 inch higher in the front than rear and I have the rear lifted.
Old 07-03-2009, 01:04 PM   #3
Thread killer
LBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

LBtaco's Tacoma Gallery
TSB leafs or shackle flip to raise the rear?? would be easy
Old 07-03-2009, 02:17 PM   #4
GoBlueFan is a name known to allGoBlueFan is a name known to allGoBlueFan is a name known to allGoBlueFan is a name known to allGoBlueFan is a name known to allGoBlueFan is a name known to all

whew...it's only about 105 heat index outside right now...

Just got done swapping them back out. I am going to pull the 2" spacers out. Forgot to add, there is also a 1/4" spacer in there as well. Like I said, these came this way. I'll put the Bilsteins sans 2" spacer back in but keep the 1/4" one. That'll be good. On a plus note...It only took a fraction of the time to do it this time around. First one was a learning curve, but now it's a piece of cake.

Anyone want to buy a set of RevTek 2" spacers?
Old 07-03-2009, 02:17 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by oakleyTRD View Post

I was so disgusted I didn't even think of getting the camera.
Old 07-03-2009, 02:18 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBtaco View Post
TSB leafs or shackle flip to raise the rear?? would be easy

Not looking to raise it...then I'd have to get bigger tires...different UCA... I just want it more level is all.
Old 07-03-2009, 02:19 PM   #7
mall crawlin', web wheelin', concrete cowboy
FlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Paul
FlawedXJ's Tacoma Gallery
i ran a 3 inch lift in front with nothing in the back for almost a month. Who cares? I don't. if someone looks at me and think "thats mexican looking" fuckem. I drive a swb any ways.
Old 07-03-2009, 02:32 PM   #9

With just the 1/4" spacers, it's not bad. I swapped them over to the stock struts when I put it back together to see if there was much difference. Not much, but there is a difference. Definitely better than without. Won't need much more actually. I'll ride like this for a bit while I get the spacers removed from the Bilsteins and see if it will do. It just might.